A thought to start your week with…
Blessed be dear Sisters, Brothers, and honored Guests!
A thought to start your week with…
Blessed be dear Sisters, Brothers, and honored Guests!
When dealing with a weekly spell guide, Mondays are thought to be the logical day for money, love, time and meditation spells. Since Mondays are thought to be the start of the work week, it gives plenty of time for a Monday spell to gain strength throughout the rest of the week.
This spell will call on Meness, the patron moon god of travelers. We met Meness earlier, in the meditation for Monday. I suggest setting up this spell in the evening. Find a spot that faces east or that is illuminated by moonlight. Or try setting this up under the moon, in the garden, or on the porch or your outside deck. Get some atmosphere going! Try using a scented candle, such as jasmine or gardenia, to coordinate the fragrance with the moon’s energies.
Gather the following items:
• A photo of your destination, your travel itinerary, or your airline tickets
• 4 small tumbled moonstones
• A scented white votive candle and holder
• A lighter or matches
Set up this spell on a safe, flat surface. Light the candle and place it in the holder. Place your paperwork/tickets or itinerary to one side of the candle. Arrange the four stones in a circle around the holder. Place your hands on the travel paperwork, and ground and center. Then repeat the following spell three times:
Meness, patron of travelers, watch over me
Whether I travel in the air, on land, or sea
Like a talisman in my pocket a stone will I tuck
Moonstones do encourage a safe journey and bring good luck. Take one of the stones and keep it in your pocket while you travel. You may close the spell by saying:
For the good of all, with harm to none
By the moon and stars, this spell is done.
Gather up your papers and tuck them away for your trip. Allow the candle to burn out on its own. If you performed this outside, then move your candle and the remaining stones indoors to let the candle safely finish burning. Never leave your candle unattended.
Book of Witchery: Spells, Charms & Correspondences for Every Day of the Week
*All of Ms. Dugan’s books used on the WOTC are available for purchase on Amazon.com.
Thursday (Thor’s day)
Colors: Purple, Deep Blue
Crystals: Amethyst, Lepidolite, Sugilite, Tin
Aroma: Melissa, Clove, Oakmoss, Jupiter Oil, Cinnamon, Musk, Nutmeg, and Sage
Herb: Cinquefoil Ruled by the planet Jupiter and dedicated to Thor, god of thunder and agricultural work. His parallels in various European Traditions include Zeus, Taranis, Perun, and Perkunas.
Magical aspects: controlled optimism, energetic growth, physical well-being, material success, expansion, money/wealth, prosperity, leadership, and generosity.
Thursday is the day of Jupiter, the largest of the planets and said to be the most powerful. Spellcasters would be wise to use this day for attempting wealth, success and prosperity spells.
Thursday is also associated (in Greek mythology) to Thor – Thor’s day – and some even say that Jupiter and Thor are one in the same. Both are strong and powerful, yet wise and just. Try a small prayer to Jupiter before commencing any ritual on Thursday as a sign of respect. This is the proper day of the week to perform spells and rituals involving luck, happiness, health, legal matters, male fertility, treasure, wealth, honour, riches, clothing, money, desires, business, group pursuits, joy, laughter, and expansion.
|Instinct||The desire to conquer, the spirit of adventure, brave.|
|Purpose||The best thing can be achieved: Holy Grail.|
|The Light||The outstanding power, the path leading forward, the quest for a person’s position in the world.|
|The Shadow||Tyranny, delusion, egotistic, ultimately failed due to the obstacles.|
|Quality||The victory of one’s self: self-knowing, overcoming the ego/self, winning.|
Stands for: Man (as in human, not gender)
Color: Blue (Purple)
Casting meaning: Mannaz has many powers. First it is a rune that lets us know we can achieve our fullest potential. Secondly it reminds us that we, as humans, all have shared experiences in life. Lastly we can use the power of this rune to gain the upper hand in disputes and arguments.
Travel, birds, communication, messages from the other side, soaring at great heights, fast moving, news
The Flight Rune brings otherworldly news or reminds us of some form of communication, be it spoken or written. Birds are sacred animals and messengers to the heavens and to the gods. It may also mean we will be making a journey soon – be it physical or spiritual.
Pronunciation – kwairt
Tree Association – apple
Meaning – Physical and mental wellness, rest, wholeness, spiritual harmony, and choices. These positive outcomes typically take place after suffering, pain, or sadness. Representative of a profound connection to the universe. A reminder that you matter just the way you are. There’s no need to prove yourself through productivity or work. It’s ok to rest, slow down, and be still. Alternatively, associated with having to make choices, hardship, mental illness, or self-destructive behaviors.
If reversed – Despair, ailments, and overall unhappy energy. Your body or mind may be forcing you to rest because you’ve not made it a priority. You may also be suffering from depression, anxiety, or other mental issues that are causing you extraordinary sadness. Please find a professional that can offer you the best advice and who can help you recover.
Inscription and Magical Uses – Helpful to use with meditation when pursuing a spiritual awakening, prosperity, or healing. Wonderful to use when giving healing and positive energies to a loved one. Use to bind negative behaviors or intentions, focus them away from you, or shield yourself.
Folklore – Linked to positive magical outcomes and Avalon, an island where wild apple trees, grapevines, and grains grew naturally; it’s considered paradise. Those who lived on this island had very long lives. Apples are often associated with love, and when an apple is cut in half, the seeds form a star and are sometimes used in divination.
Fire sparks more Flames:
The Superior Person holds an inner Fire that ignites passion in every heart it touches, until all the world is enlightened and aflame.
With so searing a flame, success will not be denied you.
Take care to be as peaceful and nurturing as the cow in the meadow; you are strong enough to be gentle.
A Promethean flame is delivering light and heat to the situation at hand.
This radiance will cause such an alchemical transformation of circumstances that the changes will seem magical, miraculous.
Yet they are only shifts of perspective and attitude that bring clarity.
The passions kindled by this fire must be harnessed and used judiciously, or they threaten to consume your hopes and dreams.
Number 0 (zero) in numerology conceals a deep sacred secret about the spiritual root of material nature. Being in its essence an anti-number, zero, nevertheless, takes the first place in the number series unlike mathematics. This order indicates the hidden potential of the creation of all subsequent objects and phenomena.
Aleister Crowley described these metaphysical processes with a mathematical universal formula. It says: 0 = 2.
0 is Nuit (not I) – a great extension.
2 is Hadit – a great contraction.
Number zero is an abstract source of all numbers in numerology; practically, it symbolizes the spiritual root cause of existing being.
The sacred value of number 0 is associated with its image in the form of a divine sphere. The perfect form of a circle denotes the concept of infinity and eternity, which has neither a beginning nor an end.
Did you see the number 242 repeatedly?
Was it a TV, newspaper, or bank account in your dreams?
If you keep looking at this number, your guardian angels want to tell you something important through this angel number.
Each angel number has a specific meaning.
Let’s take a look at the message of angel number 242 here.
Angel number 242 is the message that “your faith and trust strengthen your connection with the angels, and your positivity makes it easier for you to receive divine guidance.”
The angels are waiting for your support and help.
Believe that they are always by your side.
Also, if you keep watching 242, we ask you to take a break every busy day to keep your balance.
Busy work is great, but private time is also an important part of your life.
Angel number 242 is a message to focus more on enriching your spirituality.
Open your heart to listen more to the advice and messages of angels and heaven.
Cat meaning and symbolism includes elegance, curiosity, independence, protection, magic, and other notable qualities. For thousands of years, people have been captivated by cats. Even before wild cats became domesticated, ancient cultures believed in the cat spirit animal. And when wild cats began to live more closely with human beings around 8000 B.C., cats became even more important in our lives. In this post you’ll learn about cat symbolism and meanings around the world, as well as cat mythology, the cat spirit animal, and more.
1. The Law was made and ordained of old.
2. The Law was made for the Wicca, to advise and help in their troubles.
3. The Wicca should give due worship to the gods and obey their will, which they ordain, for it was made for the good of Wicca as the worship of the Wicca is good for the gods. For the gods love the brethren of Wicca.
4. As a man loveth a woman by mastering her.
5. So the Wicca should love the gods by being mastered by them.
6. And it is necessary that the Circle, which is the temple of the gods, should be truly cast and purified. And that it may be a fit place for the gods to enter.
7. And the Wicca shall be properly prepared and purified to enter into the presence of the gods.
8. With love and worship in their hearts, they shall raise power from their bodies to give power to the gods.
9. As has been taught of old.
10. For in this way only may men have communion with the gods, for the gods cannot help man without the help of man.
11. And the High Priestess shall rule her coven as the representative of the God.
12. And the High Priest shall support her as the representative of the God.
13. And the High Priestess shall choose whom she will, be he of sufficient rank, to be her High Priest.
14. For as the god himself kissed her feet in the fivefold salute, laying his power at the feet of the Goddess because of her youth and beauty, her sweetness and kindness, her wisdom and justice, her humility and generosity,
15. So he resigned all his power to her.
16. But the High Priestess should ever mind that all power comes from him.
17. It is only lent, to be used wisely and justly.
18. And the greatest virtue of a High priestess be that she recognize that youth is necessary to the representative of the goddess.
19. So she will gracefully retire in favor of a younger woman should the Coven so decide in council.
20. For a true High Priestess realizes that gracefully surrendering pride of place is one of the greatest virtues.
21. And that thereby she will return to that pride of place in another life, with greater power and beauty.
22. In the old days, when witchdom extended far, we were free and worshipped in all the greater temples.
23. But in these unhappy times we must celebrate our sacred mysteries in secret.
24. So be it ordained, that none but the Wicca may see our mysteries, for our enemies are many and torture loosens the tongue of man.
25. So be it ordained that no Coven shall know where the next Coven bide.
26. Or who its members be, save only the Priest and Priestess and messenger.
27. And there shall be no communication between them, save by the messenger of the gods, or the summoner.
28. And only if it be safe may the covens meet in some safe place for the great festivals.
29. And while there, none shall say whence they came nor give their true names.
30. To this end, any that are tortured in their agony may not tell if they do not know.
31. So be it ordained that no one shall tell anyone not of the craft who be of the Wicca, nor give any names or where they bide, or in any way tell anything which can betray any of us to our foes.
32. Nor may he tell where the Covendom be.
33. Or the Covenstead.
34. Or where the meetings be.
35. And if any break these laws, even under torture, THE CURSE OF THE GODDESS SHALL BE UPON THEM, so they may never be reborn on earth and may remain where they belong, in the hell of the Christians.
36. Let each High Priestess govern her Coven with justice and love, with the help and advice of the High Priest and the Elders, always heeding the advice of the messenger of the gods if he cometh.
37. She will heed all complains of all Brothers and strive to settle all differences among them.
38. But it must be recognized that there will always be people who will ever strive to force others to do as they will.
39. These are not necessarily evil.
40. And they oft have good ideas and such ideas should be talked over in council.
41. But if they will not agree with their Brothers, or if they say,
42. “I will not work under this High Priestess,”
43. It hath ever been the Old Law to be convenient to the Brethren and to avoid disputes.
44. Any of the third may claim to found a new Coven because they live over a league away from the Covenstead, or that they are about to do so.
45. Anyone living within the Covendom and wishing to form a new Coven shall tell the Elders of their intention and on the instant avoid their dwelling and remove to the new Covendom.
46. Members of the old Coven may join the new one when it is formed. But if they do, they must utterly avoid the old Coven.
47. The Elders of the new and the old Covens should meet in peace and brotherly love to decide the new boundaries.
48. Those of the craft who dwell outside both Covendoms may join either but not both.
49. Though all may, if the Elders agree, meet for the great festivals if it be truly in peace and brotherly love,
50. But splitting the Coven off means strife, so for this reason these Laws were made of old and may the CURSE OF THE GODDESS BE ON ANY WHO DISREGARD THEM. So be it ordained.
51. If you would keep a book, let it be in your own hand of write. Let brothers and sisters copy what they will, but never let the book out of your hands, and never keep the writings of another.
52. For if it be found in their hand of write, they may be taken and arraigned. Let each guard his own writings and destroy them
53. whenever danger threatens.
54. Learn as much as you may by heart and, when danger is past, rewrite your book, an it be safe.
55. For this reason, if any die, destroy their book if they have not been able to.
56. For, if it be found, `tis clear proof against them.
57. And our oppressors know well “Ye may not be a witch alone”.
58. So all their kin and friends be in danger of torture.
59. So destroy everything not necessary.
60. If your book be found on you, `tis clear proof against you alone, you may be arraigned.
61. Keep all thoughts of the craft from your mind.
62. If the torture be too great to bear, say, “I will confess. I can’t bear this torture. What do you want me to say?”
63. If they try to make you speak of the Brotherhood, do not.
64. But if they try to make you speak of impossibilities such as flying through the air, consorting with a Christian devil or sacrificing children, or eating men’s flesh.
65. To obtain relief from torture say, “I had an evil dream I was beside myself, I was crazed.”
66. Not all magistrates are bad, if there be an excuse, they may show mercy.
67. If you have confessed ought, deny it afterwards, say you babbled under torture, and say you knew not what you said.
68. If you are condemned, fear not.
69. The Brotherhood is powerful and will help you to escape if you stand steadfast, but if you betray ought there is no hope for you in this life or in that to come.
70. Be sure, if steadfast you go to the pyre, drugs will reach you, you will feel naught you go to death and what lies beyond, the ecstasy of the goddess.
71. To avoid discovery, let the working tools be as ordinary things that any may have in their houses.
72. Let the pentacles be of wax so that they may be broken at once or melted.
73. Have no sword unless your rank allows it.
74. Have no names or signs on anything.
75. Write the names and signs on them in ink before consecrating them and wash it off immediately afterwards.
76. Let the color of the hilts tell which is which.
77. Do not engrave them unless they cause discovery.
78. Ever remember ye are the hidden children of the Goddess so never do anything to disgrace them or Her.
79. Never boast, never threaten, never say you would wish ill of anyone.
80. If any person not in the Circle, speak of the craft, say, “Speak not to me of such, it frightens me, `tis evil luck to speak of it.
81. For this reason, the Christians have their spies everywhere. These speak as if they were well affected to us, as if they wouldn’t come into our meetings, saying, “My mother used to worship the Old Ones. I would I could go myself.”
82. To such as these ever deny all knowledge.
83. But to others, ever say, “Tis foolish men talk of witches flying through the air. To do so they must be as light as thistledown. And men say that witches all be blear eyed old crones, so what pleasure can there be at a witch meeting such as folks talk on?”
84. And say, “Many wise men now say there be no such creatures.”
85. Ever make it a jest, and in some future time perhaps, the persecution may die and we may worship our gods in safety again.
86. Let us all pray for that happy day.
87. May the blessings of the Goddess and God be on all who keep these Laws which are ordained.
88. If the craft hath any appendage, let all guard it and witchcraft in the land,” because our oppressors of old make it heresy not to believe in witchcraft and so a crime to deny it which thereby puts you under suspicion.
89. And let all justly guard all monies of the craft.
90. And if any Brother truly wrought it, `tis right they have their pay, an it be just. An this be not taking money for the art, but for good and honest work.
91. And even the Christians say, “The laborer is worthy of his hire,” but if any Brother work willingly for the good of the craft without pay, `tis but to their greater honor. So be it ordained.
92. If there be any dispute or quarrel among the Brethren, the High Priestess shall straightly convene the Elders and enquire into the matter, and they shall hear both sides, first alone and then together.
93. And they shall decide justly, not favoring one side or the other.
94. Ever recognizing there be people who can never agree to work under others.
95. But at the same time; there be some people who cannot rule justly.
96. To those who ever must be chief, there is one answer.
97. Void the Coven or seek another one, or make a Coven of your own, taking with you those who will go.
98. To those who cannot, justly the answer be, “Those who cannot bear your rule will leave with you.
99. For none may come to meetings with those whom they are at variance.
100. So, an either cannot agree, get hence, for the craft must ever survive, so be it ordained.
101. In the olden days when we had power, we could use the art against any who ill-treated the Brotherhood. But in these evil days we must not do so. For our enemies have devised a burning pit of everlasting fire into which they say their god casteth all the people who worship him, except it be the very few who are released by their priests, spells and masses. And this be chiefly by giving monies and rich gifts to receive his favor for their great god is ever in need of money.
102. But as our gods need our aid to make fertility for man and crops, so is the god of the Christians ever in need of man’s help to search out and destroy us. Their priests ever tell them that any who get our help are damned to this hell forever, so men be mad with the terror of it.
103. But they make men believe that they may escape this hell if they give victims to the tormentors. So for this reason all be forever spying, thinking, “And I can catch but one of these Wicca, I will escape from this fiery pit.”
104. So for this reason we have our hides, and men searching long and Doth finding, say, “There be none, or if there be, they be in a far country.”
105. But when one of our oppressors die, or even be sick, ever is the cry, “This be witches’ malice”, and the hunt is up again. And though they slay ten of their own to one of ours, still they care not. They have countless thousands.
106. While we are few indeed. So be it ordained.
107. That none shall use the art in any way to do ill to any.
108. However much they injure us, harm none. And now times many believe we exist not.
109. That this Law shall ever continue to help us in our plight, no one, however great an injury or injustice they receive, may use the art in any way to do ill, or harm any. But they may, after great consultations with all, use the art to restrain Christians from harming us Brothers, but only to constrain them and never to punish.
110. To this end men will say, “Such a one is a mighty searcher out, and a persecutor of old women when they desire to be witches, and none hath done him harm, so it be proof that they cannot or more truly there be none.
111. For all know full well that so many folk have died because someone had a grudge against them, or were persecuted because they had money or goods to seize, or because they had none to bribe the searchers. And many have died because they were scolding old women. So much that men now say that only old women are witches.
112. And this be to our advantage and turns suspicion away from us.
113. In England and Scotland `tis now many a year since a witch hath died the death. But any misuse of the power might raise the persecution again.
114. So never break this Law, however much you are tempted, and never consent to its being broken in the least.
115. If you know it is being broken, you must work strongly against it.
116. And any High Priestess or High Priest who consents to its breach must immediately be deposed for tis the blood of the Brethren they endanger.
117. Do good, an it be safe, and only if it be safe.
118. And strictly keep to the Old Law.
119. Never accept money for the work of the art, for money ever smeareth the taker. “Tis sorcerers and conjurors and the priests of the Christians who ever accept money for the use of their arts. And they sell pardons to let men escape from their sins.
120. Be not as these. If you accept no money, you will be free from temptation to use the art for evil causes.
121. All may use the art for their own advantage or for the advantage of the craft only if you are sure you harm none.
122. But ever let the Coven debate this at length. Only if all are satisfied that none may be harmed, may the art be used.
123. If it is not possible to achieve your ends one way, perchance the aim may be achieved by acting in a different way so as to harm none. MAY THE CURSE OF THE GODDESS BE UPON ANY WHO BREAKETH THIS LAW. So be it ordained.
124. “Tis judged lawful if ever any of the craft need a house or land and none will sell, to incline the owner’s mind so as to be willing to sell, provided it harmeth him not in any way and the full price is paid without haggling.
125. Never bargain or cheapen anything whilst you buy by the art. So be it ordained.
126. Tis the Old Law and the most important of all laws, that no one may do anything which will endanger any of the craft, or bring them into contact with the law of the land or any persecutors
127. In any dispute between the Brethren, no one may invoke any laws but those of the craft.
128. Or any tribunal but that of the Priestess, Priest and Elders.
129. It is not forbidden to say as Christians do, “There be witchcraft in the land,” because our oppressors of old make it heresy not to believe in witchcraft and so a crime to deny it which thereby puts you under suspicion.
130. But ever say, “I know not of it here, perchance there may be but afar off, I know not where.”
131. But ever speak of them as old crones, consorting with the devil and riding through the air.
132. And ever say, “But how may many ride the air if they be not as light as thistledown.”
133. But the curse of the Goddess be on any who cast suspicion on any of the Brotherhood.
134. Or who speak of any real meeting place or where they bide.
135. Let the craft keep books with the names of all herbs which are good, and all cures so all may learn.
136. But keep another book with all Bills and Apices and let only the Elders and other trustworthy people have this knowledge. So be it ordained.
137. And may the blessings of the gods be on all who keep these Laws, and the curses of both the God and the Goddess be on all who break them.
138. Remember the art is the secret of the gods and may only be used in earnest and never for show or vain glory.
139. Magicians and Christians may taunt us saying, “You have no power, show us your power. Do magic before our eyes, then only will we believe,” seeking to cause us to betray the art before them.
140. Heed them not, for the art is holy and may only be used in need, and the curse of the gods be on any who break this Law.
141. It ever be the way with women and with men also, that they ever seek new love.
142. Nor should we reprove them for this.
143. But it may be found a disadvantage to the craft.
144. And so many a time it has happened that a High Priest or a High Priestess, impelled by love, hath departed with their love. That is, they have left the Coven.
145. Now if the High Priestess wishes to resign, she may do so in full Coven.
146. And this resignation is valid.
147. But if they should run off without resigning, who may know if they may not return in a few months?
148. So the Law is, if a High Priestess leaves her Coven, she be taken back and all be as before.
149. Meanwhile, if she has a deputy, that deputy shall act as High Priestess for as long as the High Priestess is away.
150. If she returns not at the end of a year and a day, then shall the Coven elect a new High Priestess.
151. Unless there is a good reason to the contrary.
152. The person who has done the work shall reap the benefit of the reward, maiden and deputy of the High Priestess.
153. It had been found that practicing the art doth cause a fondness between aspirant and tutor, and it is the cause of better results if this be so.
154. And if for any reason this be undesirable, it can easily be avoided by both persons from the outset firmly resolving in their minds to be as brother and sister, or parent and child.
155. And it is for this reason that a man may be taught only by a woman and a woman by a man, and women and women should not attempt these practices together. So be it ordained.
156. Order and discipline must be kept.
157. A High Priestess or a High Priest may, and should, punish all faults.
158. To this end all fault and his sentence pronounced.
159. All properly prepared, the culprit should be told his fault, and his sentence pronounced.
160. Punishment should be followed by something amusing.
161. The culprit must acknowledge the justice of the punishment by kissing the hand on receiving sentence and again thanking for punishment received. So be it ordained.
A dark-grey or purple fabric drawstring bad
Angelica root or rosemary
Sale and pepper in tiwsts of silver foil
An animal or bird bone, or 7 black beads
A dark-green thread or ribbon
A few drops of brandy or barley wine
“While you remain hidden within,
Keep safe without.”
A dark blue candle
Dried parsley, rosemary, nettles – or just use one or two of the herbs
A small dish
A small cauldron
Cast-iron cookware pot
With light I cast your influence away
I break your hold on my/(name’s) mind
When these herbs are gone,
No longer will you bind.
The power is gone;
Your day is done
To hold me/(name)against my/her/his will
You must be gone
I wish you no ill.
Separation, Withdrawal, Heir
This is the time of your ways separating. Old skin must shed, outdated relationships need to be given up. If this rune appears, a “molting” is necessary. Othila is a rune of the radical separation. Obedience and probably also withdrawal is necessary – to know, when and how you need to withdraw, and to actually have the determination, to do it. Property is also an aspect of this rune, because Othila is the rune of the acquisition and profit. The profit however, that “heir”, which you receive, could likely be made of something that you need to abandon. This process can be especially hard if that what needs to be abandoned is something of your cultural heir and backing. Not ‘rigidly’ but rather like a ‘river’ is the correct attitude to have. And yet – you have to wait that the universe begins to act.
Bonding, alliance, marriage, teams, family
This witches rune indicates an issue, be it good or bad, with family, co-workers, friends, etc. Bonding on different levels is also the message.
Change, shift, the sea, maps, realm of the subconscious, great undercurrents
Tree: Witch hazel (Hamamelis spp.)
“Sea change” is a term for profound or holistic change. Change is the foundation of existence. The interplay of opposing forces creates and destroys ad infinitum. Mor bookends the concept of change introduced by the first Ogham, Beith. The intention that sowed an action reaped a habit, the habit reaped a character, and the character reaped a destiny. The new track in space has been laid and change is inevitable.
When you draw Mor, look for the changes in and around you. These are not necessarily good or bad. Often, drawing this Ogham can mean something as basic as “oh look, the season of Spring is arriving”. Mor doesn’t have to indicate any kind of drama, although it could. Mor calls out to you to look at overarching influences, new factors or people, and to examine the permutations and possibilities of how they affect the environment.
Mor is a bird’s eye view of opposing forces in our lives rather than being upswept by the random forces that weave in and out of our daily existences. Understanding your own subconscious gives you the ability to calmly deal with challenges that come your way. The work you do on understanding yourself is the sails you build on your boat in the great sea of life. You still need to figure out which way the wind is blowing, of course, but knowing a thing or two about your own position, your tendencies, desires, faults, and strengths will give you the power you need to dodge rocks and survive storms.
Questions when you draw Mor: …
The stoic Mountain drains its excess waters to the Lake below:
The Superior Person curbs his anger and sheds his desires.
To be frugal and content is to possess immeasurable wealth within.
Nothing of value could be refused such a person.
Make a portion of each meal a share of your offering.
This is an occasion for downsizing to fighting trim.
Simplicity and economy are strong defenses against the slings and arrows of Outrageous Fortune.
Whether this is a time of want or a time of plenty, it is an auspicious time to shed a dependency.
In numerology, the 4 is the number of strength and stability.
The Numerology Meaning of the Number 4: THE SALT OF THE EARTH
The chief characteristics of the number 4 are dependability, productivity, punctuality, and obedience. It is trustworthy, patient, conventional, and traditional.
People with prominent 4’s can seem dispassionate and solitary, preferring to toil in quiet obscurity. They work steadily and are extremely persistent, finding deep satisfaction in their accomplishments.
The 4 favors results over financial reward and public recognition. They are humble, often dress conservatively, and don’t clash with their surroundings.
They believe in effort and control and are goal-oriented, but their goals are often simple and down to earth. The 4 is not a visionary but notices every detail. They are capable, proficient, and they don’t cut corners – the perfect employee.
Looking at the shape of the number 4. you will notice the hard angles are a symbolic representation of this rather straight-edged workaholic – less creative or artistic, but excellent at working with their hands.
Many artisans and skilled laborers have the 4 prominent in their charts. The 4 works hard and is a good provider but demands discipline and loyalty. They do not do well in chaotic environments and are prone to panic attacks if it appears they don’t have things well under control.
The 4 does not like to make waves, but values moral convictions and doesn’t back down when convinced they are “doing the right thing.”
However, they can also be intolerant and, when faced with people from other cultures, countries or races, their insecurity and fear of the unknown can make them uncomfortable, even prejudiced at the extreme.
Many 4s choose a career in the military where their disciplined nature is right at home – and do exceptionally well when they are assigned duties that include administrative and organizational work.
As with any number, there are contradicting traits within the 4. For instance, while they are not particularly social or fun-loving, the 4 often reveals an entertainingly dry sense of humor. Further, although they can be strict parents, the 4 is extremely devoted and will walk through fire to get their children what they need.
My description of the 4 is, not surprisingly, almost the exact opposite of my description of the 3. This is to be expected, as each number is a counterpoint to the one that directly precedes it. The 2 is the polar opposite of the 1, the 3 displays traits that are directly opposed to those of the 2, and so on. Keep in mind, if you have a 4 in your core numbers, your other core numbers will affect the influence of the 4.
I am very lucky to see Angel Number 4. The angels will be near you, support you, and will guide you in the event of trouble.
Angel number 4 thus has the meaning of angel support. If you ask angels for help, they will surely help you.
Be sure to receive the support of these angels and turn that support into your own energy and move forward. The power received from the angel will eventually become important to you.
The angels are cheering that you have done a lot of hard work and you haven’t failed. That’s why so many angels are protecting you around you so that your life goes well in the future.
Angel number 4 has the meaning of order. This is the advice that you will have a better life by putting more order in your life, and that you have a well-ordered life so make sure you do your best It leads to two meanings.
It’s kind of conceptual and …
Cardinal meanings and symbolism include friendship, flair, home, love and devotion, good luck, music, and messages from angels. There are three species of cardinals and their native range spans from North America to the northern part of South America. So, these distinctive birds are favorites among people of diverse cultures, many of whom wonder what they symbolize. In this post, you’ll learn about cardinal meanings and symbolism, cardinal mythology and folklore, the cardinal spirit animal, and more.
Meaning: Celebrity from skills, apprenticeship pays off, contacts, skills, artistic talent, powerful support, rewards, renown, business opportunity, possible pregnancy.
Prompt Words: Celebrity, work rewarded.
Sound: “ng” as in “long”
Stands for: Fertility
Color: Brown (Black)
Casting meaning: This rune allows us to spread our energy out far and wide. It is a protective rune mainly for the protection of our homes. To use Inguz effectively we must learn to build up our powers over time and then release the power all at once.
The most positive stone of all, the Harvest Rune indicates the spirit of protection and good fortune.
This is a time when doorways open and obstacles are lifted. Expect an increase in all areas of your life.
Look for an opening which sets you on the right path, as well as all manner of fortunate events.
Now is the time when many of your cherished dreams will finally be realized.
The Harvest Rune promises gains and fulfillment
Look for guidance from the wise and learned
D is for Duir, the Celtic tree of Oak. Like the mighty tree it represents, Duir is associated with strength, resilience and self-confidence. The Oak is strong and powerful, often dominating over its shorter neighbors. The Oak King rules over the summer months, and this tree was sacred to the Druids. Some scholars say the word Duir translates to “door,” the root word of “Druid”. The Oak is connected with spells for protection and strength, fertility, money and success, and good fortune.
In many pre-Christian societies, the Oak was often associated with the leaders of the gods–Zeus, Thor, Jupiter, and so forth. The strength and masculinity of the Oak was honored through the worship of these gods.
During the Tudor and Elizabethan eras, Oak was valued for its strength and durability, and was commonly used in construction of homes. The bark became valuable in the tanning industry, and many areas of Scotland were deforested in the rush to harvest Oak.
It is very creative, sometimes a genius. It is also self-conscious, inhibited, and aloof. In spite of the 3 as its first digit, it has difficulty expressing thoughts and feelings; makes up for it with visual art or math (statistics, engineering).
Higher powers are listening to your wishes, prayers and affirmations. They are close to you and want to help. Keep your faith, manifestation of your thoughts will come when the time is right.
Fox symbolism and meaning include cleverness, independence, playfulness and mischievousness, beauty, protection, and good luck. Foxes inhabit every continent on Earth except Antarctica, so they appear in the mythologies and folklore of many cultures. In addition, the fox spirit animal is a special guides for those who feel a kinship with these beautiful creatures. In this post, you’ll learn about fox symbols and meanings, the fox spirit animal, fox mythology, and more.
Finally, it’s Sunday, the official day of rest. Not only do Christians acknowledge this day but I’m sure many pagans appreciate this day, as well. Everyone needs rest and a lot of people need a good day to worship their creator (whomever or whatever that may be), however they deem fit to do so. With the Sun being the central theme of many ancient rituals, Sunday just seems to fit, in name and theory.
What you will need:
1 bell (optional)
Find a quiet, private area, without distraction. Sit down in a comfortable position. Take a few, slow, deep breaths. Allow your body to become very relaxed. When you have done this, if you brought a bell, ring it seven times. Allow the last ring to resonate throughout your body. If you have something you want to say, to God or The Goddess, now would be a good time to do this. When you are finished, say this prayer or chant:
“I know there is a higher
being than me.
I am not alone.
You are with me,
Day and night.
You’ve rode the lows
And watched the heights.
If angels are real,
I’m sure to have a guardian.
I am so thankful
And so grateful for your hand.
You’ve blessed me.
You’ve fed me
You’ve quenched my thirst
And even dressed me.
And Blessed Be.”
When you are finished, ring the bell seven more times, to end the ceremony
–The Modern Day Spellbook: A Collection of Spells for the Modern Day Witch
Kitchen witch spells are a popular way of doing witchcraft, utilizing cooking and food as part of your rituals. It’s an older form of magick that goes back to the days when many women knew about magickal ideas and used them to made everyday spells, cures and remedies right in the kitchen.
A nice cup of herbal tea can help bring a little added financial boost to your life, with this old kitchen witch spell recipe. You might need a little honey to sweeten it up, but that’s up to you (it won’t effect the spell). These herbs are easy enough to find in most kitchens:
Boil a cup of water, and add all 4 herbal ingredients. Give it a stir, and let it steep for at least 10 minutes. While it steeps, visualize the need you have for extra money and how your life would be better if you has more abundance. You can repeat a chant for money while it steeps if you want as well, like this one from the magic chants page.
One coin here, one coin there
Prosperity is everywhere
I need some wealth,
I just need my share
Strain out the ginger bits and herbs, add honey if you want, and drink the entire cup before it gets cold.
Another bit of herbal magick to help bless your kitchen. Witch spells with herbs are a common feature in kitchen witchery, and they do have great power.
Tie the bay leaf and strip of orange to the base of the rosemary, and wrap around enough times to keep it all secure. Now hang this up somewhere in your kitchen to help purify the space and bring positive energy into your home.
Planet – Mercury
Spells/Magic – communication, creativity, astrology, healing, wisdom, legal, divination, study.
Magical aspects: the conscious mind, study, travel, divination, and wisdom. This is the best day to engage in anything dealing with communication.
Oils – Bayberry, Clover,Lavender,Lemongrass,sandalwood
trees and plants- aspen tree, bergamot , clover, dill, fennel , fern , parsley , mint, marjoram , lavender , lily of the valley , mace, horehound,sage
Stones – Agate, blue lace agate, fire opal, tormaline
Colours – purple, magenta, silver
Metal – Tin/Lead
Energy Type – Male
Dieties – Dedicated to the Teutonic god Woden or Odin, an aspect of the “All-Father” god of knowledge wisdom enlightenment and combat, the parallel of Hermes.
Wednesday is the best time to deal with such matters as: Wisdom, Healing, Communication, Intelligence, Memory, Education, Correspondence, Phone Calls, Computers, Messages, Students, Merchants, Editing, Writing, Advertising, Signing Contracts, Siblings, Neighbours, Kin, Accounting, Clarks, Critics, Music, Editors, Journalists, Visual Arts, Hiring Employees, Learning Languages, Placing Ads, Visiting Friends, Legal Appointments and Astrology.
When dealing with a weekly spell guide, Mondays are thought to be the logical day for money, love, time and meditation spells. Since Mondays are thought to be the start of the work week, it gives plenty of time for a Monday spell to gain strength throughout the rest of the week.
Hold both of your hands in front of you. Stare at your hands, noticing your palms and fingers, for about thirty seconds. Then, say this chant one time:
From watching clocks.
For every ten docked.
Seconds in a minute
1440 in a day.
Stop a few,
For singing birds
And trees that sway.”
This should feel like time has slowed-down and allowed you to appreciate life more.
A Witch’s Week of Spells and Activities
Helga C. Loueen
1. Making Your Book of Shadows/Grimoire – This is that magickal tool that is highly recommended to have.
1A. What type of things should or could be written or included in your Book of Shadows/Grimoire?
Make sure you write down the date you receive the reply for this lesson as that is the date your 1 year and 1 day of study as a novice is done. All lessons must be completed by this date unless given an extension by Lady Beltane. To request an extension, you will need to submit a 300-word explanation on why you need it. Than email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Definition of Common Words and Phrases used in Witchcraft
3. Explain what defines each Moon phase
4. What are some of the magickal correspond for each day of the week?
5. Explain where objects representing the elements go when setting up a pentagram.
5A. Research 6 Gods and 6 Goddesses than explain why you pick those particular Gods and Goddesses to research.
7A) Explain why should choose which magickal tools you feel you will need and/or want to practice witchcraft.
8. How would you set up a Basic Altar?
9. What are the basics of meditation?
10A. Why is it important when performing any type of magick to do so in a sacred circle?
10B. After doing your first sacred circle explain in detail how it felt being in the circle, what you felt went right if you felt anything went wrong, etcetera
11A. Write a Self-Protection spell. Submit it for review before casting it
12A. Submit for review before attempting to do your ritual and spell.
12B. After doing the ritual explains in detail how it felt doing it, if you think anything went wrong, etcetera
13A. How often can an Esbat gathering occur?
14A. Submit the Esbat ritual before performing it.
14B. Please explain in detail how do you felt your ritual went
14C. Write an Esbat ritual for a Full Moon
14D. Submit the Esbat ritual before performing it.
14E. Please explain in detail how do you felt your ritual went
14 F. Explain in detail what a Sabbat is
14 E. What the date or dates each are normally observed on for the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
14 G How they are Placed of the Wheel of The Year explains what each Sabbat is observed for.
14 H. Explain the difference in how the Sabbats are celebrated in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres
All lessons must be in the body of an email, except lesson one. Your lesson will be reviewed, and you will receive a reply within three days from the date when you lesson is due.
If you have any questions about any lessons or anything having to do with witchcraft, please email me at email@example.com
If you want to attend WOTC’s School of Witchcraft, please email Lady Beltane at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
Spirit Communications, Meditation, Psychic Attack or Defense, Locating Lost Things and Missing Persons, Building, Life, Doctrine, Protection, Knowledge, Authority, Limitations, Boundries, Time and Death
Black Poppy Seed
Saturday is the sixth day of the work week. It’s officially the weekend. Some see it as one of the luckiest days for gambling. It’s one of those days where you can do what you need around your home and relax, as well. You can take care of a little business then, reap the rewards. It’s a really good day to do collect, courage, reap, gamble and exercise spells