Christmas may get buried under the catalogues of holiday cheer, present buying, and a lot of food prep stress, but the 2 thousand-year-old holiday commemorating the birth of Jesus has one of the most complex and interesting timelines of any holiday in the history of the world.
The annual festival celebrated on Dec. 24, Dec. 25, January 7, and Jan 19 depending on denomination, is both a cultural and deeply religious occasion celebrated by billions of people around the world. From the inclusion of the Christmas tree to the annual gift-giving, the feast day that spans through modern history has many traditions, myths, and stories that resonate around the globe.
As a main celebration in the Christian liturgical calendar, it follows the season of Advent and ushers in Christmastide, or The Twelve Days of Christmas. It was first decided to the specific date in the Western calendar by Dionysius Exiguus, a Scythian monk who was an abbot in Rome. With Exiguus’ research and biblical texts, Jesus’s birth was decided to have occurred on December 25, 1 C.E. There have been many disputes over the actual date of Jesus’s birth since, but Exiguus’ date has stuck despite them.
Prior to Christian celebrations, Roman pagans celebrated the holiday of Saturnalia, a week of raucous celebrations from December 17-25, where Roman courts were closed and the law dictated that citizens could not be punished for damaging property or injuring people during the feasting. The Romans believed these celebrations, which chose a community victim and forced them to indulge in food and festivities, destroyed the forces of evil when they murdered this victim at the conclusion of the week, on December 25.
In the 4th century, Christian leaders were successful at converting many pagans to Christianity by allowing them to also continue the celebration of Saturnalia, and this was its first connection to Jesus’s birth. Because the festival of Saturnalia had no connection with Christian teachings, leaders tacked on the holiday of Jesus’s birth onto the last day of the festival. For many years, contemporaries of the time continued to allow the celebration.
I suggest you always cast a spell yourself as you know the intention you have behind wanting it cast. Having someone else cast a spell for you can lead to the intention of the spell being left to their interruption of what you say you want. Through the years I have found the intention is about 90% of how the spell will manifest. Keep your intention upmost in your mind when writing and casting your spells. If using a spell someone has written edit or tweak it, so it becomes your spell with theirs as a baseline for you to build on. – Lady Beltane
BE CAREFUL! We do not recommend casting spells yourself without serious training. But if you are interested in learning about witchcraft basics, then read on!
All witchcraft practices have one thing in common. They require creating a sacred space where you can focus your intention. Wiccans cast a circle using the elements. Other forms of pagan spellcasting or witchcraft spells use the pentagram. Other spells don’t require either, but a gathering of the energies and focusing of your intentions is always necessary for spells to work. Otherwise, there will simply be no effect!
- Step 1: Define your intention: Refining which effect you intend to create in the physical world is crucial! Make it clear and concise, and be sure to think through the possible consequences and whether you are prepared to take responsibility for them.
- Step 2: Always follow spellcasting best practices:
- Get permission from anyone you plan to cast a spell on
- Clearly state your intention for optimal success
- Cast a series of spells if your goal is complicated
- Step 3: Find the right timing for your spell: Remember that privacy is important. Distractions such as other people or pets coming into your space while you are spell casting is a no-no because it will break your energy flow. If you are using the power of the lunar phases, consider casting banishing spells on the new moon. Cast love or abundance spells on the full moon to get them an extra boost, or follow the days of the week that best correspond to the energies:
- Sunday – for personal achievements
- Monday – for fertility, pregnancy and feminine moon (moonday) magic
- Tuesday – for strength and courage
- Wednesday – for Mercury, the planet of communication
- Thursday – cast spells for prosperity and abundance. Also for healing
- Friday – love magick
- Saturday – cleansing and banishing
- Step 4: Collect your materials and supplies: Each spell will outline the needed materials and supplies. From candles to crystals or representations of the elements, spells will clearly state what is needed. Be sure to gather them all carefully before you begin your spell! The last thing you want is to be sitting in your circle and realize you are missing something important!
- Step 5: Raise, direct and release the energy: Once you have set your intention, remember to magnify it by raising the cone of power! You can do this by drumming, dancing, chanting, visualization or even orgasm, as in sex magic. Then, once you have built the energy to a climax, send it to the universe to manifest. Afterward, remember to ground yourself back down. Then you can just await the results!
Tips on casting free magic spells
Stay away from darker magic if you are a beginner. Even white magic spells can have negative consequences if you accidentally cast them wrong, but black magic can be very dangerous. If you’ve already reached out to a professional spellcaster and you are ready to try some white magic basics, then keep these tips in mind:
- Stick to white magic spells if you are a novice
- Remember not to affect anyone else’s free will with your spellcasting or you may have negativity come your way
- Collect all of your materials before you start and make sure you have privacy
- Keep your intention as precise as you can – confused spells can have unintended consequences.
- It is a good idea to memorize your spell so you know exactly what to do before you start
Can a free spell backfire?…
The color of magic…
Voodoo and folk magic…
The Law of Threefold Return
As you can see it is very important to know what you are getting into before you go dabbling around with witchcraft and magic spells! But for the sake of learning, I will share a few free spells with you, so that you can begin to understand how spellcasting works. But be sure to get the advice of a professional before trying these out!
How will I know when my free spell has been cast?
Spells take effect immediately, so you should notice the effects of your spellcasting right away. But remember, if your spell was very complicated, it might take some time to manifest fully. Sometimes spells require several steps and take effect gradually over time. Especially if your spell is controlling the actions of others by sending them away, for example. It will probably take some time for them to pack up their belongings and move away.
Frequently Asked Questions…
Pros of Free Spells
- Many great resources for free spells
- First three minutes free with a professional on Kasamba
- You can even write your own spells!
Cons of Free Spells
- Spellcasting can be risky business
- Unanticipated consequences can come back threefold!
- May not work at all
Ready to cast your Free spell? Click below and get what you have been wishing for!…
In this post I’m going to reveal my full moon ritual for manifestation that’s designed to release negative energy and cleanse your soul.
Over the years I have experimented with many different rituals and am excited to share what I’ve learned with you.
A few benefits of performing a full moon ceremony include:
- Release negativity
- Increase energy
- Spiritual cleansing
- Set intentions that materialize
- Manifest abundance, love, or money
- Make your wishes come true
Ready to learn more?
Let’s get started!
What is a Full Moon Ritual?
A full moon ritual is a spiritual ceremony performed on the night of a full moon to release negativity and practice gratitude. The ritual does not need to be completed at the exact moment of a full moon, but should be performed within 48 hours before or after for best results.
When the Moon is completely illuminated by the Sun this is called a full moon. This happens about once per
Today and tonight the Moon will be in a Full Moon phase. During a Full Moon the moon is 100% illuminated as seen from Earth and is on the opposite side of the Earth from the Sun. The Moon will be visible throughout the night sky rising at sunset in the east and setting with the sunrise the next morning. The point at which a Full Moon occurs can be measured down to a fraction of a second. The time it takes between full moons is known as a Synodic month and is 29.530587981 days long. Keep track of all the Full Moons throughout the year on the Full Moon Calendar >
Visit the December 2021 Moon Phases Calendar to see all the daily moon phase for this month.
Today’s Full Moon Phase
The Full Moon on December 19 has an illumination of 100%. This is the percentage of the Moon illuminated by the Sun. The illumination is constantly changing and can vary up to 10% a day. On December 19 the Moon is 15.04 days old. This refers to how many days it has been since the last New Moon. It takes 29.53 days for the Moon to orbit the Earth and go through the lunar cycle of all 8 Moon phases.
The 8 Lunar Phases
There are 8 lunar phases the Moon goes through in its 29.53 days lunar cycle. The 4 major Moon phases are Full Moon, New Moon, First Quarter and Last Quarter. Between these major phases, there are 4 minor ones: the Waxing Crescent, Waxing Gibbous, Waning Gibbous and Waning Crescent. For more info on the Moon Cycle and on each phase check out Wikipedia Lunar Phase page.
Phase Details For – December 19
Moon Age: 15.04 days
Moon Angle: 0.49
Moon Distance: 404,809.44 km
Sun Angle: 0.54
Sun Distance: 147,177,418.30 km
Useful Moon Resources
19 December 2021
06:00 am GMT 5:00 PM AEDT
Zodiac: Tropical (Standard Western)
Moon:28 Gemini 11
Mercury:08 Capricorn 40
Venus:26 Capricorn 29
Mars:04 Sagittarius 05
Jupiter:28 Aquarius 12
Saturn:10 Aquarius 35
Uranus:11 Taurus 12 Rx
Neptune:20 Pisces 30
Pluto:25 Capricorn 32
True Lunar Node:01 Gemini 39 Rx
Mean Lunar Node:00 Gemini 12 Rx
Lilith (Black Moon):17 Gemini 03
Chiron:08 Aries 26 Rx
Ceres:00 Gemini 22 Rx
Pallas:13 Pisces 34
Juno:12 Capricorn 29
Vesta:17 Sagittarius 39
Eris:23 Aries 44 Rx
19 December 2021
08:00 pm GMT 5:00 PM BRT
Zodiac: Tropical (Standard Western)
Moon:05 Cancer 06
Mercury:09 Capricorn 35
Venus:26 Capricorn 29 Rx
Mars:04 Sagittarius 30
Jupiter:28 Aquarius 18
Saturn:10 Aquarius 39
Uranus:11 Taurus 12 Rx
Neptune:20 Pisces 30
Pluto:25 Capricorn 33
True Lunar Node:01 Gemini 37 Rx
Mean Lunar Node:00 Gemini 10 Rx
Lilith (Black Moon):17 Gemini 07
Chiron:08 Aries 26
Ceres:00 Gemini 16 Rx
Pallas:13 Pisces 41
Juno:12 Capricorn 42
Vesta:17 Sagittarius 58
Eris:23 Aries 44 Rx
The items in this spell are intended to represent health and vitality, NOT act as actual medical cures for anything. For this easy blessings, you just need:
• A glass of apple juice
• A cinnamon stick
• A white candle
As with most spells, natural ingredients are best so try to find some organic apple juice if you can.
Pour the juice into a glass, and stir 4 times with the cinnamon stick. Light the candle and drink a few sips of juice. Repeat the following:
Goddess bless body and soul
Health and wellness is my goal
Finish the rest of the juice and snuff out the candle. Do this spell whenever you feel an illness coming on or even each morning just to stay in tip-top shape
To print out the ritual copy and paste into a word document
3 Aloe leaf
12 Lime Fruit
1 bottle of maple syrup
3 Gallons of Distilled Water
4 cups of Sea Salt
2 Gallons of Whole Milk
1 Quart of Goats Milk
2/3’s bottle of Florida Water
4 White Candle’s
For three days prior to this cleanse you are to fast from solid foods.
Your diet should consist of only Distilled Water infused with maple syrup and lime.
For 1 gallon of distilled water you can mix 1/3 cup of maple syrup and ½ cup of freshly squeezed lime juice. In this mixture put ½ cup of strained aloe juice.
Drink one gallon of this mixture per day.
Save one Aloe Vera leaf.
1. Pour 4 cups of your salt onto a large, preferably white, plate.
2. Clean your 4 candles with Florida water
3. Place the 4 white Candles all around the plate and light them.
4. In the salt use the middle finger of your right hand and write the word “Purity”.
5. Leave these candles lit through the 3 day duration.
[phpzon keywords=”Florida Water” num=”3″ country=”US” searchindex=”All” trackingid=”saduluhouse-20″ templatename=”columns” columns=”3″]
On the third day
1. Take a bath to cleanse yourself of any physical dirt.
2. Blend half an Aloe Leaf in a blender and strain the aloe liquid through a strainer or piece of cotton cloth.
3. Take the other half and cut off one side of it’s green skin exposing it’s inner gel.
4. Cut your Lime into Halves.
5. Squeeze the 6 Limes and leave the juice in a container. Save the lime halves.
6. Pour your Goats Milk into a large Bowl and put it near your purity intention plate of salt surrounded in light.
7. Fill a warm bath.
8. Bring your Candles, Aloe Juice, Florida Water, Lime Juice, Lime halves, and plate of Salt with you into the Bathroom.
9. Get into the bath.
10. Dip your Lime Halves into the plate making sure they have salt on them.
11. Use these halves to cleanse yourself from your crown to the sole’s of your feet.
12. While doing this you’re silent.
13. Just imagine harmful energy running and scattering from your body, presence, and home with every stroke.
14. Once through your 12 lime halves place them in the bathtub with you.
15. Now pour the lime juice into the tub along with you.
16. Using your hand, rub the remainder of the salt all over your body. Cleaning yourself thoroughly…every crevice.
[phpzon keywords=”sea salt” num=”3″ country=”US” searchindex=”HealthPersonalCare” trackingid=”saduluhouse-20″ sort=”none” minprice=”$15″ maxprice=”$30″ templatename=”columns” columns=”3″]
17. Now pour the two gallons of milk over your body whilst in the tub after cleansing yourself with the salt.
18. Combine your two thirds of Florida Water with your Goats milk.
19. Pour this over your body from head to toe.
20. Once done with that, take your container of aloe juice and coat your body with it using the half of Aloe as an applicator.
21. Do not rinse this off.
22. Now take a portion of this bath into a large bowl.
23. Step out of the bath
24. Cover your head in a light cloth.
25. Do no dry off but, allow yourself to air dry.
26. Surround the bowl of leftover bath with the 4 candles.
27. When the candles all extinguish, take whatever is left of the bath and throw it outside towards the West.
You’re recharged and spiritual clean!
When dealing with a weekly spell guide, Mondays are thought to be the logical day for money, love, time and meditation spells. Since Mondays are thought to be the start of the work week, it gives plenty of time for a Monday spell to gain strength throughout the rest of the week.
Time Spells – Hand of Time Spell
Items you will need:
Hold both of your hands in front of you. Stare at your hands, noticing your palms and fingers, for about thirty seconds. Then, say this chant one time:
From watching clocks.
For every ten docked.
Seconds in a minute
1440 in a day.
Stop a few,
For singing birds
And trees that sway.”
This should feel like time has slowed-down and allowed you to appreciate life more.
A Witch’s Week of Spells and Activities
Helga C. Loueen