Companies hiring in July
By Debra Auerbach, CareerBuilder Writer
As of May, 5.4 million people were experiencing long-term unemployment*. If you were to ask any one of them to describe the job market, they probably wouldn’t have many positive things to say.
Yet a new CareerBuilder Talent Crunch survey found that 38 percent of employers currently have open positions for which they can’t find qualified candidates. Why the discrepancy? Yes, jobs are available, but many of those jobs are in highly skilled fields, and there aren’t enough workers with the right credentials to fill those roles.
It’s not like job seekers aren’t trying; 77 percent of job seekers surveyed said they’d be willing to take a job in a different field than the one in which they currently work, and 64 percent knowingly apply for positions for which they don’t possess the required skills.
Luckily, many companies are taking measures to close the skills gap. According to the study, half of employers of all sizes are planning to hire workers who don’t have experience in their particular field or industry and train them. Forty-one percent of companies reported that they currently have programs in place to help alleviate the skills gap, including on-the-job training, mentoring, sending employees back to school and other efforts.
“Prolonged vacancies can result in lower-quality work, lower sales and morale and can cause a delay in creating other related positions within the organization,” says Matt Ferguson, CEO of CareerBuilder. “Fortunately, we see more companies taking matters into their own hands and putting programs in place to retrain and transition workers into their industries or fields.”
If you’re a job seeker who is willing to change fields, or even if you’re not, the 15 companies listed below have jobs available today. The companies cover a variety of industries, and the positions vary by level, type and experience. Openings are available across the country, so if you’re one of the 54 percent from the survey who would be willing to relocate to a new city or state for a job, you have a lot of options.
Here are 15 companies hiring in July:
1. Aaron’s Industry: Furniture Sample job titles: Customer service, manager in training Location: Nationwide
2. Aerojet Industry: Aerospace and engineering Sample job titles: Senior project engineering, manager, estimating and pricing, reliability and safety engineer Location: Sacramento; Redmond, Wash.; Huntsville, Ala.; Camden, Ark.; Washington, D.C.; Socorro, N.M.; Clearfield, Utah; Gainesville, Va.; Culpeper, Va.
3. Bloomin’ Brands (operates Outback Steakhouse, Flemings, Bonefish Grill, Carrabba’s and Roy’s) Industry: Hospitality/restaurant Sample job titles: Hourly front of the house, hourly back of the house, restaurant manager Location: Nationwide
4. CapTech Consulting Industry: Information technology Sample job titles: Java developer, IT project manager, business systems analyst, data warehouse architect, business objects architect, ETL database developer Location: Nationwide
5. Cynergies Solutions Group Industry: Information technology staffing Sample job titles: Project manager, business analyst, application developer, database administrator, system administrator/engineer, quality assurance analyst, data warehousing consultant Location: Cleveland; Columbus; Cincinnati; Pittsburgh; Chicago; Minneapolis; Atlanta; Colorado Springs; Dayton, Ohio; Toledo, Ohio; Raleigh, N.C.; Louisville, Ky.
6. Devereux Foundation Industry: Behavioral health Sample job titles: Development director, direct support professional, teacher’s assistant, residential counselor Location: Pennsylvania, Florida, New Jersey, Arizona, Colorado
7. Farmers Insurance Industry: Insurance Sample job titles: Insurance sales agent, retail agency program Location: New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, California, Minnesota
8. GTA Professional Staffing Industry: Engineering staffing firm Sample job titles: Design release engineer, engineering manager, Catia V5 designer Location: Detroit metro area
9. MV Transportation Inc. Industry: Passenger transportation contracting Sample job titles: Safety manager, safety trainer, fleet maintenance manager, general manager, mechanic, fleet technician, driver Location: Nationwide
10. One Touch Direct Industry: Professional services/call center Sample job title: Inside sales representative Location: Tampa
11. Onewest Bank Industry: Finance Sample job titles: Manager, analyst, auditor, teller Location: Nationwide
12. Pacific Pulmonary Services Industry: Respiratory services, customer service Sample job titles: Outside sales representative, field customer service representative, driver — medical equipment, respiratory therapist/sales assistant, district sales manager — health care Location: California, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey
13. Riverside research Industry: Government defense Sample job titles: Linux kernel developer, IT specialist, subcontract administrator, materials physicist Location: New York City; Washington, D.C.; Dayton, Ohio; Boston; Champaign, Ill.; Rosslyn, Va.; Augusta, Ga.; Springfield, Va.
14. Suddenlink Industry: Telecommunications Sample job titles: Direct sales, broadband technician, customer service representative, engineer, information technology professional Location: Arkansas, Arizona, California, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia
15. WMS Industry: Gaming Sample job titles: Game developer, artist Location: Chicago
*Unemployed for 27 weeks or more
You must be logged in to post a comment.