This crystal, one of the most valued quartz varieties, is renowned for its delicate pink tone. The impurities of titanium or manganese that give it this hue also prevent the growth of large individual crystals, which means it is usually found in massive form. Most rose quartz these days comes from Brazil but there also sources in India, Madagascar and the USA. In healing work, the stone encourages the heart to open, bringing more trust and love into our lives.
Identification and care
- Large, single rose quartz points have been shaped from larger rough pieces.
- Unpolished rose quartz has sharp edges.
- “Lavender” quartz is rose quartz with a ting of violet.
- Most pieces of rose quartz are translucent with many fractures; gemstones are flawless and transparent
- Star rose quartz containing rutile crystals has asterisms (star effects), which can be seen when light reflects off the polished surface.
- Fosters an appreciation of beauty
- Inspires feeling of love and friendship
- Rapidly releases emotional stress – the effect is so intense that it can be uncomfortable (to avoid this, balance with grounding stones)
- Uncovers the underlying causes of other problems, such as a negative self-image
- To release emotional stress, place tiger’s eye at the sacral chakra grounding stones by the feet and rose quartz at the heart, surrounded by four clear quartz (points out).
- For self-worth and nurturing, place 12 rose quartz evenly around the body. The effect of the experience is amplified if you lie on a pink or magenta cloth.
One thought on “Crystal, Gems, and Stones Meanings and Magickal Usage – Rose Quartz c. 2011”
I’m so happy I came across this post! Yesterday I was feeling an influx of emotional stress, it was quite overwhelming. I wasn’t sure how to handle it. Next time I’ll be sure to reach for my rose quartz – fortunately I also carry around a Tiger’s Eye daily too. I wonder if the emotional turbulence had something to do with the new moon. Perhaps it is a sign to make way for the new – Ostara has always been a time of renewal.
Comments are closed.