Just Be Happy
“As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.”
Just be happy. Sounds too simplistic, doesn’t it? But, in actuality, we can have much more happiness if we choose to consider things from a positive perspective.
Everyone experiences the ups and downs of life, however, we can make a decision to dwell on the negative or practice what the old saying says to do: “When life give you lemons, make lemonade!”
It really boils down to your attitude and you have the ability to mold your attitude into any shape you like.
Here are some tips:
- Ignore those who tell you that life is too difficult to be happy. What do they know?
- When you awaken each morning, be thankful for another day, even if it’s raining.
- Smile at those you meet, even if they don’t return the favor.
- Don’t borrow trouble. Each day has enough of it’s own.
- Don’t allow trouble to bury you in its gray mire of sorrow.
- Don’t give in to negative thinking.
- Be positive even when others are not.
- Refuse to give up on anything worth having or doing.
- Do something you enjoy each day, even if it’s just a walk in your neighborhood.
- Whistle as you go through the day.
- Work at being happy because it’s worth it.
You’re human, like everyone else, and from time to time you need a little pick-me-up in your decision to be happy. When you reach that stage, find someone else who has decided to be happy. Join forces with him or her and march forward in your decision to be a happy person.
Simply speaking, a happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
Choose today to just be happy – as much as it depends on you!
— Aseem Kaistha — Submitted by Lauren C. — New Jersey
“I’m strong of mind… strong of heart… I’m strong in spirit. There’s strength within my soul, strength in my body. I have passion & ambitions. I am driven… determined & I will not go down without a fight because I have fire burning on the inside. There’s something that whispers within & tells me…don’t give.up! I swear it. I won’t give up!”
Written in 2011 by Brianna G. — Pennsylvania
” Your past cannot be changed, but you can change your tomorrow by your actions today.”
I make a positive wish today and everyday. Miracles are happening in my life.
~from Ankkita Khandelwal