From Reader’s Digest
Move over Snapple facts and make room for these hilarious jokes found on Laffy Taffy wrappers.
One of the sweetest flavors of childhood is undisputedly the chewy, juicy, sugary, and cavity-inducing Laffy Taffy. You may have even argued with classmates over the best flavors—strawberry being superior, obviously. Now produced by the Ferrara Candy Company, these individually wrapped taffy rectangles that come in a variety of flavors have been bringing joy to kids and even adults (no shame here!) since the 1970s. Laffy Taffy was launched under Kathryn Beich Candies in Bloomington, Illinois as Beich’s Caramels, but was later renamed Beich’s Laffy Taffy. The candy was bought by Nestle in 1984 which then sold the brand to the Ferrara Candy Company in 2018, producing the taffy we know and love today. But chewing on this tasty treat wasn’t the only intriguing part of the experience. So if you’re a fan of Snapple facts, you’re going to love these funny puns and more.
Beich really put the “laffy” in Laffy Taffy. Inside each individual wrapper, you’ll find a joke. Since the launch, the jokes have been written and mailed in by children, making for some super silly and hilarious humor. These aren’t your typical knock knock jokes for kids. Laffy Taffy jokes are clever, punny, and may even make you think a little. We have all the candy puns, ice cream puns, and cookie puns that you could dream of, but this roundup of the best Laffy Taffy jokes people found on their wrappers will definitely get you giggling and eager to share with friends.
1. What happened after David had his ID stolen?
We had to call him Dav.
2. How do you mend a broken jack o’ lantern?
With a pumpkin patch.
3. What button can’t unbutton?
Your belly button.
4. Why does Where’s Waldo wear stripes?
He doesn’t want to be spotted.
5. What did the house wear to the party?
6. What did the girl sea say when the boy sea asked her for a date?
7. How do you communicate with a fish?
You drop it a line.
8. What kind of shoes do frogs wear?
9. Where can you find an ocean without water?
On a map.
10. What do you call a happy cowboy?
A jolly rancher.
11. What did the horse say when he fell down?
Help, I’ve fallen and I can’t giddyup!
12. What do you call an avid gardener?
13. What is a good spot for a taste bud?
I forgot… it is on the tip of my tongue.
14. Why do bananas have to put on sunscreen?
They might peel.
15. Why was the broom late?
It over swept.
16. Why don’t lobsters share?
Because they are shellfish.
17. How do you organize a space party?
18. What are sailors’ favorite fruits?
19. What do you call the King’s rabbit?
The hare to the throne.
20. Why do fish always sing off-key?
Because you can’t tuna fish.
21. Why do marsupials make such good tea?
It’s koala tea.
22. How does a tree go home when it is ready?
23. What do you call a fancy sea creature?
24. What did one eye say to the other?
Between us, something smells.
25. Why don’t birds follow directions?
They like to wing it.
26. When do you stop at green and go at red?
When you’re eating a watermelon!
27. What do frogs order at a restaurant?
28. How does the moon cut his hair?
29. What do you call a sad strawberry?
30. When can peanuts laugh?
When you crack them up!
31. Why is a pancake like the sun?
Because it rises in the yeast.
32. What building has the most stories?
33. Can February march?
No, but April May.
You must be logged in to post a comment.