How to Astral Project
By Ezmeralda Lee
Astral projection is the ability to essentially, have the soul leave the body while still retaining life. It is a basic temporary way to leave the body and still experience things. There are several ways to do this, one way is through lucid dreaming, another is through meditation and relaxing, and there are other ways to get there through altered states of consciousness. Not everyone can or should astral project. It is really not known, however, who is capable of doing it before they try it.
Things You’ll Need
A quiet, peaceful room
Extreme concentration skills
A method to follow
Lots of practice
A meditative phrase
Guidance from someone skilled in projection
1. One of the most common forms of astral projection is through lucid dreaming. You may have done this before and not even been aware of it. This state is basically the state of mind that you get while dreaming, but you are fully aware of what is going on around you.
2. For projection to work properly, the body must be fully relaxed. One of the best ways to do this is through meditation. This requires eliminating all outside influences, and complete focus on your chosen phrase that you repeat over and over. This prepares you for projection because essentially your spirit gets bored and wants to move around and do something else.
3. Once you have practice with meditation, you are ready to move on to the next state. This state of mind is basically the body being asleep, while the mind is still awake. This occurs through the repeated meditative phrase, continually repeated over and over, and by physically relaxing each part of the body one at a time. Eventually you will reach the altered conscious state.
4. Once you have reached the altered conscious state you are ready to project. This can happen differently for each person, so it can be hard to describe. Some people “look for the light” while others keep focus on their meditative phrase. Whatever the way it happens for you, the important thing is to not think about it too much. This will cause a break in the projecting, sending you back to your body.
5. Going back to your body can be a painful experience if it happens too suddenly, so it is important to focus on going back slowly. Again, this is something that is different for everyone, so over time you will find the way that is best for you.
Tips & Warnings
• It is best to arrange for some kind of walkthrough from someone who is familiar with projection before attempting. There are a lot of places a guide can be found, from different groups around the world to the Internet.
• The only way to be able to achieve projection is to practice, practice, and practice!
• Astral projection has the potential to be very dangerous. Do not attempt without proper research and the guidance of someone who has already done it before.
• Coming out of the projected state can be painful, so be sure to try and recover slowly, otherwise your heart and other organs might not be able to take it.