Astrology of Today – January 17, 2016
Mars is near the midpoint of a Venus-Jupiter square. This is a very sociable, fertile, relationship-oriented time, but can also be a time of some indulgence and excess. Entertaining can be in focus. Competitive feelings experienced now can be stimulating and invigorating. Feelings of elation in love or with regards to the pleasures of life can lead us to overdo, overindulge, overspend, and overstate our feelings. Mars is moving into a trine with Neptune, however, which can soften the rough edges. Creative energy is strong now.
- The Moon is in Aries all day until 12:48 AM.
- The Moon is void until 12:48 AM (since 6:26 PM yesterday).
- The Moon is in Taurus from 12:48 AM forward.
- The Moon is waxing and in its First Quarter phase.
- A First Quarter Moon occurred yesterday, and a Full Moon will occur on the 23rd.
- Mercury is retrograde (Mercury is retrograde from January 5-25).