Jack-O-Lantern Warding Spell
If you feel you are being plagued by some malevolent spirit or energy, try this during the Samhain season to protect your home and send it away.
You Will Need:
- Pumpkin carving tools
- Black votive candles
- Clove oil
- Black pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Hollow and carve your pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern the normal way. This is no time for cutesy pictures or artsy expressions. Just carve your basic scary face into it.
- In meditation, talk to your jack-o-lantern. Give him a name. Tell him his purpose—to ward off evil, fend off baneful magic, or banish unwanted spirits.
- Anoint your votive candle with clove oil, building energy as you rub it in. Empower it with your desire by simply visualizing your desire going down your arms, through your hands, into the candle. You might chant as you do this. This is the energy-raising part of the spell, so really focus on your goal and let it build.
- Place the candle inside your jack-o-lantern. Drop some garlic cloves and a few pinches of black pepper around it for good measure.
- Put your jack-o-lantern outside your door. Light the candle to release the energy. Let it burn out.
- For maximum effect, do this three nights in a row (putting in a newly anointed candle each night).
About The Author
Published on Exemplore