The Law Of Accountability
"Witchcraft for the 21st Century"
The Law Of Accountability
There are 23 Universal Laws that balance out the chaos of the Divine. These are Superior laws of the Divine Universe created at the time of Creation. (You might take note of the significance of the number of laws. 23 and how that can be seen in other aspects of creation; or incarnation).
1. The Law of Absorption:
All matter in the universes, regardless of it’s manifested vibration, absorbs emanations from all other matter and the matter is influenced by this absorption. In other words, all things are connected, relate and affect one another.
2. The Law of Accountability:
(Also known as the Law of Return). You are accountable for what you create at the moment of creation. This accountability occurs on the physical, mental and spiritual levels and cannot be avoided.
3. The Law of Activity:
Action results from attention of thought and the nature of the action corresponds to the nature of the attention. In other words, the seeds you sow will grow the fruit you plant. What you sow, so shall ye reap.
4. The Law of Apperception:
Conscious of being flows within all units of the Universe. Throughout all eternity, everything has a consciousness and knows it’s own conscious being. Thought knows it is thought, energy knows it is energy, every single unit, from the Great Cosmos to the tiniest Atom, knows what the function of it’s unit is.
5. The Law of Association:
If two or more things have something in common, the ‘thing in common’ can be used to influence or control the other thing. The degree of control depends upon the size of the ‘thing in common’. The more in common the things have, the more control can be used to influence the things.
6. The Law of Attitude:
“Attitude” is the only weapon that can harm an individual. Nothing, absolutely nothing can harm a human being, but his or her own attitude. Each experience is put in its proper perspective and hopefully resolved in a favorable manner. How you react toward those experiences, your attitude about them, determines how the experience affects you.
7. The Law of Avoidance:Refusing to handle a highly emotional or unpleasant situation, to deny living up to one’s full potential or neglecting to do something that should be done, will affect an individuals physical body and mental mind. As well as lifestyle affairs through each incarnation, until that person correctly balances with the situation.
8. The Law of Balance:This is the Key To Life. Balance is the nature to maintaining order within the divine universe. Each entity makes choices to exist, when those choices are made in conjunction with the flow of the energy, entities and events balance is maintained.
9. The Law Of Manifestation(Also known as the Law of Beamed Energy):Thought is energy, focused on one central idea with one’s undivided attention can be created in the mind and then physically transferred from any point of the physical body (eyes, mind, hands, etc.) to any object, subject or ethereal realm for manifestation. The energy can be directed and controlled, with certain behavioral characteristics to accomplish a given result. Mostly commonly used method in healing.
10. The Law of Catastrophe:Also referred to in the human experience as the stage of drama/trauma. An absolute necessity for the evolutionary process, motivated by many laws of totality, when the seed cracks and growth is permitted to begin. This occurs in the human experience, and in nature.
11. The Law of Cause and Effect:For every happening in the Universe, there is an equal and opposite reaction. (This is not to be confused with the Law of Accountability – also known as the Law of Return).
12. The Law of Center:A basic principle in nature, that everything has a center from which it obtains it’s source energy, intelligence and pattern which is continually self-renewing. Each center is connected to every other center and to the one center from which all life is vitalized.
13. The Law of Communication:Every unit, from the single atom to the galaxy system is “plugged into” a giant switchboard. Each unit as the ability to communicate with all other units through it’s own vibrational frequency. This communication system makes it possible for all beings to have psychic possibilities, and to communicate or share information with each other on a psychic level.
14. The Law of Change:The readiness of a situation to alter, modify, transform or convert is caused by a continual change of inner attitude. As one continues to experience situations in life, their attitude adjusts to process the experience and change occurs.
15. The Law of Consciousness:Totality is all Consciousness, All there is – is. This is the ‘conscious of being’ or ‘awareness of it’s existence’. In other words, what we know at a given moment is reality for us as a conscious individual. What one perceives in consciousness from moment to moment is our individual reality and therefore real for us.
16. The Law of Contact (also known as the Law of Contagion):Things, animate or inanimate, once in contact with each other will continue to act upon each other even at a distance, long after the physical contact has been made.
17. The Law of Continuity:Nothing in the Universe ever dies, is lost or destroyed, it just changes form. Everything becomes a part of forever. Matter and Energy are never destroyed only transformed or changed.
18. The Law of Correspondence:Each component within a system or thing retains its own characteristics and takes on the characteristics of the system or thing as a total sum of its parts. Each component then has two functions; to retrain its own characteristics and to function as the whole system or thing.
19. The Law of Cosmic Web:Every point in space regardless of vibrational frequency connects with every other point in space and interconnects with every point of time; past, present and future.
20. The Law of Cycles:A period of time divided into equal lengths and each length of time produces a certain definite effect upon the progressional path of each living organism, object or event. This effect repeats itself in the same order, and at the same intervals, making a circle of time for each system.
21. The Law of Duplication:If one person can do it, it can be done by others; perhaps to a lesser or higher degree, or equally, to equalize with the activity.
22. The Law of Dying:When a unit or entity has completed one stage or area of growth, it will gather all the knowledge from this area of growth and all the knowledge from the Group Soul of it’s element and withdraw this knowledge into itself, ready to expand into enlightenment.
23. The Law of Elements:Each unit has it’s own frequency, each element in that unit has its frequency of emanations connecting it to and compatible with the parent unit. When these elements are separated from the parent unit, they will still have the same emanations connecting them to the parent unit.
I am a Pagan and I dedicate myself to channelling the Spiritual energy of my inner self to help and to heal others and myself.
I know that I am part of the Whole of nature. May I grow in understanding of the Unity of all Nature. May I always walk in balance.
May I always be mindful of the diversity of Nature as well as its Unity. May I always be tolerant of those whose race; appearance, culture and ways differ from my own.
May I use my psychic powers wisely and never use it for aggression or for malevolent purposes.
May I never use it to curtail the free will of others.
May I always remember that I create my own reality and that I have the power within me to create positivity in my life.
May I always take responsibility for my actions be they conscious or unconscious.
May I always act in honourable ways, being honest with myself and others, keeping my word whenever I have given it, fulfilling all responsibilities and commitments I have undertaken to the best of my abilities.
May I always remember that whatever is sent out returns magnified to the sender. The forces of Karma will move swiftly to remind me of my spiritual commitments when I have begun to falter from them. May I use this Karmic feedback to remain strong and committed to my Spiritual ideals in the face of adversity or negativity. May the force of my inner Spirit eliminate all malevolence directed my way and transform it into positive light. May my inner light shine so strongly that malevolence can not even enter my realm of existence.
May I continually grow in wisdom and understanding. May I see every problem that I face, as an opportunity to learn and grow and to develop spiritually.
May I act out of love for other beings on this planet — to other human, plants, animals, mineral, elementals, spirits or other entities.
May I ever be mindful that the Goddess and God in all their forms dwell within me and that this divinity is reflected through my own Inner Self, my Pagan Spirit.
May I always channel love and light through my being. May my inner Spirit, rather than my Ego self, guide all my thoughts, feelings and actions.
Copyright © 1960
Selena Fox Circle Sanctuary
P.O. Box 219
Mt. Horeb, WI. 53572 USA.
By Doreen Valiente
Hear now the words of the witches,
The secrets we hid in the night,
When dark was our destiny’s pathway,
That now we bring forth into light.
Mysterious water and fire,
The earth and the wide-ranging air,
By hidden quintessence we know them,
And will and keep silent and dare.
The birth and rebirth of all nature,
The passing of winter and spring,
We share with the life universal,
Rejoice in the magical ring.
Four times in the year the Great Sabbat
Returns, and witches are seen
At Lammas, and Candlemas dancing,
On May Eve and old Hallowe’en.
When day-time and night-time are equal,
When the sun is at greatest and least,
The four Lesser Sabbats are summoned,
Again witches gather in feast.
Thirteen silver moons in a year are,
Thirteen is the coven’s array.
Thirteen times as Esbat make merry,
For each golden year and a day.
The power was passed down the ages,
Each time between woman and man,
Each century unto the other,
Ere time and the ages began.
When drawn is the magical circle,
By sword or athame or power,
Its compass between the two worlds lie,
In Land of the Shades for that hour.
This world has no right then to know it,
And world beyond will tell naught,
The oldest of Gods are invoked there,
The Great Work of magic is wrought.
For two are the mystical pillars,
That stand to at the gate of the shrine,
And two are the powers of nature,
The forms and the forces divine.
The dark and the light in succession,
The opposites each unto each,
Shown forth as a God and a Goddess,
Of this did our ancestors teach.
By night he’s the wild wind’s rider,
The Horn’d One, the Lord of the shades,
By day he’s the King of the Woodlands,
The dweller in green forest glades.
She is youthful or old as she pleases,
She sails the torn clouds in her barque,
The bright silver lady of midnight,
The crone who weaves spells in the dark.
The master and mistress of magic,
They dwell in the deeps of the mind,
Immortal and ever-renewing,
With power to free or to bind.
So drink the good wine to the Old Gods,
And dance and make love in their praise,
Til Elphame’s fair land shall receive us,
In peace at the end of our days.
An Do What You Will be the challenge,
So be it in Love that harms none,
For this is the only commandment,
By Magick of old, be it done.
Eight words the Witches’ Creed fulfill:
If it harms none, do what you will.
John Belham-Payne and the Centre for Pagan Stiudies.
http://www.centre-for-pagan-studies.org/index.htm and http://www.doreenvaliente.com/
Originally published on Controverscial.Com
The Three-Fold Law is the belief and principle on which magick is used. This law relates to the use of power and energy, for when used, power is returned to the sender, three times the level it was sent out.
Used in relation with the ethos, “Do what thy wilt, though it harm none” (as stated in the Wiccan Rede), witches take great care when preparing and casting spells that no harm should come to others because of it.
The nature of this three-fold return can perhaps be better understood when considering the cause and effect principle of a spell. Let’s take an example – someone comes to you in distress with a problem, you help by sending out positive energy and the problem is successfully resolved. This automatically makes you feel good about yourself and influences your thoughts; thus your state of consciousness is altered. In turn your thoughts stir the emotions, which has a physical effect in the body by causing glandular secretions to enter into the blood stream. The resulting state of mind and body lifts your spirit, which is what makes you feel good. Thus with the act of a single good deed, you have been effected three times, in mind, body, and spirit. This then is your three-fold response to the return of positive energy. Now consider your response had you sent out negative energy or something went drastically wrong?
1. The Power shall not be used to bring harm, to injure or to control others. But if the need arises, the Power shall be used to protect your life or the lives of others.
2. The Power is used only as need dictates.
3. The Power can be used for your own gain; as long as by doing so you harm none.
4. It is unwise to accept money for the use of the Power, for it quickly controls its taker. Be not as those of other religions.
5. Use not the Power for prideful gain, for such cheapens the mysteries of Wicca and Magick.
6. Ever remember that the Power is a sacred gift of the Goddess and the God, and should never be misused or abused.
7. And this is the Law of the Power.
The Four Powers of the Magus are the personal attributes traditionally necessary and required for the successful use and practice of magick. These are – To Know, To Dare, To Will, and To Be Silent. Without these four attributes combined, the individual will never be successful in magick.
The reasoning is quite simple; none of the attributes mentioned are enough in themselves, as all four attributes must be present to balance each other out. For instance:
To Know – Knowledge is no good, without the will and audacity to see magick done.
To Dare – Audacity is no good, without the knowledge and will to see magick done.
To Will – Will power is no good, without the knowledge and audacity to see magick done.
To Be Silent – What good are the above, without the discretion to remain silent until the magick is done? To reveal your magick before it is done, dissipates it’s power and effectiveness.
So, anyone aspiring to use magick, he/see needs a knowledge of what he/see is doing, the audacity to use it, the will power to control it, and the discretion to remain silent till the work is done.
Encyclopedia of Wicca & Witchcraft – By Raven Grimassi
An ABC of Witchcraft Past and Present – By Doreen Valiente
Wicca, A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner – By Scott Cunningham
Originally published on the website, Controverscial.Com
I the Mother, darksome and divine, Say to thee, Oh children mine (All ye assembled at mine Shrine), Mine the scourge and mine the kiss The five-point star of love and bliss Here I charge ye in this sign. (Assume Goddess position.)
All ye assembled here tonight Bow before my spirit bright Aphrodite, Arianrhod, Lover of the Horned God, Mighty Queen of Witchery and night
Astarte, Hecate, Ashtaroth, Dione, (Morrigan, Etain, Nisene), Diana, Brigid, Melusine, Am I named of old by men, Artemis and Cerridwen, Hell’s dark mistress, Heaven’s Queen.
(Whene’er trouble comes anoon) All who would learn of me a Rune Or would ask of me a boon, Meet ye in some secret glade Dance my round in greenwood shade, by the light of the full moon.
(In a place wild and lone) With the comrades alone Dance about my altar stone. Work my holy Magistry,Ye who are fain of sorcery, I bring ye secrets yet unknown.
(Whate’er troubles come to thee), No more shall ye know slavery Who give due worship unto me, Who tread my round on Sabbat-night. Come ye all naked to the rite, In token ye be truly free.
I teach the mystery of rebirth, Keep ye my mysteries in mirth Heart joined to heart, and lip to lip, Five are the points of fellowship That bring ye ecstasy on Earth.
I ask no offerings, do but bow, No other law but love I know, By naught but love I may be known, All that liveth is mine own From me they come, to me they go.
[A] The Law was made and Ardane of old. The law was made for the Wicca, to advise and help in their troubles. The Wicca should give due worship to the Gods and obey their will, which they Ardane, for it was made for the good of the Wicca, As the  Wicca’s worship is good for the Gods, For the Gods love the Wicca. As a man loveth a woman, by mastering her, so the Wicca should love the Gods, by being mastered by them. And it is necessary that the Circle, which is the Temple of the Gods, should be truly cast and purified, that it  may be a fit place for the Gods to enter. And the Wicca should be properly prepared and purified, to enter into the presence of the Gods. With love and worship in their hearts they shall raise power from their bodies to give power to the Gods, as has been taught us of old,  For in this way only may man have communion with the Gods, for the Gods cannot help man without the help of men.
[B] And the High Priestess shall rule her Coven as representative of the Goddess, and the High Priest shall support her as the representative of the God, And the High Priestess shall choose whom she  will, if he have sufficient rank, to be her High Priest), For the God himself, kissed her feet in the fivefold salute, laying his power at the feet of the Goddess, because of her youth and beauty, her sweetness and kindness, her wisdom and Justice, her humility and generosity. So he resigned his lordship to her. But the Priestess should  ever mind that all power comes from him. It is only lent when it is used wisely and justly. And the greatest virtue of a High Priestess is that she recognizes that youth is necessary to the representative of the Goddess, so that she will retire gracefully in favour of a younger woman, Should the Coven so decide in Council, For the true  High Priestess realizes that gracefully surrendering pride of place is one of the greatest of virtues, and t hat thereby she will return to that pride of place in another life, with greater power and beauty.
[C] In the days when Witchdom extended far, we were free and worshipped in All their Greatest Temples, but in these unhappy times  we must hold our sacred mysteries in secret. So it be Ardane, that none but the Wicca may see our mysteries, for our enemies are many, And torture looseth the tongues of many. It be Ardane that each Coven shall not know where the next Coven bide, or who its members are, save the Priest and Priestess,  That there shall be no communication between them, save by the Messenger of the Gods, or the Summoner. Only if it be safe, may the Covens meet, in some safe place, for the great festivals. And while there, none shall say whence they come, or give their true names, to the end that, if any are tortured, in their agony, they can  not tell if they know not. So it be Ardane that no one may tell any not of the Craft who be of the Wicca, nor give any names, or where they bide, or in any way tell anything which can betray any to our foes, nor may they tell where the Covenstead be, or where is the Covendom,  or where be the meeting s or that there have been meetings. And if any break these laws, even under torture, The Curse of the Goddess shall be upon them, so they never reborn on earth, And may they remain where they belong, in the Hell of the Christians.
[D] Let each High Priestess govern her Coven with Justice and  love, with the help of the advice of the elders, always heeding the advice of the Messenger of the Gods, if he cometh. She will heed all complaints of brothers, and strive to settle all differences among them, but it must be recognized that there be people who will ever strive to force others to do as they will.  They are not necessarily evil, and they often do have good ideas, and such ideas should be talked over in council. And if they will not agree with their brothers, or if they say, “I will not work under this High Priestess,” it hath always been the old law to be convenient for the brethren, and to void disputes, any of the Third  may claim to found a new Coven because they live over a league from the Covenstead, or are about to do so. Anyone living within the Covendom wishing to form a new Coven, to avoid strife, shall tell the Elders of his intention and on the instant void his dwelling and remove to the new Covendom. Members of the old Coven may join the New one when it be formed, but if they do, must utterly void the old Coven. The Elders of the New and the Old Covens should meet in peace and brotherly love, to decide the new boundaries. Those of the Craft who dwell outside both Covendoms may join either indifferent, but not both, though all may, if the Elders  agree, meet for the Great Festivals, if it be truly in peace and brotherly love. But splitting the coven oft means strife, so for this reason these laws were made of old, And may the curse of the Goddess be on any who disregard them. So be it ardane.
[E] If you would Keep a book let it be in your own hand of write.  Let brothers and sisters copy what they will, but never let the book out of your hands, and never keep the writings of another, for if it be found in their hand of write, they well may be taken and enjoined. Each should guard his own writings and destroy it whenever danger threatens. Learn as much as you may by heart, and when danger is  past, rewrite your book an it be safe. For this reason, if any die, destroy their book if they have not been able to, for an it be found, ’tis clear proof against them, And our oppressors well know, “Ye may not be a witch alone” So all their kin and friends be in danger of torture. So ever destroy anything not necessary.  If your book be found on you. ’tis clear proof against you alone. You may be enjoined. Keep all thoughts of the Craft from your mind. Say you had bad dreams; a devil caused you to write it without your knowledge. Think to yourself, “I know nothing. I remember nothing. I have forgotten everything.” Drive this  into your mind. If the torture be too great to bear, say, “I will confess. I cannot bear this torture. What do you want me to say? Tell me and I will say it.” If they try to make you speak of the brotherhood, Do NOT, but if they try to make you speak of  impossibilities, such as flying through the air, consorting with the Christian Devil, or sacrificing children, or eating men’s flesh, to obtain relief from torture, say, “I had an evil dream. I was not myself. I was crazed.” Not all Magistrates are bad. If there  be an excuse they may show mercy. If you have confessed aught, deny it afterwards; say you babbled under torture, you knew not what you did or said. If you are condemned, fear not. The Brotherhood is powerful. They may help you to escape, if you stand steadfast, but if you betray aught, there is no hope for you, in this  life, or in that which is to come. Be sure, if steadfast you go to the pyre, Dwale will reach you. You will feel naught. You go but to o Death and what lies beyond, the ecstasy of the Goddess.
[F] ‘Tis probable that before you are enjoined, Dwale will reach you.  Always remember that Christians fear much that any die under torture. At the first sign of swoon, they cause it to be stopped, and blame the tormenters. For that reason, the tormenters themselves are apt to feign to torment, but do not, so it is best not to die at first. If Dwale reaches you, ’tis a sign that you have a friend somewhere.  You may be helped to escape, so despair not. If the worst comes, and you go to the pyre, wait till the flames and smoke spring up, bend your head over, and breath in with long breaths. You choke and die swiftly, and wake in the arms of the Goddess.
[G] To void discovery, let the working tools  be as ordinary things that any may have in their houses. Let the Pentacles be of wax, so they may be broken at once. Have no sword unless your rank allows you one. Have no names or signs on anything. Write the names and signs on them in ink before consecrating them and wash it off immediately after. Do not Bigrave them,  lest they cause discovery. Let the colour of the hilts tell which is which.
[H] Ever remember, ye are the Hidden Children of the Gods. So never do anything to disgrace them. Never boast, Never threaten, Never say you would wish ill to anyone. If you or any not in the Circle speak of the Craft,  say, “Speak not to me of such. It frightens me. ‘Tis evil luck to speak of it.” For this reason: the Christians have spies everywhere. These speak as if they were well affected, as if they would come to Meetings, saying, “My mother used to go to worship the Old Ones. I would that I could go myself.” 4 To these ever deny all knowledge.  But to others ever say, “‘Tis foolish men talk of witches flying through the air; to do so they must be light as thistledown,” and “Men say that witches all be bleared-eyed old crones, so what pleasure can there be in witch meetings such as folk talk on?” Say, “Many wise men now say there be no such creatures.” Ever  make it a jest, and in some future time, perhaps the persecution will die, and we may worship safely again. Let us all pray for that happy day.
[I] May the blessings of the Goddess and the God be on all who keep these laws which are Ardane.
[J] If the Craft hath any Appanage, let all brothers guard it, and help to keep it clear and good for the Craft, and let all justly guard all monies of the Craft. But if some brothers truly wrought it, ’tis right that they have their pay, an it be just, an this be not taking  money for the use of the Art, but for good and honest work. And even the Christians say, “A labourer is worthy of his hire.” But if any brotherswillingly for the good of the craft without pay, ’tis but to their greater honour. So it be Ardane.
[K] If there be any disputes or quarrels among the brethren, the  High Priestess shall straight convene the Elders and enquire into the matter, and they shall hear both sides, first alone, then together, and they shall decide justly, not favouring the one side or the other, ever recognizing that there be people who can never agree to work under others, but at the same time there be some people who  cannot rule justly. To those who ever must be chief, there is one answer, “Void the Coven and seek an other, or make a Coven of your own, taking with you those who will to go.” To those who cannot rule justly, the answer be, “Those who cannot bear your rule will leave you,” for none may come to meetings with those with whom they are at  variance; so, an either cannot agree, get hence, for the Craft must ever survive. So it be Ardane.
[L] In the olden days when we had power, we could use our Arts against any who ill-treated any of the Brotherhood, but in these evil times, we may not do so, for our enemies have devised a burning  pit of everlasting fire, into which they say their God casteth all the people who worship him, except it be the very few who are released by their priests’ spells and Masses, and this be chiefly by giving money and rich gifts to receive his favour, for their Alther Greatest God [Greatest God of all] is ever i n need of Money.  But as our Gods need our aid to make fertility for men and crops, So the God of the Christians is ever in need of man’s help to search out and destroy us. Their priests tell them that any who get our help or our cures are damned to the Hell forever, so men be mad for the terror of it. But they make men  believe that they may scape this hell if they give victims to the tormenters. So for this reason all be forever spying, thinking, “An I can but catch one of the Wicca I will scape this fiery pit.” But we have our hidels, and men searching long and not finding say, “there be none, or if they be, they be in a far country.”  But when one of our oppressors die, or even be sick, ever is the cry, “This be Witches Malice,” and the hunt is up again. And though they slay ten of their people to one of ours, still they care not; they have many thousands, while we are few indeed. So it is Ardane that none shall use the Art in any way to do ill  to any, howevermuch they have injured us. And for long we have obeyed this law, “Harm none” and nowtimes many believe we exist not. So it be Ardane that this law shall still continue to help us in our plight. No one, however great an injury or injustice they receive, may use the Art in any to do ill or harm any.  But they may, after great consultations with all, use the Art to prevent or restrain Christians from harming us and others, but only to let or constrain them and never to punish, to this end. Men say, “Such an one is a mighty searcher out and persecutor of Old Women whom he deemeth to be Witches,  and none hath done him Skith [harm], so this be proof they cannot, o r more truly, that there be none,” For all know full well that so many folk have died because someone had a grudge against them, or were persecuted because they had money or goods to seize, or because they had none to bribe the searchers. And many have died  because they were scolding old women, so much so that men now say that only old women are witches, and this be to our advantage, and turns suspicion away from us. In England ’tis now many a year since a witch hath died the death, but any misuse of the power might raise the Persecution again; so never break this law,  however much you are tempted, and never consent to its being broken. If you know it is being broken in the least, you must work strongly against it, and any High Priestess or High Priest who consents to it must be immediately deposed, for ’tis the blood of the Brethren they endanger. Do good, an it be safe, and only if  it be safe, for any talk may endanger us.
[M] And strictly keep to the Old Law, never accept money for the use of the art. It is Christian priests and sorcerers who accept money for the use of their Arts, and they sell Dwale and evil love spells and pardons to let men scape from their sins.  Be not as these. Be not as these. If you accept not money, you will be free of temptation to use the Art for evil causes.
[N] You may use the Art for your own advantage, or for the advantage of the Craft, only if you be sure you harm none. But ever let the Coven debate the matter at length. Only if all are satisfied that none may be harmed  may the Art be used. If it is not possible to achieve your ends one way without harming any, perchance the aim may be achieved by acting in a different way, so as to harm none. May the Curse of the Goddess be on any who breach this law. So it be Aredane.
[O] ‘Tis adjudged lawful an anyone need a house or land, an none will  sell, to incline the owner’s mind to be willing to sell, provided it harmeth him not in any way, and that the full worth is paid, without haggling. Never bargain or cheapen anything which you buy by the Art. So it be Ardane.
[P] It is the Old Law and the most important of all Laws  that no one may do or say anything which will endanger any of the Craft, or bring them in contact with the law of the land, or the Law of the Church or any of our persecutors. In any disputes between the brethren, no one may invoke any laws but those of the Craft, or any Tribunal but that of the Priestess and the Priest and the  Elders. And may the Curse of the Goddess be on any who so do. So it be Ardane.
[Q] It is not forbidden to say as Christians do, “There be Witchcraft in the Land,” because our oppressors of old made it Heresy not to believe in Witchcraft, and so a crime to deny it, which thereby put  you under suspicion. But ever say “I know not of it here, perchance they may be, but afar off. I know not where.” But ever speak so you cause others to doubt they be as they are. Always speak of them as old crones, consorting with the Devil and riding through the air. But ever say, “But how may men ride through the air an they be not  as light as thistledown?” But the curse of the Goddess be on any who cast any suspicion on any of the Brotherhood, or speaks of any real meeting place, or where any bide. So it be Ardane. [R] Let the Craft keep books with the names of all Herbs which are good for man, and all cures, that all may learn. But keep  another book with all the Banes [poisons] and Apies. and let only the elders and trustworthy people have this knowledge. So it be Ardane. [S] And may the Blessings of the Gods be on all who keep these Laws and the Curses of both God and Goddess be on all who break them So it be Ardane. [The following two sections were added after 1960.] [T] Remember the Art is the secret of the Gods and may only be used in earnest and never for show or vainglory. Magicians and Christians may taunt us, saying, “You have no power. Do magic before our eyes. Then only will we believe,” seeking to cause us to betray our Art before them. Heed them not, for the Art is holy, and may only be used in need. And the curse of the Gods be on any who break this law. [U] It ever be the way with women, and with men also, that they ever seek new love, nor should we reprove them for this, but it may be found to disadvantage the Craft, as so many a time it has happened that a High Priest or High Priestess, impelled by love, hath departed with their love; that is, they have left the coven. Now, if a High Priestess wishes to resign, she may do so in full Coven, and this resignation is valid. But if they should run off without resigning, who may know if they may not return w within a few months? So the law is, if a High Priestess leaves her coven, but returns within the space of a year and a day, then she shall be taken back, and all shall be as before. Meanwhile, if she has a deputy, that deputy shall act as High Priestess for as long as the High Priestess is away. If she returns not at the end of a year and a day, then shall the coven elect a new High Priestess. Unless there be a good reason to the contrary. The person who has done the work should reap the benefit of the reward, Maiden and deputy of the High Priestess.
This document may be distributed freely so long as it is not altered, edited, or changed in any way from its original form. A copy of this document in its true original form may be gotten from our home page.
In order to live a full and successful life as a ‘White Witch’, one must first understand what the rules of the game are. The principles which are put forth below are intended to be a very simple, basic way to remember the way of the White Craft.
The total idea may be visualized as a four legged stool. Each of the Rules can be seen as a leg and The Law may be seen as the seat. The Rules without The Law are uncomfortable and nigh on to useless in their function. The Law without the Rules gives you a comfortable place to be, but it is rather impractical and again, nearly useless. However, when all of these are brought together they make a highly stable, functional, and enjoyable life.
The Law: Harm None.
The first Rule put forth sounds pretty straight forward at first. Then you actually try to live it! 🙂 Living each day as if it were your last means maximizing your potential for every moment that you have been given.
If you are let go from your job… that is an opportunity to face truth and see what you can do to make yourself more marketable and go get a BETTER job. Or, if you are highly motivated, dedicated, and a risk taker you can take that chance to start your own company.
When I first began to follow these principles, my business was not very successful, my marriage was only tolerable, and I often felt depressed about my situation as a whole. Then I began to live each moment.’Carpe Diem’ (Seize the day) became my motto. I began to maximize every moment and live in the moment, not for the moment.
This does not mean that in order to be a good witch that you have to work like a rabid squirrel on ‘speed’… but it does mean that you have to be honest with yourself to see what your situation really is and to make the most of it. I believe that if I can go to bed at night and think to myself that I had done the very best I could that day with the information I had at each moment of opportunity, then the day was a success. But if I go to bed thinking that I had let an opportunity slip away I do not beat myself up over it. I simply say to myself, “Gee Torin, that was one you missed. I’ll get it the next time it comes along.”
What is life without love? Honestly, I can’t imagine what that would be like. Yet many people live their lives without the most important form of love there is – the love of the self. If you truly understand yourself and are willing to take responsibility for your own actions you will suddenly find a great love for yourself.
In order to give free and unconditional love to another person you must first have that kind of feeling for yourself. This is all this means.
One of the cornerstones of The Craft is the belief that our souls are here on this plane of existence at this point in time to learn lessons. Your lessons are different from (although probably quite similar to) my own. Learn what life teaches you. It is no more difficult than this.
The life of the witch does not require you to live your life in suffering nor poverty. There are no mandates for pain, unhappiness, or unpleasantness. We do not see suffering as the ‘key’ to getting into Heaven (or the Summerlands as some of us call it). Indeed, we see such things as exactly what they are… unpleasant! This does not mean that we never have unpleasant things happen to us, nor that we walk around in a constant state of denial.
We see suffering as either the result of an action we took (i.e. going to jail for robbing a bank) or the way that The Unknown (see “The Deities of Witches” by Torin W.) has chosen to teach us a lesson which we need to learn but have not done anything consciously to bring about the circumstances (i.e. the totally unexpected death of a close friend).
Witch Craft allows you to reap all of the happiness and prosperity from your life that you can muster… so long as you stay within the accepted boundaries. For instance, if you work hard at an honest job you like to do then there is nothing which says you should feel badly for being more successful than others. But if you rob a bank, you may be happy with the things that the money can buy for a short period of time, but eventually you will suffer far greater than if you had simply worked for it. (I know this may sound somewhat like a contradiction to what I said earlier, but I do not believe in keeping a job which does not give me enough pleasure, satisfaction, and money to make up for the difficulties I endure.)
I have been asked to explain this statement more than all of the previous ideas combined. I often describe ‘Harm None’ as “the Law which must remain unbroken, but cannot remain whole at all times.” Think about it, you can’t do it as a human being.
In order to actually harm none you would have to be in total and complete harmony with all things int he Universe at exactly the same time. Your immune system would not kill bacteria and other infections (because that would be harming them). Nor would you allow the bacteria to infect you because that would cause harm to yourself. You would not eat meat, nor vegetables because it would cause the destruction of either. Neither would you not eat because that would harm you. Do you see how this is simply an impossibility?
What I teach my students is to take great pains to Harm None and to think out the results of any act as far as possible ahead of time. I also stress that whenever magics are being worked that the free will of any individual or group should never be infringed.
I have been asked specifically about the use of various types of drugs in witchcraft and their relationship to the ‘Harm None’ principle. I believe that The Bright Ones gave us a sober state of mind for a reason. They also gave our brains some of the most potent chemicals known to man for achieving altered states of consciousness. Therefore i see no reason to alter the chemistry of the brain in order to ‘gain enlightenment’. Ask any recovering drug addict… he/she will tell you that the drugs lie to you.
Because of part of the training I give, I require that no illegal drugs are used while under my tutelage. In fact, if a student becomes sick during training and requires a prescription strength pain reliever, the training schedule is reworked to allow for the purging of the body before training resumes.
One of my students used to do a good deal of psychotropic drugs (i.e. LSD, mushrooms, etc.). Then he and I began to work together. After a few months of training, we worked a circle to allow him to develope his psychic senses (i.e. clairaudience, clairvoyance, etc.) When he left the circle he related to me a feeling such as none he had ever known. His words were, “It was a hundred thousand times better then the best acid trip I had ever taken.”
In short, I personally feel that drugs can be a great hinderance and only cause damage to your soul. But I also recognize the free will of the individual. I can only tell you that in my own perception, drugs do cause harm to you.Merry Part and Blessed Be
© 1996 White Circle Enterprises
Insofar as the Craft of the Wise is the most ancient and most honorable creed of humankind, it behooves all who are Witches to act in ways that give respect to the Old Gods, to their sisters and brothers of the Craft, and to themselves.
Therefore, be it noted that:
1. The Laws were created to give our lives form and order, that all might be balanced throughout all of the planes. In truth there are two sets of laws, which govern us — one setting forth the ways of the Wiccan, and the other the ways of the Universe. Both are important; each should be observed with respect and treated with honor. The Laws were shaped and molded to govern us, to teach us, to advise us, and to counsel us during our time of mortal life on earth.
2. Honor the Gods, for They are the channels and the manifestations of the Source. Honor yourself, for this divine Force also lies within you. Love the Gods as They love you; for as you love yourself and your brothers and sisters, so the Gods shall honor you. As the love of a man and a woman flowers and grows when nurtured with respect and cultivated with understanding and honor, so should you love the Gods.
3. The Goddess is the Great Mother, the God is the Great Father, and we are their children; and we worship them, because they are the Rulers of the Universe and all that is therein. Therefore, O Children of the Gods, try them not, nor attempt to test them, lest they show you that the Ways of the Craft are not to be belittled or mocked.
4. Let the Power of the Craft flow from you only in love — or not at all. For it has always been known that the energy webs which we weave and maintain shall eventually return to encircle their creator. Thus our works become either the net which entangles and binds us, or the web of light by which we are linked to the Gods.
5. Let the Rites of the Wicca be a way for the children of the Gods to be as One — for the Power flows only when the circle is unified. Always should you revere the Earth, and heal and tend Her, for She is our life, our Mother Ship, on which we navigate the dark currents of space.
6. When you reap the harvests of your lands, then you shall not reap one corner of the field, nor glean the herb gardens, nor the fallen fruits of the orchards. These you shall offer to the Earth Mother, in direct return, or through offerings made to your circle, or to sustain its Priests and Priestesses.
7. Always be proud to be of the Wicca, but never allow your pride to become vanity — for those who are self-important become as stumbling blocks, and like stumbling blocks, they are cast aside for their vanity.
8. Observe and listen, reserving your judgment, for until all the silver is weighed, who can know the worth thereof?
9. As like breeds like, even more does good beget love and joy. Your life will be full of love and joy if you are honorable and happy.
10. Your teachers are the servants of the Gods. Their duty is to plant the seeds of knowledge within the minds of their students, and they shall use their power for the good of the Wicca. Yet it is each student’s duty to tend the seeds, which are planted, and to make the final harvest. Those who misuse the power and trust of the teacher’s position shall have to answer to the Lords of Karma, and adjust the balance accordingly.
11. The Temples of the Gods, which are Their abode on Earth, shall belong to all Their children, and each circle shall be as a special family. Do naught against any of the Wicca, lest you do that thing against the Gods, and against yourself.
12. You must not be a teller of tales amongst the children of the Goddess, and you must hold no malice or evil thoughts towards others of the Wicca.
13. You must not lie, nor give false testimony before your Elders, or those who are of the Wicca — for liars are fools, and a menace unto themselves, and to the Wicca. Be truthful in all your works and deeds, especially within the circle, for what you say within the presence of the Gods becomes manifest.
14. You must not put stumbling blocks in the way of those who do not follow the way of the Wicca. You must make no unrighteous judgments of their ways, and you should aid them with an attitude of love when it is asked for. Yet ever should you keep the Counsel of the Elders, and reveal naught to others where our circles may be. Nor may you reveal our ways without the consent of the Priestess.
15. When you make a vow to the Lord or the Lady, or you swear an oath to another of the Wicca, then you must do all that has come forth from your mouth, for a covenant with the Gods, or with the Wicca, is your honor. Woe and trouble shall befall those who care not for the fetters they attach to their souls by not keeping their word.
16. The Great Mother and Great Father would not have Their children suffer the indignities of oppressors for Their sake, for what is within the hearts of Their children is dear and true to Them. The Ancient and Mighty Ones shall cause the balance to be made for those who desecrate the worship of the Lord and Lady, Their Temples, or Their creations.
17. Never shall you use Magick or the Craft to cause harm, for this is misuse of the Power, and is not to be condoned. To cause pain and death of another through the Craft shall require pain and death of the self in sacrifice.
18. Never betray any of the brethren, nor the lore of our people, for you are all servants of the Gods, and must live by the virtues of love, honor, and wisdom. Let truth, loyalty and honor be your creed and your guides, but let them ever be tempered by love and wisdom.
19. The order of the Gods shall you keep, and within Their Circles shall you walk. You must not say, “I believe” when in truth you doubt, nor shall you claim to obey the Lord and Lady’s word when you never enter into their presence. You must not profess with your lips that which is not within your heart.
20. Use not the names of the Gods in negative or evil ways, for They love and cherish Their children above all others. All others They love, even those who know Them not. Those who hate and curse in Their name shall have the Mighty Ones take the measure of their worth.
21. In any disputes between the children of the Goddess, no one may invoke any laws but those of the Craft, or any tribunal but that of the Priestess, Priest, and Elders.
22. No one of the Wicca may do anything, which shall endanger the Craft, nor bring any of the Wicca into conflict with the law of the land, or with any of our persecutors.
23. Your magickal tools are channels to that which is most precious and pure within you. Cheapen them not by haggling over their price when you acquire them.
24. Never accept money for the use of the Power. It is sorcerers and charlatans who accept money for their fraudulent spells and prayers. If you accept no money, you shall be free from the temptation to use the Craft for evil or unworthy causes.
25. You shall never take unduly from any human, animal, or elemental that which is not yours to take: for if you steal from another, in the end you shall have to sacrifice something dearer to you in order to maintain the balance.
26. Show honor to all people, that they may look up to you, and respect you; and their eyes shall become a mirror for your soul.
27. Those who are of the Wicca shall not own slaves. One person may not own the spirit of another; for only the Great Mother and the Great Father have our souls in Their keeping. Nor shall you take as a pledge any person’s life, for to do so is to place yourself betwixt two grindstones.
28. If strangers sojourn with you, you shall do them no wrong; they shall be treated as one of the Wicca, born amongst you, and you shall deal with them as you would with yourself.
29. Just weights and just balances shall you use, and just value shall you give, and thereby receive threefold.
30. Your altars must be kept clean, pure, and holy; and all that is brought into Circle shall be cleansed and blessed, for the joy of the Gods, and of the Wicca.
31. A clean mind requires a clean body. Keep clean your body, your clothes, and your house, doing this in honor of the Mother, Who gives these things to you.
32. Let none die without honor, without love, or without respect, unless their actions have decreed otherwise.
33. Couple not together if it will cause pain, jealousy, or deprivation to another by doing so. Union for malicious or evil reasons such as these upsets the balance, and the Lords of the Universe shall make adjustments accordingly.
34. Let those who would love one another, and would be as one and bear child, be handfasted. For the sharing of love in this manner is beauteous, and love’s union shares in the energy of the Gods, and brings good heritage to the child. It is important for children to know and to identify with those who brought them here.
35. The Law of the Goddess is that they of the Wicca never take and wed someone whom they do not love, whether it is to harm another, or for some form of material gain.
36. Remember that your children are Goddess-spawned, and are free spirits. You do not own nor control them. They are your brethren, come to visit for a while, that they may share in the vision of your love and wisdom. Let each parent realize that we must teach and guide with love, yet the child shall also teach the parents, and aid them in their growth and development.
37. The etheric web and energy vortices of the Earth are in constant flux and motion to adjust to the needs of the planet. The sacred trust of the Wicca is to create and to maintain centers of light and knowledge, using the Divine spark within us to focus and channel the forces of the Universal fire. These webs are the channels established between the worlds of the stars and the realms of the Earth, bringing in and regulating the Spirit flames, which energize and activate all life forms. Thus we tend and guard the threads of creation, and we weave the patterns of life and manifestation in an ever-evolving tapestry.
38. Never use your heritage or position for self-glorification or gain. Respect both your magick and our ways. We must always recognize that while others may look to us to lead them, they too are our guides.
39. Keep your body strong, your mind keen, and your purpose pure, for within your being you shall channel the Power, and it needs to be strong and pure. And these are the keys to the path of Oneness, and to communication with the Gods. Yet first you must learn to speak to Them in such a manner as They can comprehend. For the children of the Wicca must aid the Gods, and work with Them, otherwise the Gods cannot aid and work with us. Ever remember that the Priest and Priestess are the living representatives of the God and Goddess Forces, and likewise that all humans carry these forces within them, though they may lie dormant and unawakened.
40. As the Great Mother and Father come unto one another and create with pure vibration of Love-Wisdom, so should you strive to make your Circle pure in vibration, a fitting place wherein you may invite the Gods. Thus, your Circle should always be duly purified and cast; and likewise, those who would use the gateways and travel the Circle between the Earth and other Realms must also be duly prepared and purified.
41. The Goddess hath said, “I shall not carry thee, yet neither shall I hinder thee, nor keep thee from having the same opportunities as all of My children. Thou art free, yet thou shalt not be coddled like babes in the storm. If thou hast true devotion within thee, then all obstacles may be overcome.”
42. The laggard is but half a person — and though half is better than none, the whole is twice as good as the half. Those who work not, or who lack the will and desire to learn the ways of the Gods, unto them it is said, “The Ancient and Mighty Ones shall not keep you within Their house, if ye learn not.”
43. You shall make a sanctuary unto the Gods, that They may dwell amongst you. And you shall fashion it to the best of your ability, according to all that your Elders shall show you, and pure energy shall you place therein.
44. You shall make an altar unto the Lady, and you shall make due reverence unto Her, for every place where She enters is exalted. She will come to you and bless you. And you shall fashion your altar out of wood or stone, and burn incense and candles thereon, at the proper times, in observance of Her ways.
45. You shall set aside at least one day during each Moon unto the Goddess. On that day you shall do Her work; and on that day She will renew Her children and bless them.
46. Learn to build your own Temple, and to craft your own sacred Circle, and all tools that are used therein — for to be a person of the Craft is to be a person of consequence.
47. Let each of you inscribe your own record of our ways and teachings. For the course of all Wiccans should be charted, that the patterns of their lifewebs may be made known and utilized. Let all Wiccans keep their Book of Light with the teachings and lore of their Tradition, yet let every Book of Light contain the rites and ways of each individual, which are the harvest of each child of the Wicca, to use the wisdom of their heritage as the seeds of their own personal wisdom. Thus shall our lore and knowledge continue to grow and unfold, like a beautiful flower.
48. It is right to study and to understand the sigils, statues and stories of the Gods, for they shall guide your thoughts to Them, and They shall hear you. Yet you must ever remember that you worship not the sign nor the statue, but the Gods, which inspired them.
49. If your Circle owns any land, let all guard it, and help to keep it clean. Let all justly guard all monies of the Circle, as well as the rights and property of all members of the Circle.
50. If any Wiccan truly labors, just payment becomes a personal right. This is not considered the taking of money for the Art, but good and honest work. Yet if any Wiccan works willingly for the good of the Craft, or a brother or sister without pay, then it becomes the cause of great honor.
51. If any Wiccan should willingly forswear some pleasure or material indulgence in order to do service in the Circle, this person shall be blessed and remembered. For the spirit shall be uplifted in any who gives for the greatest good of all.
52. Know also that if you gift the Lady’s Priests and Priestesses, or Her Circles, this is an offering made unto the Mother Herself, for a true Priest or Priestess strives always to do Her work, and to be of service to Her children, so to honor and respect them is to honor and respect the Queen of All.
53. And the offerings which are considered the most pleasing to the Gods are these: the fruits of the orchards the scents of the trees and herbs the metals of the Earth the waters of the Earth the flowers of the meadows and the milk of all mothers. Yet offerings of labor or money are honest too, and these will also be accepted — more so if you work with love in your heart, for always there is work to be done for the Gods, and service to be given to the children of the Wicca.
54. If your offerings are made to restore the balance, they must be of a nature that is not offensive to the Gods. They must be of value, yet given with a free heart. Thus shall the harmony be restored. If your offerings are given with a heart filled with love and devotion, or are of service to the Gods, or to the Craft, then shall you receive blessings manifold.
55. And when you make an offering unto the Gods, you should offer it through the most proper medium, at the proper times, and in such a manner as to make it acceptable. Any and all remains of the rituals shall be consumed in the fire, or buried within the Earth, as a way of returning to the Source all that we use in the observance of our ways, thus ensuring the continuity of the cycle.
56. All may use the Craft to help and aid them, or for the advantage of their Circle, or the Craft — yet only if you are sure that you harm none. Let each Wiccan and Circle always debate these matters at length. Only if all be satisfied that none be harmed in any way, may the Art then be used. If it is not possible to achieve your ends one way, then perhaps the goal may be achieved by acting in a different way, so as to harm none.
57. Throughout the world it has been many a year since Wiccans have been burned. Yet misuse of the Power might raise the persecutions once again. So never break the Laws, however much you might be tempted, and never consent to their being broken. And if you know they are being broken, then you must work strongly against it.
58. In days of old it was decided by the Mighty Ones who came before us that the Art might be used to restrain others from harming the Craft or its children, yet only after great consultation with all members of the Circle, and only then to deflect or to constrain them.
59. And such were the ways of the Lady that She brought us forth in joy, and such were the ways of the Lord that His reign gave all life pleasure. Offer love in your worship and all shall be joyous in beauty.
60. In the dimly remembered dawn of ages past, the Wicca were truly free. Then, in Atlantis came the Age of Misuse of Power, followed by the Ages of Persecution and Suffering. So the people of the Wicca hid themselves and cloaked their knowledge, and wove veils of secrecy and silence. And this is how the Ways of the Wicca have been preserved through the time of darkness. Yet much of the knowledge of our people was lost in that darkness.
61. Yet the cycle ever revolves – and the Age of the Earth Mother once again draws nigh. We must be strong – one with our birthright, and one with our Gods, if we are to bring forth the balance. Those who would harm us, or attempt to enslave us, we must overcome – yet only through light and love, and never through violence or the evil of chaos. And through our efforts the time of our people will come into being once more. In the times which lie ahead, there is much work to be done, so that once more the cycles of life are drawn to the path of light, and the balance achieved through the power of love.
62. In order to bring the ways of the Light and Love and Light to the peoples of the Earth, our secrets are slowly becoming secrets no more, and it is good that this is so – for the age of shadow and secrecy is passing. Yet the sharing of our ways needs always to be guided by wisdom and by love. Let our rites and our mysteries always be sacred. Let no one defile our worship or our heritage, for the defilement of our ways is loss of honor, both for self and for the Craft.
63. Let each High Priestess govern her Circle with justice and love, and with the help and advice of the Elders and the High Priest, always heeding the messages of the Gods when they come.
64. Ever remember that although the Priest is the force with which the Circle is built, the Priestess is the ruler therein – for it is through her that the Goddess created the world, and all things therein.
65. Let each Circle of Light decide how it shall be known — whether by earthly name or magickal one. For each child of the Wicca knows best the safety or dangers of the chosen homeland.
66. Let each Circle of Light maintain and dedicate unto the Goddess and the God all things that are required for Their rituals, for what is blessed in the name of the Gods rightly belongs to Them, and the Priest or Priestess shall be the caretakers thereof.
67. Any of the Circle, who are of sufficient rank, and wish to form a new Circle, shall tell the High Priestess and the Elders of their intentions. Members of the old Circle may join the new Circle when it is formed, but if they do so they must leave the other Circle, unless otherwise instructed. For it is an old law that while each Wiccan may join the Circle of choice, no Wiccan’s energy should be divided between two or more Temples.
68. The Elders of the old and new Circles shall meet in peace and with respect, to decide the level of interaction and connection between the Circles. Yet it is known that the splitting of a Circle often means strife. So only if it is truly in a spirit of peace and harmony should the Circles meet for the celebration of the Great Festivals.
69. None shall enter the Circle with a sickness or an ailment, which may be passed on to the Lady’s other children – for to do so causes harm to yourself, as well as to others of the Circle. Rather should the Elders go unto the sick one, that through the love of the Gods they shall be made well and whole once more.
70. It has been judged that if any of the Craft need a house or land, and none will sell, it shall be lawful to incline someone’s mind so as to be willing to sell, providing it harms none and the full price is paid without haggling.
71. The High Priest or High Priestess shall heed all complaints of all Pagans and Wiccans, and strive to settle any differences between them, with reason and with justice.
72. In the matter of quarrels or disputes between the members of the Circle, the High Priestess shall convene the Council, and inquire into the matter. The Council shall hear each person privately, and then both together. And they shall decide justly, not favoring one side nor the other.
73. If an agreeable resolution cannot be reached, then the dissenting Wiccan must void the Circle, for a Circle of Light cannot be properly formed where there is disagreement and discord. And when a Circle is not properly formed, the energy within is either dissipated, or turns ugly, festering like a hidden sore. So let dissenters leave, but only with love in their hearts and yours, for even though your paths may diverge, you are still all children of the Wicca, and there must be no violence between us. Bear no grudges, hold no thoughts of vengeance, for this will rot away the foundation of your power.
74. It has ever been recognized that there are some people who can never agree to work under any others. At the same time there are also people who cannot rule justly. To those who must ever be chief there is but one answer: “Void this Circle, and seek another one, or if ye be of sufficient rank, then form a Circle of your own.” To those who cannot rule justly, the answer shall be: “Those who cannot bear your rule will leave you”. For none may circle with whom they are at variance, because to do so angers the Gods, and hinders the Craft.
75. Those that do wrong without knowledge shall be held innocent; those that do wrong through carelessness shall be judged lacking in wisdom, and dealt with according to the nature of the transgression. Those who do wrong with deliberation and forethought shall be thrice punished, and the Lords of Karma shall lay low their pride.
76. Each person must make a balance between words and actions, and the judgment of the Elders should incline toward making good come from the injustice or wrongdoing. Many are the ways to restore the balance, so let the judgments of the Elders and the Priestess be in keeping with this.
77. Do not turn aside those who seek the ways of the Wicca for want of an offering or lack of a robe. You are the servant of the Gods, and the servants of Their people, and those that seek for the Gods you must aid in their quest.
78. When you meet with those who would inquire as to the ways of the Goddess, or who wish to become of the Wicca, you shall search their hearts, and even into their spirits shall you look, as you are able. For the Wicca do not look to acquire mere numbers. Let none be turned away whose heart is true, and whose desire is earnest.
79. The hidden children are like the strings of a harp; each one may give a clear note, and when gathered together
in sympathy and accord, they give rise to a beautiful symphony. Yet when struck without reason or thought, these notes may cause discord or disharmony. Therefore the Gods decree to Their Teachers and Priests that all must be taught to master their instruments, that there may be no discord or imbalance.
80. Choose the Priests and Teachers of the Wicca with diligence and with care. The qualities that you should search for within them are Wisdom, Faith, Belief, Knowledge, Ability, Patience, Leadership, Humility, and a loving nature – for they must lead and teach the children of the Goddess, and will thereby have the power to do great good, or to cause great imbalance.
81. Let the greatest of the Priests and Priestesses guide the rituals within each of the Temples of the Old Gods, and let all worshippers strive to be content with the advice and guidance given by them. Yet each rite and ritual must be given so that it is clear and understandable, for within the Temple of the Wicca there walk only free men and free women who must be able to recognize and to understand our ways and their implications. Therefore those Priests and Priestesses who will not or cannot explain the inner workings, or give just cause and reason for their decisions, may be questioned, and the wisdom of the advice weighed.
82. Let the Priestess and Priest lead as long as they are able, and let their leadership be wise and strong, and to the benefit of the Wicca. Yet if their health is ill favored, or if the next generation needs to try its hand, then let them have the vision and the wisdom to step away from their position, and pass the duties of the Circle to another. Let them not become overly attached to the office, nor too fond of the power.
83. If a Priestess or a Priest should tire of the Temple’s duties and charges, then she or he may step down, but only after having trained and acknowledged a successor. But a Priest or Priestess who deserts the Circle loses the right to lead again within this life, so great is the trust that has been broken. If such a person returns to the Circle within one turn of the Wheel, and shall be judged to have true atonement, and gained new insight and growth, then she or he may be forgiven, and allowed to return to the Circle. Yet that person shall worship only, and hold no office or title. Leadership is a sacred commitment and an honor, and it will not be committed twice to those who have shown that they cannot be trusted with such responsibility.
84. Any Priestess, Priest, or Elder who consents to a breach of the Laws regarding the use of the Craft to cause harm to others must immediately be relieved of office, for it is the lives of the children of the Goddess which they endanger, as well as the honor of the Craft.
85. The High Priestess may take a Sabbatical from her Circle, if her personal life and duties require it, for up to a year and a day. During that time, the Maiden shall act as High Priestess. If the High Priestess does not return at the end of a year and a day, then the Initiates of the Circle shall name a new Priestess. Unless there is good reason to the contrary, the person who has done the work of the Priestess should reap the reward. If someone else is named, then the Maiden should continue in that office.
86. Each Priestess and Priest shall choose their own consorts, yet let them select from those who are wise in the learning of our people, and thus others shall abide by the wisdom of their choice. Yet if the Circle feels the decision is ill-advised, or that they cannot abide and work in honor and trust with that consort, then they may request a gathering of all concerned to meet and to talk, and to resolve the balance with love and honor. For only those who are pure and strong, keen and wise, patient and loving, can effectively and properly carry out the duties of a Keeper of the Circle.
87. Those of the Priesthood shall not neglect their mates, or their children, or their house, nor anything, which is in their possession; nor shall the sick and the needy be neglected for the sake of the Circle. Therefore let them adjust the one thing against the other, that neither should suffer, and that which is given by the Gods is treated with love and respect.
88. Long ago, at the time of Creation, it was deemed that the female should hold the power of life giving. So mightily was the male force drawn to the love and beauty of the Creation of life, that he surrendered unto her keeping the force of his powers in the furtherance of life. Yet the Priestess must always remember that the flames which light the fires within her come from the Priest. Therefore she must use the force wisely, and only with love, and she must honor and respect him, who is the activator of the Life Force.
Witches do not point out the identity of other witches to the general public or give addresses, or anything that can betray any of us.
Do nothing that will endanger anyone in the Craft, or which will bring them into conflict with the law of the land or any of your persecutors.
Do not gossip or speak evil of other witches.
Never lie to any of the Wicca.
Never use your magickal skills for show, pride, vanity or glory.
Keep within your Book of Shadows a record of your own rites and learnings.
Do not lend your Book of Shadows to anyone. You may allow someone to copy it though.
Property owned by Crafters should be guarded both mundanely and spiritually by the Witch.
Never use your personal power for evil purposes or attacks. If someone attacks you, you can defend yourself by asking the Goddess for justice.
Magickal bindings can cost you dearly. Learn to banish negativity instead.
Know that thoughts are things; and what you create in thought may manifest in reality.
A Witch’s power grows in direct relation with his or her level of wisdom.
As long as you are acting in accordance with a positive belief system, don’t worry what others think of you and say about it.
Injuries, accidents, sickness, and poverty are often manifestations of low self-esteem or negative programming, not hexes.
Magick use should be viewed as sacred.
Witches may teach others about the Craft if the place is safe, the teacher is knowledgeable, the student is willing, and the information is available publicly or is not secret to the organization to which he or she belongs.
Never do anything to disgrace the Goddess and the Craft.
Revere, honor, tend, and heal the Earth
Of that which you grow, make or use, let as much as possible return to the Earth as an offering to Her, as a way to nourish the cycle of life.
Do not judge those of other paths, but offer them love and aid.
Do not steal from human, animal, or spirit; if you have needs you can’t meet, turn to your community.
Offer friendship and hospitality to strangers who visit among you.
You shall never handfast or wed someone you don’t love.
Honor the relationships and commitments of others, and don’t couple together if it will cause harm to another.
Raise your children with kindness, feed, clothe, and house them as well as you can. Show them love and affection, teach them strength and wisdom.
Deal fairly and honestly in all your transactions with others, following the letter and spirit of any contract you agree.
An ye harm none, do as ye will.
If you know the Rede is being broken, you must work strongly against it.
Watch, listen, and withhold judgment; in debate let your silences be long, your thoughts clear, and your words carefully chosen.
Never boast, or threaten, or speak evil of anyone.
Be truthful always, save when speaking would lead to a great harm.
Keep clean your body, your clothes, and your house.
Should you take a task upon yourself, work hard and well to accomplish it properly and in good time. Always do the best you can.
Do not haggle over the price of your ritual tools.
Witches know that there no absolute truths.
Witches understand that the universe consist of perfect balance; therefore, everything has an opposite.
Witches realize that for every action there is a reaction. (The Law of Three)
Witches know that we are all one; we are all connected.
Never lie to yourself for this is the ultimate act of deceit.
Witches understand that the ultimate act of spirituality is the act of positive creation through love.
Witches realize that the energy created through worship and rituals manifests as a circular stream of positive energy.
Witches should never close their minds to knowledge.
Never practice a magickal system that you don’t fully understand.
Do not set a price on your magickal work.
A witch uses the magickal circle as a physical and non-physical representation of a temple on the earth plane.
Witches use the energies around them to assist in raising power.
Witches use common sense and do not share their mysteries with fools.
A Witch who knowingly breaks the Law (Ordains) will not be permitted to incarnate on Earth again.
Those of the Wicca follow an intricate set of laws in their personal and group practice. Collectively, these laws are called The Ordains. The Ordains fall into three basic categories: spiritual laws, practical laws, and coven laws. The spiritual laws can be seen as a code of ethics or morals giving the Crafter a guideline for spiritual living, whether you choose to practice as a solitary (a Witch alone) or within a group structure. These spiritual laws apply to all magical people, and most magical individuals incorporate these laws into their group workings, as well as their solitary practices.
Consider practical laws as the blossoms of experience from those who have practiced the religion before you. Therefore, not all of the practical laws will apply to every person. Think of these laws as guidelines.
The third type of Craft law (mundane law) belongs to group hierarchy, and most of these laws do not apply to the Witch practicing alone. This doesn’t mean that solitary Witches should ignore these laws entirely, as many in their community may follow some sort of coven or group government, and they practice Witchcraft within the confines of these laws. Mundane laws fall into two categories: Those laws created for general Wiccan government; and those laws created by the current organization, group, or coven. The laws created by each group may not contradict the general mundane laws, but seek to enhance the organization and assist in creating a group mind.
Through the Principles of Belief and the more intricate Ordains, New Generation Witches can practice a structured religion that doesn’t appear structured. That’s the enchantment, and the mystery, of the Craft.
Good Tuesday Morning, brothers & sisters of the Craft. I hope you are having a very beautiful Tuesday morning. I want to start by apologizing for yesterday. The posts being so short, I mean. I had worked all weekend redesigning our store. I am sure most of you know with teenage boys around, that is hard to do during the day. I stayed up Saturday night and Sunday night. Then when it came time for work, I got in my nice peaceful office and went right straight to sleep. I am really surprised you did see “ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,” going across the screen. Yesterday, was my fault and I apologize. Today is short because I have to take Jacob to the doctor to see if we can finally get the cast off his arm. But that is not what I wanted to talk to you about.
What I want to talk about was the letter I wrote to Tucker Carlson. I was surprised that I received some heat from our very own community. I don’t know why I should have been, it seems there are always those waiting in the shadows to jump. The only problem I jump back and I say what is on my mind. I believe that is what keeps me in more hot water than anything, my mouth overrides my ass at times.
I received a few comments in regards my mentioning Brett Kavanaugh. For those of you who brought that topic up, you didn’t catch the jest of what my letter was about. I did mention him because he was one of the intended victims of the group “hex-in.” A few told me, “if you believe he is innocent, then I can’t follow you anymore.” Everyone has their own opinions, I believe we still live in a country were we have that right. I never saw any credible proof that he was guilty. Did you? I used this example yesterday:
I go before the local law enforcement and I tell them you committed murder. I have no evidence only my word and the local sheriff believes me. He comes to your house and arrests you. He then locks you up in the jail. Remember only on my word, I have no proof and can’t even remember when the murder happened or who it happened too, but they believe me. You are then sentenced to life in prison. Again, only on my word, no proof. You are going to sit behind bars for the rest of your life, just on my word. You were automatically assumed guilty because I said so. Does that sound like a bum deal or a smear campaign against you. I think it does. Where is the presumed innocent until proven guilty go that our legal system was founded on. Must have went out the door. Oh, well that will give you something to think about while you rotten in jail on my word alone.
I sincerely hope and pray that I still live in a country were you are presumed innocent until you are proven guilty. That is not what was done in the Kavanaugh case. The letter came forth and before anyone knew who even wrote the letter, he was guilty. Not the way it is suppose to work in this country. You are suppose to be innocent until proven guilty. Then the burden of proof lies on the prosecutor to prove you are guilty. Again, I never heard any proof of this man being guilty of anything. My opinion is he is innocent until proven guilty. Or do I not have that right anymore? It seems the Left is working to change everything in our country. Did I wake up in the wrong country or has things already changed so much that the presumption of innocence no longer exists in this country. You might want to wake up to what is going on around you and see what is really trying to be done in our country right now.
The next comment I got criticized on was, “who gave you the right to speak for all witches.” Some of them even stated they never heard of the Ordains, the Witches Code of Chivalry or any of the other laws I quotes. Don’t worry you will because we are going to have a refresher course on them this morning instead of the horoscopes. In answer to that question, you gave me the right to speak for all witches. Until you are ready to sit down at your computer or take pen in hand and write to one of the TV stations or newspapers, I have that right. Some want to sit in the dark, keep their mouths shut, while we are being casted in such a negative light. Fine, sit in the dark. But I am not going to sit there with you. We have worked and worked to try to educate the public on the truth about Witchcraft. Now the press, brings out this group of witches who are hex happy and reports on them. Do you not realize that once this group is made public that the entire nation, let alone the world, will see us as just exactly that. I will be the first one to admit I have casted a few hexes in my time but they have never been against anyone who didn’t deserve it. Now to call for a hex-in against people they don’t even know because of some crazy accusations, it is pathetic. If you are going to cast your hexes, then do it in private. Don’t come out and broadcast it to the world. Doing so only makes all of us look bad. It casts a negative light on all of us.
We, the WOTC, have fought for too many years to show the world what witches are truly about. First started out, someone found out I was a witch they automatically assumed I was going to hex their cattle(whether they had cattle or not is another question). But we have fought long and hard to remove the reputation that witches and witchcraft had. The letter I wrote was my own opinion. I gave a general outline of what witchcraft was like. I am a Solitary practitioner and in case you have forgotten what that is, then let me refresh your memory. It gives me the right to pull from other Traditions what I want and what I can use for my benefit. Or has the Left took away that right also? If you don’t like the general outline I gave, then do something about it. Get on that computer, write those letters yourself. Show your side of what witchcraft is all about and what it means to you.
I am a Solitary Practitioner. I have developed my own beliefs and practices over the years. One of those beliefs is to never idly stand by and let witches or the Craft be run through the mud. Not to let witchcraft be used for political gain or influencing others into a negative way of thinking. That is just my views on the topic. You don’t like my views, then get on the computer and write your letters. Until that time, I will not stand by and watch us being casted in such a negative matter. Would you like to go back to the days were they think all witches have green skin, pointed noses and warts? Oh, you’re blowing it out of portion. Am I? Wait to the Left gains power. They have shown that everyone they use to gain influence has gotten burned in the end. Check the record. The poor woman they brought forth to testify against Kavanaugh, where is she at now? Don’t know, do you? They used her and discarded her. They made her a pawn in their own political agenda. They have ruin that woman’s life forever. I have empathy for women who have been raped, abused, or tortured by men. I personally cannot stand for it and I believe there is a special place reserved for them in the Summerlands. I have seen what the Left does to people they convince to come out for them. I don’t want any witch to fall for their fake promises and lies.
If my letter made you angry because I shouldn’t have represented all witches, I won’t apologize. Someone needed to open their mouth and let the general public know that we are not all like that. If you are tired of me speaking for witches in general then next time pick up that pen or get on that computer and write a letter yourself. I will continue to write letters and others here will also. Now are we going to be the only ones that does?
Lady of the Abyss
Had a very wise man one time tell me, “What good does it do if you have 10 members or 10,000 members, if they won’t do anything.” At the time I didn’t think he was that wise, now I know I was wrong. Thanks, Peter.