**Note** Don’t panic, witchcraft info is coming. Remember last Saturday, when we said we were going to pick out a day to supply you with pages you could pick out and put in your BOS. Well guess what? Today is another such day. After the horoscopes, we will start providing those pages to you. I know when I was younger, I would have loved to have such info in my BOS. I hope you feel the same way and enjoy them!**
The Witches Digest for Friday, January 26th
(Part 2, Horoscopes & Other Divination)
Prepare for Full Moon Eclipse
Relationships and life goals will be front-and-center issues this next week ahead of the supermoon with lunar eclipse January 31. For sensitives, this can be a week of both intensity and abundant opportunities to energize a new path forward. Continue reading for some tips on how to prepare for these energies.
With the spotlight now on relationships, this is a good time to assess your own relationships. If heart healing is needed in a key relationship, the eclipse gateway energies can provide the needed catalyst and support.
A significant breakthrough can occur, in fact, when you focus on a key relationship over the coming days – inviting insights about what’s out of balance and what needs to shift for more heart-centered relating. The heart is key. Consider what your heart needs from the other person. Likewise, invite a knowing of what the other person’s heart needs from you.
The heart is the essence of all love bonds. It must be the driving force in your relationships, guiding you and teaching you about how to be increasingly more loving and kind.
The solar eclipse of August 21 also had a focus on love and heart healing. This current eclipse gateway will illuminate your progress and help you discover current obstacles to love.
Life goals can receive a substantial energizing at this eclipse too. Knowing that, take time over the coming week to hone in on specific goals you want to energize. Invite a knowing of brand-new ways to approach your life and your path forward. Consider that what you envisioned last year may need to be updated to reflect your current energy and potentials.
As a divine changemaker, you are in a continual process of change and growth. There is an accelerating pace involved with this process during these pivotal years. In 2018, in particular, you will be experiencing an amplified level of insights about your path and sometimes sudden changes in what you consider important.
Trust your inner wisdom. Allow it to lead you into a brighter and more abundant future.
This Weekend’s Love Horoscope: Love Is an Adventure
Your love horoscope for the weekend of January 26-28
The thrill of adventure is strong starting this weekend! On Friday fiesty Mars enters life-of-the-party Sagittarius, and you’ll feel more free-spirited and eager to explore new horizons in love. Sagittarius is an optimist and a risktaker, so if you’ve been holding off on making the first move, now’s the time to go for it! For those already dating or in a relationship, trying something different and spontaneous this weekend will help stoke the fires between you. Just be advised: While you’ll be much more upbeat and open-minded now, you could come on too strong by pushing your opinions and beliefs onto others, which can be a complete turn-off — be careful how you speak and act toward your loved ones, or you may end up a party of one!
It’s especially important to remember to remain positive early on this weekend, because just after Mars enters Sagittarius, he’ll be opposite the emotional Moon, which can make you feel easily irritated by literally anything. This won’t last very long, but it’s important to be aware of — you don’t want to begin the weekend with a shaky start! If irritation does occur, go for a walk or retreat to another room for a few minutes to burn off steam. There are too many exciting things happening now to spend your whole weekend upset!
Part of the Daily Insight Group ©2018
Intimacy Issues of Each Zodiac Sign
Astrology can help you overcome intimacy issues in love
Intimacy can be challenging. It’s not easy feeling exposed and vulnerable to those you love and trust — much less to someone you’re newly dating.
Relationships bring up our deepest anxieties, which we express in different ways. Some signs, such as Sagittarius and Aquarius, fear they’ll lose their independence, so they hold people at arm’s length. Others, like Cancer and Scorpio, crave commitment and may come off as too needy.
Learning how to create true intimacy is what life’s all about. What issues might stand in your way? Find out with a Love Celtic Cross Tarot reading and look up the intimacy horoscope for your sign below.
Aries (March 21 – April 19)
You’re determined to do things your own way, Aries. That spark of sovereignty within you is strong, and you fear losing it in relationships. Because you can take care of things so well on your own, you may shy away from letting others know how much you need them. Practicing the art of give-and-take is the key to maintaining your independence and also letting others in deeply. Also, take care you don’t demand too much, too soon.
Taurus (April 20 – May 20)
You know once you make a commitment, Taurus, it’s for good. That’s why you take your time choosing the right person. Once locked in, however, you want things to stay the same forever and stubbornly resist change. Fear of leaving your comfortable rut is your single greatest barrier to intimacy — a condition that thrives on constant growth. You need to trust that change is good, and embrace it with open arms before love can flourish.
Gemini (May 21 – June 20)
You tend to flit around a lot, Gemini, never staying put long enough to establish deeply-rooted ties. The fear of becoming bored or being hemmed in tends to keep you on the surface of things, never investing enough of yourself to feel committed. And, there’s that secret fear that your partner might discover the “dark twin” you try so hard to hide. Yet letting someone in shines the light of love into the darkness — leading to true intimacy.
Cancer (June 21 – July 22)
You fear exposing your soft underbelly, Cancer. Since your emotions are so close to the surface, it happens more often than you’d like. Once exposed, you’re at your loved one’s mercy. Because you’re more comfortable nurturing others than receiving loving care, being willing to fall apart, cry or be vulnerable is actually good for you. And, your willingness to reveal yourself makes intimacy with others much more rewarding.
Leo (July 23 – Aug. 22)
You have a hard time relinquishing control, Leo. And, your desire to be the one in charge can keep others at a distance. Because you seem so capable, they may be content to let you run the show. Don’t fall prey to this trap, though — sharing power in a relationship is the key to intimacy. As you reveal areas in which you’re not as competent, you let others know the true you. Your quick temper can also ward people off, so practice patience.
Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22)
A feeling of unworthiness is at the root of your intimacy issues, Virgo. You fear that if you reveal your imperfections, others will run away. Yet no one holds you to the impossibly high standards you set for yourself. In fact, they’d rather you come out and play instead of always worrying and care-taking them. Don’t let your sharp mind and analytical abilities dominate your feelings, where the magic of intimacy lies.
Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22)
You work hard at making things beautiful and harmonious, Libra. Therefore, you may tend to sweep relationship issues under the rug where they fester and create distance between you. Intimacy is about being real, not pretending things are ideal when they’re not. Also, your agile mind is skilled at figuring out feelings without ever feeling them. Getting into the messy realm of emotions scares you, but it’s the key to intimacy.
Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21)
People sometimes feel threatened by you, Scorpio, which can be an obstacle to closeness. It’s not that you avoid intimacy; you thrive on delving deeply into feelings and confronting issues. It’s just that your intensity and blunt honesty can be too much for others. And, they may feel you want too much. On the other hand, you may hide your deepest feelings, afraid that if you open up you’ll be betrayed. You need to learn to trust more.
Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21)
Yours is the sign of the eternal bachelor, Sagittarius. Footloose and fancy-free, you fiercely guard your freedom and often turn tail and run when people get too close. Your biggest obstacle to intimacy is considering commitment a trap, associated with the boring and humdrum. The solution is to find a partner who’ll give you a long leash — but in return, you’ll have to promise to stick around for the tedious parts.
Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19)
You want to be seen as the strong one, Capricorn. Capable, sure, even stoic, you shy away from the realm of emotions and are loathe to let your vulnerabilities show. Others end up leaning on you, but what happens when you need help? You need to learn how to let others past your defenses and love you. Once you shatter the illusion that you’re invulnerable, then caring becomes a two-way-street and true intimacy is yours.
Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18)
Like Mr. Spock from Star Trek, your sign prefers logic to feelings. You’re seen as self-contained, even chilly, and have trouble expressing what’s in your heart. Because you possess a brighter, quicker mind than most, you think it ought to serve all your needs. You fear losing your freedom if you let others in. Yet to avoid the fate of loneliness, you need to open up and explore the territory of the heart.
Pisces (Feb. 19 – March 20)
Your biggest obstacle to intimacy, Pisces, is a lack of self-knowledge. You’re such a chameleon, skilled at being all things to all people, that you may not know what you really want. As you spend some time alone, apart from others’ needs and feelings, you’ll create better boundaries and lose the need to rescue those you love or let them take advantage of you. You’ll also find that place of strength that fosters true intimacy.
Part of the Daily Insight Group ©2018
For the Singles Among us or not: Your Daring Dating Horoscopes for the week beginning 26th January
David Wells, Astrologer
From The Astrology Room
ARIES (March 21st-April 20th)
Midweek madness under a full Moon, no ordinary one this, it’s also a supermoon, a blue Moon and a total lunar eclipse. Nice, so what does it have to do with your love life? Ditherers will see the way, decisions made, and single sorts get the wake up and smell the roses talk from a mate.
TAURUS (April 21st-May 21st)
You can’t be the only one who has noticed the way someone is behaving? They are flirting right, definitely flirting, maybe, could be, probably not. Talk your way out if it Taurus, convince yourself nothing is going on and that will be what you get. Or change the script?
GEMINI (May 22nd-June 21st)
Mars is freshly minted in your relationship sky and your ruler Mercury is gathering all the social skills needed to make your pitch, but when? Wednesday is a day of heated exchanges, passionate ideas and declarations of heart centred feelings.
CANCER (June 22nd-July 23rd)
You’re never going to attract someone with those shoes, and what were you thinking about when you bought that top? Outrageous that anyone should have the cheek to tell you what to wear, how to act, have none of it Cancer and say so! Someone already loves everything about you; surprise!
LEO (July 24th-August 23rd)
With the full Moon, blue Moon, supermoon and lunar eclipse in your sign it may be a busy old week and as the Sun’s in your relationship sky for this production, it could reflect back on a one-on-one that you’re not seeing, want out of, or need a giant push to say hi. Hi!
VIRGO (August 24th-September 23rd)
What could be better than being lined up for some deep and meaningful? You know the sort of thing, you meet, you have coffee, you talk for ages about stuff that really interests you and you understand what you’ve been missing. Then you go home, think that’s nice, should’ve got his or her number. Concentrate.
LIBRA (September 24th-October 23rd)
I have nothing but admiration for your constant optimism in love, the roses will be around the door and there will be bluebirds helping you do the dusting soon enough. Until there isn’t. A reality check isn’t meant to knock you off track, it’s sent to put you onto another, more favourable one.
SCORPIO (October 24th-November 22nd)
Jupiter isn’t having much to say to Neptune, not any more, they’ll hook up again and bring back some more romantic vibes but for now it seems you’re more interested in practical matters. Get them done, some self-love first, look after gorgeous you.
SAGITTARIUS (November 23rd-December 21st)
Mars is in your sign, Mars is your new love, true love planet. Mars is a planet of action, of passion, of going out and getting what you want in life. Mars is a social planet for you and he’s also untethered by the opinions of others this week. Be more Mars.
CAPRICORN (December 22nd-January 20th)
To be honest Capricorn, your love life may not be high on your list of things to do this week. You seem to be in the mood for some introspection, some wandering and wondering, seeking new truths for your shiny new life and opportunities. Wander and wonder.
AQUARIUS (January 21st-February 19th)
Opposite you is the lunar eclipse, supermoon, blue Moon, Moony-McMooface and anything else you want to chuck at it. The fact is, it’s a whopper of an energy rush and Mercury moves into your sign same day. It’s over, it’s starting, it’s moving up a gear, downhill; be honest.
PISCES (February 20th-March 20th)
If you stay there a little longer maybe someone will magic their way out of the wallpaper and he or she will be just what you’ve been looking for? Change the settings Pisces, it’s not a week to find love, it’s a week for love to find you. Think on.
Your Daily Horoscopes for Friday, January 26th
Your ruler, Mars, moves into harmony with your sign today, dear Aries, and will continue to move through your adventure sector until March 17th. This is a time for feeling positive, energized, and enthusiastic. You are very content with doing your own thing and exploring your world independently, but you can also be inspiring and motivating with others for taking action on matters. Taking charge of your life comes more naturally now. You’re braver, more courageous, and less inhibited during these seven weeks. Competitive and physical activities are favored. The need to get a lot of little things done is pressing today, however, and can certainly compete with Mars encouraging you to live your life more fully, and your best bet is to strike a compromise.
Mars is the planet of action, fire, courage, and motivation, dear Taurus, and enters your intimacy sector today. Until March 17th, power dynamics and self-control become more significant issues in your life. Some of the more obvious, surface heat in your close relationships drops, but if there are troubles that run deeper, they’re likely to emerge now. You are learning that power is not about having the upper hand with others – it’s about managing your own energy well. This can be a stellar period for applying strategy to your life, particularly related to pursuing your desires or going after what you want. You can be very sensitive to the give-and-take side of a relationship at this time. Watch for the magnification of problem areas, particularly related to suspicion. Otherwise, find constructive activities you love doing and pour your energy into them — you’re more focused than usual.
Mars enters your partnership sector today, dear Gemini, and this transit will last until March 17th, putting a lot of emphasis on partnering and teamwork. Your close significant relationships and partnerships are animated and lively during this period, taking on a competitive feel. If you are meeting with hostility or aggressiveness in people you meet or people you’re close with, consider whether you are projecting personal frustrations onto others, but draw the boundaries you need. This can be an animated, energized, passionate, and sometimes problematic period for close relationships. It can be a great time for finally dealing with problem areas in your relationships. There can be a lot of activity in the relationship department or your social life, and for some, an active time spent with counselors or other one-on-one situations. Perhaps most importantly, you are learning a lot about yourself and your desires and motivations through people in your life, who may be encouraging you to take action or get moving.
Fiery, confident, and competitive Mars now moves through your work and health sector until March 17th, dear Cancer, and you’re bringing more of these Mars qualities to your daily affairs, work, and wellness programs during this dynamic period. Work may be competitive now, but if you can set your own pace, you’ll get a whole lot done. This is a time for testing the effectiveness of your routines and habits and turning them around if need be. Daily life may speed up, and might at times be a little chaotic without careful management. For some of you, there is a larger workload to deal with, but for others, it may be due to increased motivation to take on more projects. Do your best not to overexert yourself. Also watch for conflicts with people you work or live with, as you can be working at a quicker pace. Otherwise, with energy channeled well, you can get a whole lot done. Today, however, your emotional need to unwind can conflict with these goals, but consider getting the extra rest you need.
Mars begins transiting in harmony with your sign today, dear Leo. This transit, lasting until March 17th, is a strong one for romance, entertainment, personal appeal, and the pursuit of pleasure. With Mars, there is always the possibility of raised passions, conflict, impatience, and impulsiveness, but when channeled well, you can feel quite enthusiastic and courageous. It’s a playful and expressive period. Your energy levels improve, and you tend to assert yourself with more success and ease. This can also be a good time for physical activity and competition in general. You are bound to put more energy into pleasure and play during this cycle! It’s a time for courageously pursuing your heart’s desire. Your direct approach tends to get you results. Today, the Moon moves into a more impersonal but friendly sector of your solar chart, and you may need to tone things down just for now.
Fiery Mars begins transiting your home and family sector today, dear Virgo, and will energize this area of your solar chart until March 17th. Expect a lot of extra energy for domestic matters going forward and possibly some conflicts if you don’t direct some of this extra energy into productive channels. Especially appropriate ones are work done ON the home or activities with family. Aim to enjoy extra time spent on improving your home life and consider ways to enhance your feelings of security and comfort. With Mars challenging your sign, you may need to work a little harder to achieve your goals in the coming weeks, but pushing through obstacles can be satisfying, too.
Fiery Mars begins its transit of your communications sector today and will continue to energize this area of your solar chart until March 17th, dear Libra. With this position, it can be easy to get fired up about your ideas, and just as easy to get excited and motivated about mental projects, interests, and learning pursuits. On the downside, there can be some impatience when people around you don’t seem to be catching on as fast as you, or catching up to your pace. Take advantage of this transit by pouring your energy into intellectual tasks, errands, making connections, and exploring new subjects if possible, as you can get a whole lot done now with passion and vigor. This influence can excite your mind, animate your daily life, and stimulate your nervous system at times! Tame impatience, and you’ll find this period excellent for discovering your intellectual passions and finding the courage to speak about what’s important to you.
Mars exits your sign today, dear Scorpio, and you’ll see some pressures to action subside. You’ll be more patient, and you’ll have less need for a hectic pace in your life. Mars now transits your resources sector until March 17th, and this cycle can see a lot of your energy directed into seeking out security, business endeavors, settling in, or building upon what you have. Coming first or initiating new projects is less compelling now, as you’d prefer to see things through. The drive to develop, increase, or improve your resources can be strong, but there can also be some tensions surrounding personal finances and possessions during this transit. Questions of ownership and values can emerge for quick handling. It’s a strong period for working through issues related to self-esteem.
Fiery, assertive, and courageous Mars enters your sign today, dear Sagittarius, and will stick with you until March 17th. Energy levels run high during this cycle, sometimes to excess, and it’s up to you how you manage and direct it all! Mars’ recent journey through your privacy sector likely pulled up some buried frustrations, but you may have felt you had few direct ways of releasing it all. Now, you’re more definite about what needs to be done, and you are more straightforward, direct, and forthright in your manner. It’s also a good period for romantic and creative attention. Pace yourself, but take action on things that matter to you most. You can get a whole lot done during this exciting transit, especially with a concurrent transit of Vesta in your sign helping you focus and channel your power.
With Mars now in Sagittarius until March 17th, your energy levels may be at a lower point, dear Capricorn. This is because Sagittarius is the sign just behind yours, and this cycle precedes the Mars in Capricorn period that begins on March 17th and represents a new beginning on an energetic level. While it’s a time of reorganizing and redirection, this transit is good for opportunities and will to take action on private or behind-the-scenes matters. A lot may be going on behind the scenes or on the inside that you’re not yet ready to share with others. You can experience unusual but compelling attractions and desires. There can be less clarity and apparent confidence displayed now, but this should not be considered a negative thing. In fact, it’s part of a natural energetic cycle, and this is a time for recharging yourself so that you can realign with your real, deep desires. You may need to lay to rest some plans or projects that have outgrown their purpose. Honor your needs for extra rest, meditation, privacy, and reflection.
Mars is now transiting your solar eleventh house, dear Aquarius, and there is more natural energy with you for moving your plans forward. This cycle that lasts until March 17th tends to bring teamwork into stronger focus, and it can also stimulate a desire to oversee and organize ambitious projects. It can be a busy period when your social life may be more demanding, and it can also be a time when you are especially motivated to create new long-term plans. In previous weeks while Mars was transiting your solar tenth house, there may have been quite a bit of pressure to push yourself with work or responsibilities, and now this pressure tends to subside considerably. If there have been competitive or difficult energies with friends that have been brewing under the surface of things, they’re likely to emerge so that you can clear the air during this cycle.
Mars moves to the top of your solar chart, dear Pisces, stimulating your ambitions and drive to get ahead, and will continue to energize this area of your chart until March 17th. This change brings a decidedly strong need to take action when it comes to fulfilling your responsibilities and pushing your professional interests forward. Impulsive moves and conflicts with authority may be problem areas from time to time during these seven weeks, however. Of course, you can also harness this energy and take advantage of it by pushing yourself just a little to do better. Not everything comes easily to you right now, but sometimes this extra push is precisely what you need. With Mars in charge of your income sector, this cycle also points to more confidence about your own value or worth, and possibly the pursuit of an income that reflects this. It may be a money peak, as well.
If You Were Born Today, January 26
As strong as you are at business and practical matters, you have a philosophical bent and love learning and sharing what you know with others. You are very personable and extroverted for the most part, enjoying good company and good conversation. Financial success is likely with both your people skills and your executive ability. You are active and a true individualist. Others readily follow your cause. You age gracefully, truly growing more and more comfortable in your skin. Famous people born today: Ellen DeGeneres, Eddie Van Halen, Eartha Kitt, Paul Newman, Gene Siskel, Wayne Gretzky.
Your Birthday Year Forecast:
With the Sun and Moon in harmony in your Solar Return chart, the year ahead should be satisfying and balanced overall. You are in comfortable demand and personally popular, and you are able to achieve a decent balance between work and play; personal and professional life. For the most part, you are on top of your game this year, and positive connections with others can be made fairly easily. With the ability to handle your emotions successfully, there is less stress on both your mind and body. Your self-confidence and positive attitude will reward you!
You have a stronger ability to direct your energies into meaningful activities this year. You’re in a fabulous position to pour concentrated energy into the pursuit of your desires or special ventures and activities.
You’re particularly charming in the year ahead, and you’re particularly proud of your relationships. It’s a strong year for strengthening your connections with others, both partnerships and friendships.
There can be a stronger tendency toward, or desire for, commitment and deep involvement in your relationships — you’re taking love seriously. There can be a willingness to make sacrifices if it seems the best way to make improvements in relationships and with money matters. You can be quite particular in your taste and good with money and savings.
Your ability to express yourself and to solve problems is enhanced this year. You may have opportunities to travel, and matters related to publishing, teaching, and writing should go especially well. You may find that you have the right information at the right time. You could also have big ideas and plans, as your mind is filled with ideas. Work, especially in communications, goes well. Relationships with young people may be particularly rewarding and positive. An optimistic attitude serves you very well, and the desire to expand your mind is strong. With greater receptivity to new ideas and perspectives, you are more likely to attract positive energies.
You are likely to be popular with others when it comes to your ideas and communications, especially as you are communicating with enthusiasm and cheerfulness, and this can bring rewarding experiences and opportunities into your life.
There may be a project, idea, or person that demands much of your attention or occupies much of your thoughts. It’s a strong year for any project or studies that require concentrated effort. You are especially resourceful.
You’re expressing and asserting yourself more naturally and confidently this year, which benefits all areas of life. Suppressed anger is more effectively released in creative ways. It is easier than ever to express your individuality in a manner that is true to you.
Your passions and enthusiasm run high in the period ahead, and you find it natural to channel this extra energy constructively. This is an excellent year for enterprising endeavors and new interests. You’re drawn instinctively to certain projects that have long-term value. It can be an especially creative, tuned-in year for self-expression, not only verbally but through hobbies, games, or sports. Even so, you’re especially charming and diplomatic, investing much in your relationships.
2018 is a Number Two year for you. Ruled by the Moon. This is a year of potential companionship. It is a quiet, gentle, and mostly harmonious year that is generally not as active than other years. Instead, you are more responsive to the needs of others. If you are patient and open yourself up in a gentle manner, you will attract what–and who–you want into your life now. This is an excellent year in which to build and develop for the future. Advice – be patient, be receptive, enjoy the peace, collect, develop, build, and attract.
2019 will be a Number Three year for you. Ruled by Jupiter. This is a year of sociability. It is a friendly time when you find it natural and easy to enjoy life and other people. The focus is on personal freedom, reaching out to others, making new friends, and exploration. You are more enthusiastic and ready for adventure than you are in other years. It’s likely to be a rather lighthearted year when opportunities for “play” time are greater than usual. It’s also a favorable year for expressing your creativity. Advice – reach out and connect but avoid scattering your energies.
Get A Jump On Tomorrow….
Your Daily Horoscopes for Saturday, January 27th
This is generally a good time for spreading your wings, reaching out, and making contact, dear Aries. Others appreciate your friendship, input, and company. Communications lord, Mercury, in hard aspect to Uranus in your sign can create some mental tension, however. Watch that you don’t rush through your work or express yourself too bluntly due to impatience. Your ideas are brilliant now, but they may need some fleshing out before they have real-world value. A strong desire to get work done may compete with a sudden urge to be a free spirit. Issues surrounding career, business, interactions with those in authority, reputation, and life path can be exciting, but subject to pressure, rushing, and off-timing. Try not to succumb to pressures to produce an idea or a project so quickly that you skip steps.
This is a time for receiving increased attention and admiration, particularly on a professional or public level, dear Taurus. Others may be appreciating you for your performance or commitment. It’s quite easy to get yourself into a favorable light these days! Today, a Mercury-Uranus challenge can point to some elements that seem random or out of your control, however. It can be a time when outspokenness leads to a rash of problems. You may even rebel against your own plans today. However, you’re encouraged to think outside the box and break a few boundaries on a mental level, so be sure to entertain some new ideas, just consider waiting to finalize plans or decisions.
Personal appeal is strong these days, dear Gemini, and you’re likely to feel a nice sense of hopefulness about a matter. Energy with you today is generally warm and positive, but with your ruler, Mercury, in challenging aspect with Uranus, there can be some tensions and aggravations to deal with if you feel rushed or pressured. You may be seeking a serious conversation, but others are just not into it right now. Or, frustrations in a relationship may be verbalized impulsively. It’s also entirely possible that social distractions are loud and you’re having a hard time sticking to the task. An unrecognized desire for change can spur a comment that upsets the apple cart. Aim to stay flexible and open to a turnaround or shift in focus at a moment’s notice.
This is a good day for compromise or mutually beneficial agreements in a relationship, dear Cancer. However, there can be some disruptions before you get to this point. Differences in point of view can be difficult to overlook. Your ideas may very well be golden and undoubtedly unique, but others may not be catching on quite yet. You might want to wait until you’ve got it all figured out before sharing your more significant and important ideas. Some of you may feel torn between a desire to do your own thing and a desire to include someone in your plans and decisions. Rushing leads to mistakes today, so pace yourself. Try to sort out your own feelings, as it can be a little tricky to distinguish them from what others feel about you these days.
You are especially proud of your work, services, dedication, or health pursuits now, dear Leo. You have a stronger desire than usual for harmony on the job or in your daily affairs, but there can be some unexpected events that temporarily throw you off track today. Your thoughts often turn to the details of your life and the parts that make up the whole these days, and this usually benefits you. Even so, today you may feel overwhelmed with things to do or with problems and flaws you see due to a Mercury-Uranus square. There may be schedule changes, surprise news, or other interruptions to deal with, and ideas coming to you now can be inspired but not yet mature. With all that’s distracting you today, watch that you don’t jump to conclusions, decisions, or statements!
People are finding you especially fun and interesting now, dear Virgo, but today there can be some changes of mind or plans to deal with that keep you on your toes. Aim to establish your priorities and tackle them first today. Plot twists and interruptions are more likely than usual with Mercury, your ruler, in challenging aspect to rebellious Uranus. This may be about your inner rebel wanting to mix things up, or it could be that choices are a little more challenging to make due to conflicting desires and ideas. Others might be taking your playful words the wrong way or the feedback you receive right now feels abrupt and unnecessary. Seek out the intrinsic rewards for what you do. Creative ideas can be inspired and unusual, but not yet well-formed, so take note and aim to come back to them later when you’re not as frazzled.
You’re seeking out more harmony and enjoyment in your domestic life these days, dear Libra, and this desire stands out today. Even with possible disconnects now, your ability to smooth over rough edges can win the day. Nevertheless, it can be a little challenging to unwind with Mercury and Uranus in conflict. Tricks to get around this involve considering ways to update traditions rather than attempting to cling to old ones if they’re causing problems. Stubbornness can only lead to troubles. Ideas and news may be interesting and exciting, but perhaps uprooting as well. Changes of schedule, interruptions, or offhand remarks may ultimately lead to refreshing detours, even if they’re perceived as annoying at first.
These days are excellent for attracting positive attention for your ideas, advice, or communication style, dear Scorpio, and you can bring pizzazz and creativity to your work or projects now. Surprising detours from the usual routine are likely today, however, with Mercury and Uranus clashing. These may be a little jarring at first but can lead to fun and, ultimately, useful discoveries. Watch for communicating about a matter too soon or without enough context, and consider letting new ideas incubate a while longer before going all in with them since this aspect tends to spur rash decisions and choices. Both personal interests and duties are demanding your attention, which can lead to scattered energy. Don’t settle for half-baked, and you’ll be in great shape now.
You can have a stronger than usual desire for comfort, pleasure, and coziness now, dear Sagittarius, and you’re likely to find these things, but you may be dealing with some changes of plans or a bit of chaos today. A scattered feel to the day is possible with Mercury and Uranus in conflict. This influence can generate inspired thinking, particularly surrounding money and business, but something’s incomplete. Big decisions should be made later, and large purchases should probably wait, too. The appeal of entertainment or romantic splurges can be high right now but could interfere with recent efforts to be conservative and organized with your money. You may be battling equally strong needs for time away from the hectic pace of life, and for mental stimulation and contact. However, you’re in a great position to enjoy entirely new perspectives on matters, so let the wheels turn but take your time coming to conclusions.
This can be a wonderful time for enjoying your earnings or for doing a bit of splurging, dear Capricorn. You’re in the mood to enjoy yourself, and you deserve it! A Mercury-Uranus square influencing the day can point to plot twists or interruptions, however, that require some adjustments. Of course, sometimes these kinds of surprises can lead to incredible new ideas. Keep your mind open and stay flexible for best results now, as stubbornness can lead to frustrations. You might change your mind entirely about a matter by day’s end, and this can be a great change of direction. Ideas generated today can be inspired, but not yet well-rounded, so entertain them but aim to spend more time working out the details. There can be a scattered feeling on a mental level, and ideas can be raw but worth a second look.
You have more impact than usual on a personal level now, dear Aquarius, and your most charming and appealing traits are in the spotlight. You could be feeling amorous and rather desirous as well. However, you can also be dealing with some up-in-the-air elements such as changes of schedule or surprising news. You may change your mind abruptly, which calls for detours or plan changes. It’s probably best to avoid offhand comments with Mercury in your privacy zone in conflict with Uranus in your communications sector. Preserving a secret may require extra effort now. You might also have troubles with continuity of thought for the time being. Save the bigger work or decisions for a less scattered day.
You might enjoy recognition or reward for past actions, a pleasant surprise from the past, or good feelings and happiness experienced in your inner or private world today, dear Pisces. However, there can be some miscommunications or abruptness with your discoveries, thoughts, and conversations. Others can change plans at the last minute, and this affects you, but it’s also possible that you quickly change your mind on a matter.Avoid jumping to conclusions or speech before you’ve thought about what you honestly feel and believe, but do pay attention to ideas that seem to come out of the blue today. While they may be a little raw for now, they’re probably quite inspired. Life is a bit unpredictable now, but you’re adaptable and willing to enjoy the surprises involved.
Tarot Card of the Day
Three of Wands
This suit, most often called “Wands” and sometimes called “Rods” or “Staves,” represents initiative, ambition, drive and desire. This is the suit of enterprise and risk-taking.
A Three in this suit symbolizes an inner balance that allows you to feel more optimistic about new endeavors you are committed to, or want to commit to. In the illustrated Tarots, the human character is standing on his balcony, watching ships leave the harbor, loaded with his goods for far-off ports, dreaming of the fortune he will reap if all goes well. Summon the optimism within you.
This energy must be patient and trusting, because he or she will have to wait some time to find out how the ships have fared. Meanwhile, a lot of resources are tied up until they return with the bounty. Only those truly confident in their ideas and abilities would undertake such a risk. This card represents the energy a person needs to take on great adventures and accomplish noble (and remunerative) deeds.
A detail that sometimes appears in the more esoteric Tarots is a winged wand with two snakes twining around it, called the Caduceus, which is Mercury’s wand. This is an ancient symbol of the healer or shaman, one who can travel between the worlds to rescue souls from death or possession. Perhaps the feeling of empowerment this card represents points to the internal mechanisms of self-healing. Perhaps it refers to the courage it takes to be an entrepreneur or an inventor, which is in itself a magical process — bringing not only opportunity for success, but also an awakening to higher potentials.
Your Love Tarot Card of the Day
Your Erotic Tarot Card of the Day
Psychic Tip of the Day
A romantic entanglement is changing the very nature of how every one sees you and who you truly are. Could you see any of this coming during that first flirtation?
Your Daily Rune for Today
“Thor-is-as” – Literally: “Thurses” or “Giants” – Esoteric: Strong one, Resistance
Key Concepts: Unconscious forces, sociological forces, Thor, Loki as giant, chaos, destruction by natural forces, complexities of aggression, conflicts, disputes, psychological problems, lightning, breakthrough, aggressive male sexuality, battering down barriers, thorn of awakening, trouble, enthusiasm
Psi: enthusiasm, struggle against unconsciousness, male sexual prowess
Energy: enthusiasm, self-empowerment, chaos, active defensive force, breaker of resistance, destructive storms
Mundane: storms, tools, weapons, conflict
Divinations: Reactive force, directed force, vital eroticism, regenerative catalyst, constructive conflict; or danger, defenselessness, compulsion, betrayal, dullness, disease, explosive violence, annoyance, strife
Destruction of enemies, curses binds and fetters
Awakening of the will to action
Breaking resistance of blockages in body, mind and spirit
Increased potency and prowess in romantic relationships
Understanding of the division and separation of all things
Aiming the use of psychic force
The combination of right/left brain processes for generating powerful realization
Your Animal Spirit Guide for Today
Crack the Cookie
The Words of Confucius
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
Your Earth Sky News for Jan. 26th – Moon near former pole star January 26
Tonight – January 26, 2018 – the waxing gibbous moon passes in the vicinity of Aldebaran, an ex-pole star, a famous zodiac star and the brightest star in the constellation Taurus the Bull.
If you live in northwestern North America, you can watch the moon occult – cover over – Aldebaran for a portion of the night on this date. Aldebaran will disappear behind the moon’s dark side and reappear on its illuminated side. So the disappearance will probably be easier to spot than the reappearance.
Click here if you’re in northwestern North America and want to know the occultation times. You must convert Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) to your local time (PST = UTC-8 hours; Alaska = UTC-9 hours). For your convenience, we give the local time that Aldebaran disappears behind the moon’s dark limb for Seattle, Washington (January 27 at 3:13 a.m. local time) and Anchorage, Alaska (January 27 at 1:54 a.m. local time).
The rest of us will see Aldebaran near the moon on this date. It’s a wonderful time to learn to identify this star, even though you might have to squint a bit to see it in the moon’s glare.
Aldebaran is a bright reddish star, a good star to come to know. Did you know that Aldebaran is also a former pole star? It’s true, and it’s a fascinating story.
Many people know that Polaris is the present-day North Star, but few know that Aldebaran reigned as the North Star some 450,000 years ago.
What’s more, Aldebaran appeared several times brighter in the sky then than it does now. Plus – 450,000 years ago – Aldebaran shone very close to the very bright star Capella on the sky’s dome. In that distant past, these two brilliant stars served as a double pole star in the astronomical year -447,890 (447,891 BC).
At this point, we should probably insert a note about astronomical dating. In ancient times, there was no zero year, so the year AD 1 followed the year 1 BC. However, present-day astronomical calculating is made simpler by equating the astronomical year 0 with the year 1 BC. Thus, the astronomical year -1 corresponds to 2 BC and the astronomical year -2 corresponds to 3 BC. And so on . . .
But back to Aldebaran and Capella as dual pole stars. The identity of the pole star shifts over time, due to the 26,000-year cycle of precession. To read more about that, click into this article about Thuban, another former pole star.
Still, how can it be, you might wonder, that the stars Aldebaran and Capella were once so near each other on the sky’s dome? They’re not especially close together now. Aren’t the stars essentially fixed relative to one another? The answer is that, yes, on the scale of human lifespans, the stars are essentially fixed. But the stars are actually moving through space, in orbit around the center of the galaxy. In our solar system, galaxy, and universe … everything is always moving. So the sky looked different hundreds of thousands of years ago than it does today.
So watch for Aldebaran near the moon tonight, and think back to 450,000 years ago, when Aldebaran and Capella teamed up together to serve as Earth’s double north pole star!*
*Source: Page 363 of Mathematical Astronomy Morsels V by Jean Meeus
Bottom line: Will you see Aldebaran in the moon’s glare on January 26, 2018? Plus … the story of Aldebaran when it was part of a double pole star.
Bruce McClure has served as lead writer for EarthSky’s popular Tonight pages since 2004. He’s a sundial aficionado, whose love for the heavens has taken him to Lake Titicaca in Bolivia and sailing in the North Atlantic, where he earned his celestial navigation certificate through the School of Ocean Sailing and Navigation. He also writes and hosts public astronomy programs and planetarium programs in and around his home in upstate New York.
Published on EarthSky
Laws of the Craft (The Ardaynes)
The Laws (also called the Virtues, The Ordains or The Ardaynes) are important to many neo-pagans and eclectic Wiccans. While each Wiccan group and individual are autonomous, they have the interlinking respect and function of the Laws to bring the tradition together as a whole. Security is given in adherence to the Laws, and the belief that if one obeys the Laws and is sworn to the Laws, that they can be trusted with “Perfect Trust”. The laws guide our actions, and give us guidance on behavior, both as an individual, a group, a Coven and as a Tradition.
The New Book of the Law is a published by Lady Galadriel. It is an excellant “rule book” for those looking for a tested ethical and group working system when they form a group or Coven. These obviously won’t have much application to those of us who are Solitaries. I’ve also included two other Ardayne-like writings from Scott Cunningham called The Nature of Our Way and The Law of Power which are oriented more towards the Solitary Practitioner.
1. The Laws were created to give our lives form and order, that all might be balanced throughout all of the planes. In truth there are two sets of laws which govern us — one sets forth the ways of the Wiccan, and the other the ways of the Universe. Both are important, both should be observed with respect and treated with honor. The Laws were shaped and molded to teach us, to advise us, and to counsel us in our time of mortal life on earth.
2. Honor the Gods, for They are the channels and the manifestation of the Source. Honor yourself, for this force also lies within you. Love the Gods as They love you, and by loving yourself and your brothers and sisters, so the Gods shall honor you. As the love and joy of a man and a woman [or “lover and beloved” — LAH] flowers and grows when nurtured with respect, and cultivated with understanding and honor, so should you love the Gods.
3. The Goddess is the Great Mother, and the God is the Great Father, and we are Their children; and we shall worship Them, for They are the rulers of the Universe, and all that is therein. Therefore, O Children of the Gods, try Them not, nor attempt to test Them, for They shall show you that he Ways of the Craft are not to be belittled or mocked.
4. Let the Power of the Craft flow from you only in love — or not at all. For it has always been known that the energy webs which we weave and maintain shall eventually return to encircle their creator. Thus our works become either the net which entagles and binds us, or the web of light by which we find the Gods.
5. Let the Rites of the Wicca be a way for the children of the Gods to be as One — for Power only flows when unified. Always should you revere the Earth, and heal and tend Her, for She is our life, our Mothership, on which we navigate the dark currents of space.
6. When you reap the harvests of your lands, then you shall not reap one corner of the field, nor glean the herb gardens, or the fallen fruits of the orchards. These you shall offer to the Earth Mother, in direct return, or through offerings made to your Circle, or to sustain its Priests and Priestesses.
7. Always be proud to be of the Wicca, but do not allow your pride to become vanity — for those who are conceited are a stubling block at the door of the Temple, and they shall be cast adrift, to swim within their own vanity.
8. Observe and listen, reserving your judgement, for until all the silver is weighed, who can know the worth thereof?
9. As like breeds like, even more so does good beget love and joy. Your life will be full of love and joy if you are joyful and happy.
10. Your teachers are the servants of the Gods, and they shall plant the seeds of knowledge within the minds of their students, and they shall use their power for the good of the Wicca. Yet it is each individual’s duty to tend the seeds which are planted, and to make the final harvest. Those who misuse the power and the trust of the teacher’s position shall have to answer to the Lords of Karma, and adjust the balance accordingly.
11. The Temples of the Gods, which are Their abode on Earth, shall belong to all Their children, and each Circle shall be as a special family. Do naught against any Temple or any family of the Wicca, lest you do that thing unto the Gods, and against yourself.
12. You must not be a teller of tales amongst the children of the Goddess, and you must hold no malice or evil thoughts towards others of the Wicca.
13. You should not lie, nor give false testimony before your Elders, or those who are of the Wicca — for liars are fools, and a menace unto themselves, and to the Wicca. Be truthful in all your works and deeds, especially within the Circle, for what you say within the presence of the Gods becomes manifest.
14. You must not put stumbling blocks in the way of those who do not follow the Path of the Wicca. You must make no unrighteous judgements of their ways, and you should aid them with an attitude of love when it is asked for. Yet ever should you keep the Counsel of the Elders, and reveal naught to others of where our Circles may be, nor may you reveal our ways without the consent of the Priestess.
15. When you make a vow to the Lord or the Lady, or you swear an oath to another of the Wicca, then you must do all that has come forth from your mouth, for a covenant with the Gods, or with the Wicca, is your Honor, and woe to those who care not for the fetters they attach to their souls by not keeping their word.
16. The Great Mother and Father would not have their children suffer the indignities of oppressors for their sake, for what is within the hearts of Their children is dear and true to Them. The Ancient and Mighty Ones shall cause the balance to be made for those who desecrate the Lord and Lady, Their temples, or Their creations.
17. Never shall you use Magick, nor the Craft, to cause harm, for this is misuse of the Power, and it is not to be condoned. To cause the death of another through the Craft is to require the death of the Self in sacrifice.
18. Never betray any of the brethren, nor the lore of our people, for you are all servants of the Gods, and must live by the virtues of love, honor and wisdom. Let truth, loyalty and honor be your creed. Let them be your guides, tempered by love and wisdom.
19. The Order of the Gods shall you keep, and within Their Circles shall you walk. You should not say “I believe” when you doubt, nor claim to obey the Lord and Lady’s word when you never enter into the Temple. You must not profess with your lips that which is not in your heart.
20. Do not use the names of the Gods in negative or evil ways, for They love and cherish Their children above all others. All others They love, even those who know them not. Yet those who hate and curse in Their name shall have the Mighty Ones take the measure of their worth.
21. In any disputes between the children of the Goddess, no one may invoke any laws but those of the Craft, or any tribunal but that of Priestess, Priest, and Elders.
22. No one of the Wicca may do anything which will endagner the Craft, nor bring any of the Wicca into conflict with the Law of the Land, or with any of our persecutors.
23. Your magickal tools are channels to that which is most precious and pure within you. Do not cheapen them by haggling their price when you acquire them.
24. Never accept money for the use of the Power. It is sorcerors and charlatans who accept money for their spells and prayers. If you accept no money, you will be free from the temptation to use the Craft for evil or unworthy causes.
25. You shall never take unduly from any human, animal or elemental that which is not yours to take — for if you steal from another, in the end you will have to sacrifice something dearer to you in order to attain the balance.
26. Show honor to all people, that they may look up to you, and respect you, and their eyes shall become a mirror for your soul.
27. Those who are of the Wicca shall not own slaves, for one person may not own the spirit of another, for only the Great Mother and Father own our souls. Nor shall you take as a pledge any person’s life, for to do so is to take upon yourself both a mill and a millstone.
28. If a stranger sojourns with you, you shall do them no wrong; they shall be as one of the Circle, born amongst ye, and you shall deal with them as you would yourself.
29. Just weights and just balances shall be given by you, and just value shall you give, and thereby receive threefold.
30. Your altars shall be kept clean, pure and holy, and all that is brought into the Temple or the Circle shall be cleansed and blessed, for the joy of the Gods, and of the Wicca.
31. A clean mind should have a clean body. You should keep your body, your clothes, and your house clean, in honor of the Mother, who gives these things to you.
32. Let none die without honor, without love, without respect, unless their actions have decreed otherwise.
33. You should not couple together if it shall cause pain, jealousy or deprivation to another by doing so. Union for malice or evil reasons such as these upsets the balance, and the Lords of the Universe shall make adjustments accordingly.
34. Let those who would love, and would be as one, and bear child, be handfasted. For the sharing of love in this manner is beauteous, and love’s union in the energy of the Gods, and the heritage of the child. It is important for children to know and to identify with those who brought them here.
35. The Law of the Goddess is that none of the Wicca shall take and wed someone who they do not love, whether it is to harm another, or for some form of material gain.
36. Remember that your children are Goddess-spawned, and are free spirits. You do not own nor control them. They are your brethren, come to visit for a while, that they may share in the vision of your love and wisdom. Let each parent realize that although they may teach and guide with love, the child shall also teach the parent, and aid them in their growth and lesson
37. The etheric web and energy vortexes of the earth are in constant flux and motion to adjust to the needs of the planet. The sacred trust of the Wicca is to create and to maintain centers of light and knowledge, using the magick of the divine spark within us to focus and channel the forces of the Universal fire. And these are the channels established between the worlds of the stars and the realms of the earth, bringing in and regulating the spirit flames which energize and activate all life forms. Thus we tend and guard the threads of creation, and we weave the patterns of life and manifestation in an ever-evolving tapestry.
38. Never use your heritage or position for self-glorification or gain. Respect your magick and our ways. We must always recognize that while others may look to us to lead them, they too are our guides.
39. Keep yor body strong, your mind keen, and your purpose pure, for within your being you shall channel the Power, and it needs to be strong and pure. And these are the keys to the path of Oneness, and to communication with the Gods. Yet first you must learn to speak to Them in such a manner as They can comprehend you. For the children of the Wicca must aid the Gods, and work with Them, otherwise the Gods cannot aid and work with you. Ever remember that the Priest and Priestess are the living representatives of the God and Goddess Forces, and likewise that all humans carry these forces within them, though they may lie dormant and unawakened.
40. As the Great Mother and Father come unto one another and create with the pure vibration of Love-Wisdom, so should you strive to make your Temple pure in vibration, and thus a fitting place wherein you may invite the Gods. Thus, your Circle should always be duly purified and cast, and likewise, those who would use the gateways and travel the Circle between the earth and other realms should also be duly prepared and purified.
41. The Goddess hath said, “I shall not carry thee, yet neither shall I hinder thee, nor keep thee from having the same opportunities as all of my children. Thou art free, yet thou shalt not be coddled like babes in the storm. If thou hast true devotion within thee, then all obstacles may be overcome.”
42. The laggard is but half a person — and though half is better than none, the whole is twice as good as the half. Those who do not work, or who lack the will and desire to learn the ways of the Gods, unto them is said, “The Ancient and Mighty Ones shall not keep thee within their house, if ye learneth not.”
43. A sanctuary you shall make unto the Gods, that They may dwell amongst you. And you shall fashion it to the best of your ability, according to all tha your Elders shall show you, and pure energy shall you place therein.
44. An altar shall you make to unto the Lady, and you shall make due reverence unto Her, for every place where She is exalted, She will come to you and bless you. And you shall fashion your altar out of wood or stone, and burn incense and candles thereon, at the proper times, in observance of her ways.
45. You should set aside at least one day during each moon unto the Goddess, and on these days you shall do Her work; and on those days She shall renew Her children and bless them.
46. Learn to build your own Temple, and to craft your own sacred Circle, and all the tools that are used therein — for to be a person of the Craft is to be a person of consequence.
47. Let each of you inscribe your own record of our ways and teachings. For the course of each Wiccan should be charted, that the patterns of their life-web may be made known and utilized. Let each Wiccan start their Book of Light with the teachings and lore of their tradition, yet let it also contain the rites and ways of each individual, which are the harvest of each child of the Wicca, to use the wisdom of their heritage as the seeds of their own wisdom. Thus shall our lore and knowledge continue to grow and unfold, like a beautiful flower.
48. It is right to study and to understand the sigils, statues and stories of the Gods, for they shall guide your thoughts to Them, and They shall hear them. Yet you must ever remember that you worship not the sign nor the statue, but the Gods which inspired them.
49. If your Circle owns any land, let all guard it, and help to keep it clean. Let all justly guard all monies of the Circle, as well as the rights and property of all members of the Circle.
50. If any Wiccan truly labors, then it is right that they should have their just pay. This is not considered the taking of money for the Art, but good and honest work. Yet if any Wiccan works willingly for the good of the Craft, or for their brothers and sisters without pay, then it is to their greatest honor.
51. If any Wiccan should deny themselves some pleasure or material indulgence in order to do service in the Circle, this person shall be blessed and remembered. For those who give for the greater good of all shall have their spirit uplifted.
52. Know also that if you gift the Lady’s Priests and Priestesses, or Her Circles, this is an offering made unto the Mother Herself, for a true Priest or Priestess strives always to do Her work, and to be of service to Her children, so to honor and respect them is to honor and respect the Queen of All.
53. And the offerings which are considered the most pleasing to the Gods are these: the fruits of the orchards the scents of the trees and herbs the metals of the earth the waters of the earth the flowers of the meadows and the milk of all mothers. Yet offerings of labor or money are honest too, and these will also be accepted — moreso if you work with love in your heart, for always there is work to be done for the Gods, and service to be given to the children of the Wicca.
54. If your offerings are made to restore the balance, it must by of a nature that it not offensive to the Gods. It must be of value, yet given with a free heart. Thus shall the harmony be restored. If your offerings are given with a heart filled with love and devotion, or are of service to the Gods, or to the Craft, then shall you receive blessings manifold.
55. And when you make an offering unto the Gods, you should offer it thru the most proper medium, at the proper times, and in such a manner as to make it acceptable. Any and all remains of the rituals shall be consumed in the fire, or buried within the Earth, as a way of returning to the Source all that we use in the observance of our ways, thus ensuring the continuity of the cycle.
56. All may use the Craft to help and aid them, or for the advantage of their Circle, or the Craft — yet only if you are sure that you harm none. Let each Wiccan and Circle always debate these matters at length. Only if all be satisfied that none be harmed in any way, may the Art then be used. If it is not possible to achieve your ends one way, then perhaps the goal may be achieved by actng in a different way, so as to harm none.
57. Throughout the world it has been many a year since Wiccans have been burned. Yet misuse of the Power might raise the persecutions once again. So never break the Laws, however much you might be tempted, and never consent to their being broken. And if you know they are being broken, then you must work strongly against it.
58. In days of old it was decided by the Mighty Ones who came before us that the Art might be used to restrain others from harming the Craft or its children, yet only after great consultation with all members of the Circle, and only then to deflect or to constrain them.
59. And such were the ways of the Lady that She brought us forth in joy, and such were the Ways of the Lord that His reign gave all life pleasure. Offer love in your worship and all shall be joyous in beauty.
60. In the dimly remembered dawn of ages past, the Wicca were truly free. Then, in Atlantis came the Age of the Misuse of Power, followed by the Ages of Persecution and Suffering. Thus the people of the Wicca hid themselves and cloaked their knowlege, and wove veils of secrecy and silence. And this is how the Ways of the Wicca have been preserved through the time of darkness. Yet much of the ways of our people were lost to the ignorance of others.
61. Yet the cycle spirals ever on — and the Age of the Earth Mother once again draws nigh. We must be strong — one with our birthright, and one with our Gods, if we are to bring forth the balance. Those who would harm us, or attempt to enslave us, we must overcome — yet only through light and love, and never through violence or the evil of chaos. And through our efforts the time of our people will come into being once more. In the times which lie ahead, there lies much work to be done, so that once more the cycles of life are drawn to the path of light, and the balance acheived through the power of love.
62. In order to bring the ways of Light and Love and Life to the peoples of the Earth, our secrets are slowly becoming secrets no more, and it is good that this is so — for the age of shadow and secrecy is passing. Yet the sharing of our ways needs always to be guided by wisdom and by love. Let our rites and our mysteries be kept sacred. Let no one defile our worship or our heritage. For the defilement of our ways is an honor loss to self, and for the Craft.
63. Let each High Priestess govern her Circle with justice and Love, and with the help and advice of the Elders and the High Priest, always heeding the messages of the Gods when they come.
64. Ever remember that although the Priest is the force with which the Circle is built, the Priestess is the ruler therein — for it is through her that the Goddess created the world, and all things therein.
65. The High Priestess will heed all complaints of all Pagans and Wiccans, and strive to settle any differences between them with reason and with justice.
66. Let each Circle of Light decide how it shall be known — whether by earthly name or magickal one. For each child of the Wicca knows best the safety or dangers of their homeland.
67. Let each Circle or Temple maintain and dedicate unto the Goddess and the God all the things that are required for Their rituals, for what is blessed in the name of the Gods rightly belongs to Them, and the Priest and Priestess shall be the caretakers thereof.
68. Anyone of the circle who is of sufficient rank, and wishes to form a new Circle, shall tell the High Priestess and the Elders of their intentions. Members of the old Circle may join the new Circle when it is formed, but if they do so they must leave the other Circle, unless otherwise instructed. For it is the Old Law that each Wiccan may join the Circle of their choice, yet their energy should not be divided between two or more Temples.
69. The Elders of the old and new Circles shall meet in peace and with respect, to decide the level of interaction and connection between the Circles. Yet it is known that the splitting of a Circle often means strife. So only if it is truly in a spirit of peace and harmony should the Circles meet for the celebration of the Great Festivals.
70. None shall enter the Circle that have a sickness or an ailment which may be passed on to the Lady’s other children — for to do so causes harm to yourself, as well as to the others of the Circle. Rather should the Healers go unto the sick one, that through the love of the Gods they shall be made well and whole once more.
71. It has been judged lawful that if any of the Craft need a house, or land, and none will sell, to incline someone’s mind so as to be willing to sell, providing it harms none and the full price is paid without haggling.
72. In the matter of quarrels or disputes between the members of the Circle, the High Priestess shall convene the Council, and inquire into the matter. The Council shall hear each person privately, and then both together. And they shall decide justly, not favoring one side nor the other.
73. If an agreeable resolution cannot be reached, then that Wiccan must leave the Circle, for a Circle of Light cannot be properly formed where there is disagreement and discord. And when a Circle is not properly formed, the energy within is either dissipated, or turns ugly, festering like a hidden sore. So let them leave, but only with love in their hearts and yours, for even though your paths may diverge, you are still all children of the Wicca, and there must be no violence between us. Bear no grudges, hold no thoughts of vengeance, for this will rot away the foundation of your power.
74. It has ever been recognized that there are some people who can never agree to work under any others. At the same time there are also people who cannot rule justly. To those who must ever be chief there is but one answer: “Void this Circle, and seek another one, or if ye be of sufficient rank, then form a Circle of your own.” To those who cannot rule justly, the answer shall be “Those who cannot bear your rule will leave you.” For none may come to Circle with those with whom they are at variance, for to do so angers the Gods, and hinders the Craft.
75. Those that do wrong without knowlege shall be held innocent; those that do wrong through carelessness shall be judged lacking in wisdom, and dealt with according to the nature of the transgression. Those who do wrong with deliberation and forethought shall be thrice punished, and the Lords of Karma shall lay low their pride.
76. Each person must make a balance for their words and actions, and the judgements of the Elders should incline to try to make good come from the injustice or wrong-doing. Many are the ways to restore the balance, so let the judgements of the Elders and the Priestess be in keeping with this.
77. Do not turn aside those who seek the ways of the Wicca for the want of an offering or the lack of a robe. You are the servants of the Gods, and the servants of Their people, and those that seek for the Gods you must aid in their quest.
78. Of those who would inquire as to the ways of the Goddess, or who wish to become of the Wicca, ye shall search their hearts, and even into their spirits you shall look, as you are able. For the Wicca do not look to acquire mere numbers. Let none be turned away if their hearts are true, and their desire earnest.
79. The hidden children are like the strings of a harp: each one may give a clear note, and when gathered together in sympathy and accord, they shall give rise to a beautiful symphony. Yet when struck without reason or thought, these notes may cause discord or disharmony. Therefore the Gods decree to Their Teachers and Priests that all must be taught to master their harp, and to pluck their strings with care, that they cause no discord or imbalance.
80. Choose the Priests and Teachers of the Wicca with diligence and with care. The qualities that you should search for within them are Faith, Belief, Knowledge, Ability, Patience, Leadership, Humility, and a loving nature — for they must lead and teach the children of the Goddess, and will thereby have the power to do great good, or to cause great imbalance.
81. In practice it should be that the greatest of the Priests and Priestesses should guide the rituals within each of the Temples of the Old Gods, and truly you should be content with the advice and guidance given by them. Yet ever it should be given so that it is clear and understandable, for within the Temple each of the Wicca is free, and thus they should be able to recognize and to understand our ways and their implications. And those who cannot explain the inner workings, or give just cause and reason for their decisions, may be questioned, or the wisdom of the advice weighed.
82. Let the Priestess and Priest lead as long as they are able, and their leadership be wise and strong, and to the benefit of the Wicca. Yet if their health is ill-favored, or if the next generation needs to try their hand, then let them have the vision and the wisdom to step away from their position, and pass the duties of the Circle t o another. Let them not become overly attached to the office, nor too fond of the power.
83. If a Priestess or a Priest should tire of their duties and charges, then they may step down, but only after having trained and acknowledged a successor. If a Priest or Priestess deserts their Circle, then they have lost the right to ever lead again within this life, so great a trust they have broken. If they should return to the Circle within one turn of the Wheel, and are judged to have true atonement in their hearts, new insight and growth, then they may be forgiven, and allowed to return to the Circle, yet they shall worship only, and hold no office or title. Leadership is a sacred commitment and an honor, and they have shown that they cannot be trusted with such responsibility.
84. Any Priestess, Priest, or Elder who consents to a breach of the Laws regarding the use of the Craft to cause harm to others must immediately be relieved of their office, for it is the lives of the children of the Goddess which they endanger, as well as the honor of the Craft.
85. The High Priestess may take a Sabbatical from her Circle, if her personal life and duties require it, for up to a year and a day. During that time, the Maiden shall act as High Priestess. If the High Priestess does not return at the end of a year and a day, then the Initiates of the Circle shall name a new Priestess. Unless there is good reason to the contrary, the person who has done the work of the Priestess should reap the reward. If someone else is named, then the Maiden should continue in that office.
86. Each Priestess and Priest shall choose their own consorts, yet let them be wise in the learning of our people, and thus others shall abide by the wisdom of their choice. Yet if the Circle feels the decision is ill-advised, or that they cannot abide and work in honor and trust with that consort, then they may request a gathering of all concernted to meet and to talk, and to resolve the balance with love and honor. For only those who are pure and strong, keen and wise, patient and loving, can effectively and properly carry out the duties of a Keeper of the Circle.
87. Those of the Priesthood shall not neglect their mates, or their children, or their house, nor anything which is in their possession; nor shall the sick and the needy be neglected for the sake of the Circle. Therefore let them adjust the one thing against the other, that neither should suffer, and that which is given by the Gods is treated with love and respect.
88. Long ago, at the time of Creation, it was deemed that the female should hold the power of life-giving. And such was the male force drawn to the love and beauty of the Creation of life, that he surrenders unto her keeping the force of his powers in the furtherance of life. Yet the Priestess must always remember that the fuel of the flames which light the fires within her Temple comes from the Priest. Thus she must use the force wisely, and only with love, and she must honor and respect he who is the activator of the Life Force.
A Little Humor for Your Day
You Know It’s Been One of Those Days When…..