Adapted from The Phoenix Cards, by Susan Sheppard (Inner Traditions, 1990).
A great deal of romance and intrigue surrounds the early Celts and their beliefs.
It is believed that the Celts may have originated around the Caspian Sea near Iran or in Kazakh, a province of Russia. Some have noted that there are striking similarities between the religious beliefs, laws, and languages of the Celts and those of the more ancient Hindus of India. After their arrival in Ireland, the Celts divided themselves into three classes: the Farmers, The Warriors, and The Druids.
There are mysterious connections between the Celts and many other indigenous peoples. Do you have Celtic heritage? Or do you feel a spiritual affinity with the Celts? Check out these personality traits:
These characteristics are generally true of those with Celtic leanings or heritage:
* You have tremendous insight into the psychology of others.
* Your understanding of human nature makes you especially perceptive, and potentially a gifted psychic.
* Your abilities tend to be more of an intuitive understanding of the motivation of others.
* You find your highest inspiration in the rhythms of nature.
* You are attracted to beautiful or unusual stones.
* You love a good story, whether it be in the listening or the telling.
* You are sensitive to both of the polarities that live inside of you. You naturally understand the concept of androgyny or unixsexualism, and recognize that you have both masculine and feminine traits.
* Although you may be mentally oriented, you are attracted to sensuality.
* You are a powerful, transformative individual. You realize that in order to bring positive change in our outer world, an idea must first be born within.