DRESSING A CANDLE FOR RITUAL
1. Chose type and color of candle appropriate for ritual.
2. Cleanse the candle of prior energies: you may use water, salt, pure soap, or baby oil (all previously blessed and consecrated.)
3. Bless and consecrate oil to be used, appropriate to ritual.
4. State and engrave (if you wish) what the candle is to represent.
5. Anoint the candle with oil and focus on desire (purpose of ritual.)
a. For ritual of achievement: anoint oil from the top of the candle to the middle in a downward motion, then from the bottom of the candle to the middle in an upward motion.
b. For ritual of banishment: anoint oil from the middle of the candle to the top in an upward motion, then middle to bottom of the candle in a downward motion.
6. Bless and consecrate the candle.
7. Meditate on desired outcome.