After the herbal wash, prepare an herbal facial steam and get ready to relax.
8 tablespoons of a combination of any of the following herbs: mint leaves, chamomile flowers, rose petals, scented geranium leaves, lemon verbena, lemon balm, lemon grass, thyme, sage eucalyptus, bergamot, jasmine, gardenia or honeysuckle flowers.
1 quart boiling water
Simmer herbs in a covered glass quart of water. After 10 minutes, uncover your herbal facial and cover your head with a towel to catch the steam. Steam your face and 5 minutes to remove any impurities.
Use this simple herbal wash to clean your face.
1/2 cup chamomile or lavender flowers
1/2 cup crushed fennel seeds
2 cups boiled water
Infuse chamomile or lavender flowers and fennel seeds in boiled water. Steep 20 minutes, strain and splash on your face.
Elder’s Meditation of the Day – March 21
“Each of us must know in our minds and believe in our hearts that even though we are different, you are like me and I am like you.”
–Larry P. Aitken, CHIPPEWA
One of the definitions of humility is having an awareness of one’s own character defects. To recognize and acknowledge that one has imperfections is being humble. We should never pray for ourselves unless by doing so it would help another person. To have self-importance puts self first and this is not humble. We each have strengths and we each have weaknesses. Both the strengths and weaknesses are sacred. Life is sacred. We learn sacred things from weaknesses also. Therefore, all lives are developed through trial and error, strength and weakness, ups and downs, gains and losses-all of these are part of life and life is sacred.
Great Mystery, let me see and know about the sacredness of life.
March 21 – Daily Feast
It seems there is often too much of one thing and not enough of the other. Balance has a way of disappearing when we need it most. But it is our fault for thinking that once we have things all working together it will stay in balance without our having to do anything else. Nothing is so set that it will never change. We should never give in to challenge that throw us off center. Wait a little while. Something may be working that we don’t know about. Don’t accept everything as it appears. It can change in a moment’s notice and swing our way. Very often the law of nonresistance is at work here. Some of our best decisions are based on standing still until we can get a true picture.
~ When life is easy, complex pattern of life can develop. ~
‘A Cherokee Feast of Days’, by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
Pointing the way
What seems to be standing in your way is not really standing in your way. It’s pointing the way.What looks like it’s holding you back is not really holding you back. It’s building your determination to move forward.
The mountain is steep and treacherous, yet it gives you a pathway to get to the top. The work is challenging and complicated, and yet it gives you a way to create achievement.
Don’t you dare despair when things get tough. Rejoice in knowing that the reason you’re encountering so much resistance is because you’re moving so powerfully ahead.
Look in the direction from where the resistance is coming. That’s where value lives.
Feel your determination as it grows stronger each time you push forward. Now you have what it takes to bring great things to life.
— Ralph Marston
Knowing Our Heart’s Desire
Jealousy is one of the toughest feelings we come up against in our lives. There is not much worse than this aching sense that somehow life has been unfair to us, while amply rewarding someone else. It’s even worse if that someone else is present in our daily lives, making it difficult for us to get the space we need to feel and heal our pain. We may be jealous of a sibling, a dear friend, or even famous personalities. We may even face the challenge of feeling jealous of our spouse, our child, or one of our parents. Whatever the case, we can normalize our experience by understanding that, as painful as it is, jealousy is a common human feeling.
Nevertheless, it is important that we not revel in our jealousy for too long, feeding it with inner talk or gossip with others. If we do, we run the risk of losing ourselves to its negative power. Jealousy has something good to offer us, though, and that is information about our own heart’s desire. When we are jealous of certain people, we want what they have, and if we are to be conscious, we must acknowledge that. In this way, we discover what we want for ourselves, which is the first step to getting it. It may be a certain kind of relationship or a career. Whatever it is, it is possible that we could create it for ourselves, in our own lives, if we are able to honor our own desires.
Of course, there are times when we cannot heal our jealousy in this way, and then the lesson may be about acceptance and the understanding that our path is different from the paths of those around us. It may be hard to see now, but perhaps it will eventually be clear why our life has taken its particular path. In the end, the best cure for jealousy is the recognition that the life we have is full of its own meaning and beauty, utterly unique to us—a gift that could never be found in the life of another.
Here is a blend to help you let go of those worries, calm stress, relieve tension, soothe and comfort.
Very good for insomnia Do not use in a nebulizing type diffuser. Benzoin is quite thick.
Lavender 4 drops
Benzoin 1 drop
Sandalwood 1 drop
Orange (Tangerine or Clementine)) 2-4 drops
Take care and be well
Brought to you by AromaThyme.com
This happened last week, when there was still a bit of ice in some places. I have a wonderful puppy, Nanna, who was born Jan. 15th. She is at the exploring phase now–and has mastered the dog door so I run in and out checking her often, which I had done. I had not seen Barney and Belle, the two Beagles, for same hours–ends up they must have been napping near the stream–but I did not know this. I was in the kitchen when they both came screaming up to the front kitchen door like they were on fire! I let them in and asked what was up. Before they could answer, they sped, frantically through the room and out the dog door to the back yard. Of course, I followed. Once outside I heard a quavering howling–from the area of…THE SWIMMING POOL! You know the rest! The puppy had fallen into water so cold it had some ice in places. She was hanging onto the side. The water was so cold that it made my fingers ache in 2 seconds. I got her out–and inside–and into a series of warm towels. She stopped shivering only after 30 minutes. Then she was just fine and started playing after a nap. Barney and Belle, unquestionably, saved her life. I had music on and never would have heard her. Even checking on her every 15 minutes or so–it would not have been soon enough. Coming to the kitchen door was not the most direct route for the Beagles to take toward the puppy–they detoured specifically to come get me.
“You have good friends who will help you when you need it. Sometimes, they know you have trouble–even before you know it. Listen to them!” A.J.
By Anna James, PendragonDale
for Monday March 21, 2011
Fluorite and Red Jasper
Fluorite: Fluorite promotes creative thinking and lifts the mind. This stone gives rest and helps in case of disturbances in the brainwaves, enhances concentration, clears the mind and environment, inner peace and quiet, helps fulfill wishes, promotes love for others and total love. Promotes joy, this is the stone of the future and is suited for spiritually highly developed people. A protection stone. Use in case of arthritis, infections, flu, the early stages of cancer, lungs, liver, Down’s syndrome, for ears, skeleton and viral infections, sexual problems and all sorts of fears, strengthens teeth and bones, for spleen and veins.
I give my attention to balance.
That to which we give our attention expands. So, let’s give our attention to balance! Many folks give lots of attention to imbalance, so imbalance expands. Certainly we need to be aware of aspects of imbalance and instability and disharmony, but too much attention to these dynamics expands them. We can notice in a matter-of-fact or detached way while giving our primary attention — our energy — to balance and to those ideas and feelings that help us to experience balance.
Today is the last day of the Being/Intending Affirmations. I suggest you do three things before moving into the next genre of affirmations: (1) consider if there is anything else you want to become or be or know or intend with respect to balance, (2) re-visit the over-arching intention you set for balance, and (3) ascertain if you are ready to be powerfully balanced. Since these affirmations are designed as a process, it is important that you feel ready to proceed. If you need more time to ponder being and intending with respect to balance, take the time.
Affirmations for My Spirituality
- I am free to be myself.
- I am a forgiving and loving person.
- I am responsible for my own Spiritual Growth.
- I have given myself permission to be at one with the Universe.
- My strength comes from forgiveness of those who hurt me.
- I am worthy of love.
- The more I love, the more that love is returned to me.
- Love is eternal and ever-lasting.
- I nurture my inner child, love her and have allowed her to heal.
- I am responsible for my life and always maintain the power I need to be positive and have joy
PAGAN THIRTEEN-STEPS TO INNER CONTROL
1. I honor the energy of *birch*, for a new beginning. I am able to change myself as I will to do. So mote it be!
2. I honor the energy of *rowan* for protection against evil enchantment. I will not hobble myself with the chains of past failures. So mote it be!
3. I honor the energy of *alder*, for the protection of my inner oracle. I will listen to the voice of the Goddess Within. So mote it be!
4. I honor the energy of *willow*, for the lunar rhythms within me as a woman. I will recognize and heed my own body’s cycles. So mote it be!
5. I honor the energy of *ash*, the magician’s staff. I will recognize that “as above, so below,” I play a part in the larger scheme of things. I will link my inner and outer worlds. So mote it be!
6. I honor the energy of *hawthorn* for cleansing and restraint. I will choose what I place within my body, and empty myself of all that violates my personal well-being. So mote it be!
7. I honor the energy of *oak*, the doorway to the mysteries. I will call upon the strength of the Horned One when I feel in need of protection. So mote it be!
8. I honor the energy of *holly*, spear of the warrior. I will not remain passive and victimized, but will choose to fight for my own freedom. So mote it be!
9. I honor the energy of *hazel*, the tree of wisdom. I will heed my own inner intuitions, and will be wise and informed in my choices. So mote it be!
10. I honor the energy of *vine*, the tree of conviviality and celebration. I will love myself and will celebrate life, not seeing the choices I make as deprivations but gifts. So mote it be!
11. I honor the energy of *ivy*, the spiral to center. I will do all that I do because of my own inner desires. I will listen to myself, and will remain balanced and centered while I do this work. So mote it be!
12. I honor the energy of *reed*, the tool of the hunt. I will take direct action when necessary to protect myself, including the “killing” of old patterns, friendships and associations which harm me. So mote it
13. I honor the energy of *elder* which sees the end from the beginning. Throughout many lifetimes I have been here. I have the knowledge that I have changed myself again and again. I will start from where I am now, and continue to persist in my path. I will succeed. So mote it be!
As you see, the pagan focus is not to surrender responsibility for oneself to a higher power, but to take responsibility and make choices appropriate to a Goddess (that’s YOU…) Feel free to change this as you wish.
Now is a time of new beginnings becoming visible, hope and inspiration dancing into being. Take a white and a black candle, and place them in front of you. Light them, and breathe in the glow that comes from the balance of light and dark. Speak this verse as you bask in the glow:
Shake off your slumber
Feel the sunlight.
Kore has returned,
Spring has begun.
As each and every creature knows.
Creatures living in a dream.
Energies bursting from the ground-
And possibility all around.
My powers are strong and true.
Surrounded by new life,
New visions are coming through.
To each bud’s joyous opening.
I am replenished,
Like the baby chick,
I am not finished.
My powers are opening.
I am becoming,
My creative power
Spring has returned,
and we are renewed.
What I initiate now
And balance is easy.
So mote it be.