Turn that frown upside down today because smiling comes with actually health benefits. Smiling is said to make you more attractive while also affecting an immediate lift to your spirits and mood. Smiling relieves stress while boosting your immune system and releasing natural pain-killers. And a smile is said to make you look younger, as it lifts the muscles in the face. Some studies suggest that smiling people appear more confident and successful while others say that a smile can actually help you to stay positive while relieving depression and stress. Like I said, turn that frown upside down today — you’ll be really happy you did.
By Ellen Whitehurst for Astrology.com
Fifth Chakra (throat area)
This chakra governs communication and mental creativity. When it is balanced we communicate easily and effectively with others in both written and verbal form. This includes being able to constructively express anger and other emotions. When it is blocked communication is difficult to impossible, and these may be the people who say, “I’m just not creative.
In my experience there can be more physical blockages associated with the fifth chakra than with any other. These can include excessive eating and drinking (good ways to keep the throat busy while preventing communication), and a range of respiratory diseases. Teeth and gum disorders fall into this category, as well.
Stones for the fifth chakra:
- Angelite helps us to communicate with angels and other nonphysical beings, as well as aiding in long-distance communication. It also helps to dissolve anger.
- Aqua Aura teaches us self-expression through service to others.
- Aquamarine helps us to express ourselves in a tranquil way.
- Blue lace agate helps to ground our communications with a sense of what can be accomplished.
- Blue Topaz Helps us to communicate fearlessly that which we know to be true, and also stimulates creativity.
- Celestite helps to calm the over-active mind and teaches us how to be receptive
- Chrysocolla helps one to have self-confidence in personal expression.
- Larimar enables us to communicate with others that which we feel deeply in our hearts and souls.
- Turquoise helps us to enroll others to help in the manifestation of our desires.