Crystal of the Day – Malachite
Steady pulsing electromagnetic energy. (High copper content) Malachite and azurite are the same chemical, practically, Copper Carbonate. The only difference is the ordering of the elements in the molecule. On brow: Stimulates physical and psychic vision, concentration. For heart and solar plexus centers: Stomach, liver, kidney stones, lungs, immune system, radiation, MS, circulation. Powerful healer with azurite or chrysocolla for healing: Releases and draws out pain, inflammation, depression, anger; heals blocks. Protects well by powerfully cleaning the auric field, rapidly absorbing undesirable energies, including: computer, TV, and other radiation, etc. Place in the 4 corners of a room to cleanse carpet toxins/gases. Clean very frequently — daily if possible! . Often variegated and is one of the basic ores of Copper. Should be used with extreme care because it can amplify negative qualities. Caution must always be used when wearing it as jewelry. However, Malachite also magnifies the positive, and so it is useful if your mood is definitely on the upswing. It should not be used in healing without careful consideration of who is doing the healing. It is useful for relaxation and neurological disorders as well as tissue regeneration. It is said to awaken healing qualities and useful in fighting mental illnesses. Said to stimulate the optic nerve, help the pancreas, spleen, parathyroid, and help dyslexia. People living near nuclear power plants should keep pieces of Malachite in their homes, since Malachite may expel plutonium. A warning: Malachite in raw form has dust particles that are highly toxic and their ingestion should be avoided.
Fifth Chakra (throat area)
This chakra governs communication and mental creativity. When it is balanced we communicate easily and effectively with others in both written and verbal form. This includes being able to constructively express anger and other emotions. When it is blocked communication is difficult to impossible, and these may be the people who say, “I’m just not creative.
In my experience there can be more physical blockages associated with the fifth chakra than with any other. These can include excessive eating and drinking (good ways to keep the throat busy while preventing communication), and a range of respiratory diseases. Teeth and gum disorders fall into this category, as well.
Stones for the fifth chakra:
- Angelite helps us to communicate with angels and other nonphysical beings, as well as aiding in long-distance communication. It also helps to dissolve anger.
- Aqua Aura teaches us self-expression through service to others.
- Aquamarine helps us to express ourselves in a tranquil way.
- Blue lace agate helps to ground our communications with a sense of what can be accomplished.
- Blue Topaz Helps us to communicate fearlessly that which we know to be true, and also stimulates creativity.
- Celestite helps to calm the over-active mind and teaches us how to be receptive
- Chrysocolla helps one to have self-confidence in personal expression.
- Larimar enables us to communicate with others that which we feel deeply in our hearts and souls.
- Turquoise helps us to enroll others to help in the manifestation of our desires.
The Fourth Chakra (heart area)
This chakra relates to love and emotional well-being. When it is unblocked we give love unconditionally and attract to ourselves those people who give us an abundance of love. When it is blocked we feel the lack of love in our lives as keenly as those with third-chakra blockages feel a lack of material security. Heart conditions are the most common physical symptoms.
Stones associated with the fourth chakra:
- Aventurine is the stone most related to physical health and heart balancing.
- Emerald relates most directly to the spiritual aspects of love.
- Green calcite Eases old, limiting beliefs (especially those based on fear) from the mind so that new ideas can flourish.
- Green tourmaline opens the creative elements of the heart, i.e., adding an emotional depth to one’s creations.
- Lepidolite helps to calm the heart and relieves stress.
- Malachite releases congestion in the solar plexus, and aids creativity.
- Malachite-Chrysocolla blends malachite’s ability with chrysocolla’s gift of soothing and calming.
- Pink Calcite helps to release old and hurtful emotional patterns so that the heart can be open to receive and give unconditional love.
- Rhodochrosite helps to relieve anxiety.
- Rhodonite helps us to be patient with others.
- Rose quartz is the stone for helping to create unconditional self-love.