Rune magic or Magick is a Wiccan practice which involves using certain symbols and items when performing rituals or spells; they are most commonly used to create a physical charm which can be carried around with you. This section is designed to teach you the basics of rune magic and introduce you to the most common runes used as well as explain how to use them.
The first thing you need to understand about rune magic is that it is not simple, although it may look like it is just about drawing or making intricate symbols and sticking them to things it is actually more complex than that.
The runes themselves have very static meanings, this means they tend to be specific for one purpose or have only one meaning, this makes them ideal when casting specific spells such as good luck or protection but if you want anything more complex than that you will have to be very clear about the runes that you use, they are typically used in conjunction with other spells but can work great by themselves.
The list below will explain some of the most common runes, what they are used for and what they look like:
– Raido: Resembling the letter R, this rune is commonly used for safety in travel, trips or to help bring justice to a bad situation.
– Lagaz: Resembling the letter L, this is an especially popular rune for women due to the passion it can bring; it is also popular among students as it brings success and creativity to academic situation.
– Tir: Resembling the letter T, popular among men, just like Lagaz it promotes passion in males; it can also bring success over those competing against you.
– Sigel: Represented by an S and Z, this rune is used with those who have creative blocks or those who want to succeed, it is also used to bring strength to those who need it.
– Perdhro: Resembling the letter P, this rune is often used to help the caster find something that they thought was lost forever, to bring to light a situation that they were not aware of or to help them gain something of importance.
– Hagall: Resembling the letter H, this rune is often used by those who are in a situation in which they have no control and feel like they need a helping hand to make it through; it is also used to ward off unwanted interruptions.
-Othel: Represented by the letter O, this rune is often associated with protecting your most prized possessions, it is also used when wanting to inherit something from an elder, this doesn’t always refer to physical items, and it is often used to pass down traits through a bloodline.
– Uruz: Resembling the letters U and V, this rune is used commonly by those who are sick or know someone in need of healing, it promotes health and vitality, and it can also be used to boost the strength of your magic.
– Wunjo: Represented by a W and V, this rune is one of happiest runes out there, it promotes joy and success in every aspect of your life from your career to your love life.
– Algiz: Resembling the letter Z, this rune is particularly popular for good luck charms, personal development and to bring success.
Wicca Witch of the West: A Beginner’s Guide to Wicca, Spells, Herbs, Runes, and Rituals