Candle color: Red
Incense: Dragon’s blood or cinnamon
Crystals: Jasper or garnet
Use Tuesdays for spells for courage, change, independence in home or business life, for overcoming seemingly impossible odds and for passion.
Where possible, work near a fire or bonfire or with a huge red beeswax candle as a focus; alternatively work next to flowerbed or large vase of red, orange and/or yellow flowers.
Spell for Tuesday
In the old days many people thought that noise was a way of getting rid of demons so it was customary to shout when banishing such nasty things. Today we also recognize that psychologically we can be encouraged by passion, so this is a way of self-encouragement, and an appeal to our own ‘inner demons’.
Items You Will Need:
- A bell or rattle
- Rousing music
- Your voice
- Preferably choose a time when you will not disturb others and when you will not bedisturbed. Choose a short affirmation that expresses your best hopes for yourself.
- This might be: I will survive or I can overcome any problem or I have the confidence to do anything or I am my own best friend
- Play your music until you feel uplifted by its -mood.
- Take up your bell or rattle and dance around -the room.
- Proclaim your affirmation at the top of your -voice at least three times and preferably nine.
- When the music finishes resolve to do three -different things in the next week which -demonstrate your new-found confidence
- Each week reaffirm your confidence in the -same way, changing the words as necessary
This spell does seem to have an almost immediate effect. Even if you feel silly at first, having confidence is often about losing your inhibitions,and this is one way which can help. As a support for this, have fun drawing your own particular demoneven if it is only as a stick figure.