Mojos are small bags containing an odd number of symbols (one to thirteen) associated with particular energies. Protective mojos are good if you live in a high-crime or lonely area, or you have a difficult ex-partner who seeks constant access to your home.
Items You Will Need:
A small drawstring bag of red flannel (the traditional mojo fabric) or brown material ( suitable for domestic protection); a piece of angelica root or some dried angelica (available from herbal stores); some salt and pepper; waxed paper (the kind used in cake making); some patchouli oil or brandy.
- Place the angelica root directly into the bag or twist some dried angelica in a piece of waxed paper and put it in.
- Twist some salt in a piece of waxed paper and add it to the bag.
- Twist some pepper in a piece of waxed paper and add it to the bag.
- Add a few drops of the patchouli oil or brandy to the bag.
- Draw the string tight and say: “May protection last till one (or two) moons are pasted.”
- Keep the bag somewhere near the front door, out of sight. (Mojos lose their power if seen.)