To Produce, Psychic Dreams
PURPOSE: To aid all around psychic development
BACKGROUND: Samhain is the season of the Crone – the “Old Woman” aspect of the Goddess, the divine midwife who brings us into life and helps us cross over into death. A guardian of sacred thresholds, she also spins, weaves and cuts our life threads. Because of this, she is sometimes depicted as a spider or represented by a web. Sometimes known as the “Hag” or Cailleach, the crone is strongly connected with psychic abilities and the ability to walk between the worlds–the capacity to traverse the borderland between everyday reality and other realities such as Faerie or the Land of the Dead.
Items you will need:
- Two teaspoons of dried mugwort
- One teaspoon of powdered elder leaves
- Six drops of cypress essential oil
- Mortar and pestle
- One charcoal disk in a fireproof dish
- One black candle
- Matches or lighter
Casting the Spell:
- Blend the mugwort, elder leaves and cypress oil in the mortar and pestle.
- Light the charcoal, then the black candle, saying:
- Sprinkle the incense onto the charcoal, and inhale the scent.
- Close your eyes. Visualize yourself walking from the East to a Crossroads at sunset and stopping to face North. From this direction, a dark figure approaches. This is the Crone. When She stops, She will beckon you to follow her. She will lead you to a gateway: don not pass through this time, but note what it looks like and any symbols that are written on it. This is the gateway through which you must pass before you can walk between the worlds–and you will need to look out for it, or its symbols, in lucid dreams during this winter.
- Keep careful note of your dreams between now and Imbolc.
The Spells Bible Ann-Marie Gallagher