A Little Trivia – Top Ten Facts You Might Not Know About “Mondays”
1. A survey in 2011 reported that the average person moans for about 34 minutes on a Monday morning, compared to 22 minutes on other days.
2. Monday is the only day of the week when the US stock market is more likely to fall than rise.
3. On average Monday is the least rainy day of the week, possibly as a result of man-made pollution decreasing over the weekend.
4. Monday is the only day of the week that is an anagram of a single word: ‘dynamo’.
5. People do their shopping online more on Mondays than they do any other day of the week. On average Monday is the least rainy day of the week
6. According to a study by Marmite in 2011, the average person in the UK does not smile on a Monday until 11.16am.
7. Bob Geldof’s song I Don’t Like Mondays was written after he read of a US woman going on a shooting spree because she didn’t like Mondays.
8. ‘Monday’ is a slang term for a large, heavy sledgehammer.
9. The only film with Monday in its title to win an Oscar was ‘Closed Mondays’ which was voted Best Animated Short Film in 1974.
10. There were 53 Mondays in the year 2012. The next time this will happen will be 2018.
Courtesy of Express, Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
How’s the world doing today? It is a cold, old rainy day here. I guess it goes along with the song, “Rainy Days and Mondays.” But it’s not getting me down just freezing me to death, lol! The weather around here has changed so much since I was a child. You know back in the caveman days, lol! I can remember Momma opening the windows in the Spring and Fall. There would be days that lasted forever, we could keep the windows open. Having the breeze blow through and enjoying it coolness. But that isn’t the case anymore, in the Spring it goes from 60 degrees a day to 110 degrees. In the Fall, it is just the opposite. We don’t have any Spring or Fall days anymore. And to think those use to be my favorite times of the year, they have just disappeared.
I was in the back, looking around, reading all the comments. I wanted to thank you all for the wonderful compliments about the blog. There are so many, it is impossible to reply to all of them personally. So I thought I would thank you this way. Your words mean a lot to me. It let’s us know we are doing something right. We want you to enjoy this place and to think of it as your home away from home. If you ever need anything, just let us know. We are more than happy to help you out anyway we can.
Well I am off to do some regular postings. I hope you have a great day and a super week. Don’t work to hard and stay safe.
Goddess Bless You & Yours,
Luv & Hugs,
More Wiccan Comments