FINDING THE RIGHT CRYSTAL
Special care should be taken when selecting a personal crystal. Try and obtain a
single point with an intact point and all six facets visible on its surface. If
the point is chipped, the energy emitted will not be as focused. It should also
be small enough to hold in one hand. The suggested sizes can range from less
than two inches to five inches in height and diameter. If you are right-hand
dominant, the quartz’s vibrations can be tested by holding the crystal point up
toward the head in your left hand.
The Point is placed up rather than down in order to direct the energies into
your brain. The left hand is preferred as it is connected to the opposite side
of the brain. This is the right hemisphere, the intuitive portion of our mind.
For those people who are left-handed dominant, the holding process should be
After holding the stone for a few minutes some people may experience energy
vibrations in the form of body temperature changes, colors flashing through the
mind, or a feeling of peaceful compatibility. If any uncomfortable sensations
are experienced, choose another crystal and repeat the same process. It is
important that you synchronize with its energies.
Often a stone will choose us by projecting strong vibration. It is not uncommon
to walk away from such a crystal only to discover a compulsion to return and
The most aesthetically pleasing is not necessarily the correct crystal.
HOW TO GIVE YOUR CAT A PILL
* Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat’s mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
* Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
* Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
* Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of 10.
* Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.
* Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, holding front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold cat’s head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat’s throat vigorously.
* Retrieve cat from curtain rail. Get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
* Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with its head just visible from below spouse’s armpit. Put pill in drinking straw, force cat’s mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.
* Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse’s forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
* Retrieve cat from neighbor’s shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.
* Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.
* Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.
* Tie cat’s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Force cat’s mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour 1/2 pint of water down throat to wash pill down.
* Get spouse to drive you to emergency room; sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Stop by furniture shop on way home to order new table.
* Arrange for vet to make a house call
My brother Bob is a lefty. I remember growing up how the nuns and Jesuits priests at St. Benedict’s Prep School used to tell my brother that he was possessed by the devil because he was left-handed. But to this day he still hasn’t shown any signs of horns or a tail! There’s a reason for the old saying that ‘left-handers are the only people in their right minds.’ Einstein was a lefty, as was Da Vinci and Sir Isaac Newton. But left hand or right, you should always begin and end your signature going in the same direction: up! The Feng Shui Prosperity Signature says that when signing your name, always end the first letter of the first name slanted up and to the right, as should the last letter of the last name. Up and to the right, whether you’re a lefty or not!
By Ellen Whitehurst for Astrology.com