There are many ways you can use essential oils in your home to eliminate odors and illuminate your personal abode.
Here are some ideas that can add a natural element to your freshening and cleaning:
- Put 5 drops of your favorite essential oil on a cotton ball and place in your vacuum cleaner bag. Try Peppermint, Spearmint, Cassia, or Pine. Geranium can help with doggy odors.
- To dispel of household cooking odors, add a few drops of Clove, Cinnamon, or any citrus essential oil to a simmering pot of water.
- Kitchen sink scrub – mix 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/8 cup vinegar, and 5 drops of Bergamot and Lime. Put the mixture in the sink and scrub. Wash down with warm water.
- Place 1-3 drops of Edens Garden Four Thieves, Lemon, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, or Lime essential oil on a cotton ball at the bottom of a trash can or diaper pail to eliminate odors and kill germs.
- To clean and increase shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-6 drops of Lemon. Drop washed fruit into the water and stir.
- Use 1-2 drops of Lemon to remove gum, oil, glue, adhesive or crayon from most surfaces.
- For carpet deodorizer – add 5-10 drops of Lemon, Lavender, Geranium, Peppermint, or Ylang Ylang to a box of baking soda. Mix well and sprinkle over carpets. Let sit for a day and then vacuum it up.
- Soak dishcloth overnight in a bowl of water with a few drops of Lemon to disinfect and kill germs.
- Bathroom refresher – place a few drops of Key Lime, Lemon, or citrus essential oil on a cotton ball and place behind toilet.
- When washing out the fridge, freezer, or oven; add Lime, Grapefruit, Bergamot, or Lemongrass to the final rinse water.
- For general purpose cleaning – mix 1 cup vinegar, 2 cups water, and 10 drops of a blend of Lavender, Lemongrass, Rosemary, and Tea Tree in a spray bottle. Great for mirrors, granite, and general surfaces, but shake well before using.
- To help keep squirrels, spiders, or mice away; place 3-6 drops of Peppermint on a cotton ball at the place they enter.
- To help keep flies away; mix 25 drops of Peppermint with 16 oz water in a large spray bottle. Use on counter tops, windows, and doors. Shake well before use.
Hope this helps! Let me know what you think or if you have more ideas.
To see recommended oils, check out the main article here.
You can also visit Eupterra’s Store to browse for more essential oils to use!
You must be logged in to post a comment.