Whispering Woods Basic Dragon Lore Course
Dragon Lore Final Exam
1. It is believed that Dragon Lore originated during the ___________ era.
2. Cecrops was half ________ and half dragon.
3. The Fire Dragon is the most extroverted and __________ Dragon.
4. Sea dragons are _______ to Hung Sheng, the Holy One.
5. There are ______ major types of Chinese dragons.
6. Licorice herb/incense represents the Element of _______.
7. Japan’s dragon lore comes predominantly from ______.
8. _______ _______ is Arabic for dragon. 9. The Babylonian Dragon is found in the Epic of _________.
10. the Chinese calendar uses the _____ – _______ system to count the day, month and year.
11. In Germanic legend, Tatzlwyrm was a winged, _____ – _______ dragon monster.
12. The Hindu Dragon Goddess that sleeps in the lotus at the base of the spine is __________ the Coiled.
13. A ten-foot dragon found lying on the banks of China’s Yangtze River, was different from most because of its long, thick ________.
14. The Japanese dragon has ______ toes.
15. The ________ is probably the most well known western Dragon.
16. In early ______, images of the Dragon were in some ways similar to the Egyptian ones.
17. _____ represents Ladon, the hundred-headed dragon that guarded the golden apples of the Hesperides.
18. In the basic dragon ritual, Hold the Chalice high and say: _______, _______, _______.
19. The Dragon has a harmonious relationship with _____.
20. Wales is symbolized by a ____ dragon.
21. Philosophic Mercury is sometimes represented by a serpent or _______ _______. 22. The mortal enemy of the dragon is the _________.
23. During the time that Draco’s star _______ was the pole star, it would have appeared to ancient sky watchers that the Earth revolved around Draco.
24. A few dragons begin life as ______.
25. Naga Padoha is a Malayan dragon who rules the _______ – _____.
26. The Banishing Pentagram begins at the top point of the pentagram; True or False.
27. The Green dragon is a ______ symbol.
28. Glass was once believed to be _________ dragon breath.
29. Tiamat created all sorts of Dragons, including the _______ Dragon.
30. By the 9th century CE, the Chinese had incorporated the dragon into _______ thought.
31. According to the Chinese elements, Earth is ruled by _______.
32. Guivre was both legless and _________.
33. White dragons symbolize the ______.
34. Imperial Dragons have _____ claws.
35. In both Chinese and Japanese mythology, the dragon is one of ______ legendary creatures guarding the cosmic directions.
36. ______ is Ruler of the Dragons of the South.
37. The Ethiopian dragon ate _________ plants to make their bite and their scratches deadlier.
38. The Wood Dragon is not as _____-______ as other Dragons.
39. A Babylonian creation story tells of ______, who turned herself into a dragon but was later defeated and split into two parts.
40. There are dragons carved on the tops of ____ and _____, because of the beast’s habit of calling loudly when attacked.
41. The Chinese Dragon is often seen as the symbol of divine _________ and vigilance.
42. The spiritual dragons (shen-long) were the _______ makers.
43. The Dragon’s Eye symbol stands for the balance of love, power and ________.
44. Never express anger or _______ feelings towards a dragon.
45. Children born during Dragon Years, enjoy health, wealth, and _____ _____.
46. In early Hindu worship, Draco is given the form of an ________ known as Shi-shumara.
47. Grael is the Ruler of the Dragons of the ______.
48. Japanese Dragons are closely associated with the beginning of life and _________.
49. Yellow Dragons are the most _______ of the dragons.
50. The Greeks held the idea of the Dragon as a ________ Serpent.
Author & Researcher: Crick
Website: The Whispering Woods