Flowers should be laid on the altar, placed around the circle and spread on the ground. The cauldron can be filled with spring water and flowers, buds and blossoms may be worn as well. Arrange the altar, light the candle and incense, and cast the Circle. Say:
“Great goddess, you have freed yourself
From the icy prison of winter.
Now is the greening, when the fragrance of
Flowers drifts on the breeze.
This is the beginning. Life renews itself
By Your magic, Earth Goddess.
The God stretches and rises,
Tiger in His youth, and bursting with
The promise of summer.”
“I walk the earth in friendship, not in dominance.
Mother Goddess and Father god, instil within me
Thorough this plant a warmth for all living things.
Teach me to revere the Earth and all its treasures.
May I never forget.”
Raven and Crow
OSTARA- Daffodowndilly Spell
The purpose of this spell is to make wishes concerning all areas of your life.
This is the perfect time of year for planting wishes that will come to fruition in summer and using plant ingredients for magic is a age old custom.
You will need:
one green candle
one yellow candle
matches or lighter
summer flowering bulbs, one to a wish
soil or potting soil in a medium sized indoor planter
As part of your OSTARA ritual and in a properly cast circle, work as follows.
1. Light the green candle saying: By the shoot
2. Light the yellow candle saying: By the flower I invoke OSTARAs power
3. Take each bulb and seperately name it after the wish you seek to acheieve.
4. Hold them in your hands and chant your wish into them with the following words: As the nights shrink down and this bulb goes underground, As the days grow long, so the thing I wish grows strong.
5. Bury the bulbs in the soil, or potting soil. Place your hands palms down on the soil and visualize the growth you have wished for coming to pass.
6. Keep the bulbs inside until the threat of frost has passed, then plant outside next to the spring flowering bulbs.
The idea here is to trade on the fertility of the daffodils by empowering summer flowering bulbs and planting them closely by. The summer bulbs will get the general idea from the flowering daffodown dillies and charged with your wishes hurry to grow and flower.
From Hearth and Home Witchery