DEC. 1: – Greek / Roman Day of Pallas Athena / Minerva.
– Day for Meditation on Tantric Bodhisattva Goddess Red Tara – Protector against evil and harm.
DEC. 3: – Roman Day of Cybele / Rhea – The Great Mother.
DEC. 4: – Feast of Shango – Orisha who defends against evil.
DEC. 6: – Mindfulness Day – Zen Buddhist day for mindfully seeing and acting with compassion for the poor and oppressed.
DEC. 7: – Haloia of Demeter.
DEC. 7 – 9: Feast of the Immanent Feminine Divine Spirit – Honoring Goddess as Maha Devi Shakti (Hindu), Holy Spirit Wisdom (Christian).
DEC. 8: Rohatsu – Zen Buddhist celebration of the Buddha’s enlightenment.
DEC. 11: – Sacred to Arianrhod.
DEC. 12: – Fiesta of Our Lady of Guadalupe – Mother of God and Mother of the Oppressed.
DEC. 13: – Feast of the Light-bringer – Honoring Goddess as Juno Lucina (Old Roman).
DEC. 14 – 28: Halcyon Days: time of tranquility.
DEC. 17: – Yoruba / Santeria feast of Orisha Babalu Aye – Healer of deadly diseases.
– Roman/Greek: Saturnalia begins festival to Saturn/Kronos as Harvest and Father Time with His scythe
DEC. 18: – Sacred to Epona.
DEC. 19: – Modresnact: Norse Mothers Night Festival.
DEC. 21: – thru 25 – Old Egyptian festival of Isis, the Magna Mater (Mother of God and Mother of All) giving birth to God Horus.
– YULE SABBAT: Winter Solstice; Return of the Sun God.
DEC. 23: – Sacred to Hathor.
DEC. 24: – Celtic Tree Month – Month of Reed ends, Tree Month of Elder begins.
– Celtic / German Nodlaig Eve/Modresnach: Night of the Great Mother
DEC. 25: – European Feasts of Herne, Frey, Dionysus – Birth of the God, the Light of the World.
DEC. 25: thru Jan 5: Old Norse festival honoring Saturn, Dionysus, Frey and Freya (Deities of Fertility) and the birth of the new-born Baldur (God of Light) with evergreens, fires, and feasting.
DEC. 28: – Sacred to Freya.
DEC. 31: Hogmanay—New Year’s Eve; Crone preparing to depart, winter at its height; Crone, old and withered year changes at midnight into young and fresh New Year. Hag’s Eve.
– Egyptian Lucky Day of Sekmet – Sekmet, the ravaging lioness, with her burning solar eye, is the destroyer/devourer aspect of the goddess.