Apple Seed Spell
Purpose: To improve your magickal abilities
Background: Mabon coincides with the apple harvest, and apples and apple trees feature quite strongly in world mythologies, both in relation to gaining knowledge and to entering another realm. In the Judaic myth of Adam and Eve, consumption of a single fruit that grows on the Tree of Knowledge results in the first man and woman passing through the gates of Eden into another world. In the Arthurian legend, Avalon, sometimes called the Isle of Apples, is part of a Celtic otherworld. In this spell, you use apple seeds to travel into the realm of magick and gain arcane knowledge to aid your spiritual development and magickal abilities.
How To Cast The Spell
TIMING Cast this spell at Mabon
CASTING THE SPELL
As part of your Mabon celebrations, and in a properly prepared circle, work as follows:
1. Light the candle, saying:Old one of the apples Waiting with your sickle Give me the courage To grow in your knowledge
2. Halve the apple horizontally, then place all the seeds in the pouch and tie it around your neck.
3. Eat half of the apple, and close your eyes.
4. Imagine you are walking in an orchard of apple trees. In its center stands an ancient tree and below it, an old woman. Approach her and repeat the last two line of the rhyme you have spoken. Mark carefully all that she does and says and when she is finished, return from your inner journey to your circle.
5. Bury the remaining half apple outdoors.
6. Wear the apple seed talisman for one lunar cycle, keeping a dream diary, and note any “coincidences” that happens around you –it is now for you to interpret these symbols and their meaning.
YOU WILL NEED:
One black candle
One seeded apple
One sharp knife
One white square drawstring pouch
One length of fine cord
Reference:“The Spells Bible” Ann-Marie Gallagher