The rituals this evening were written by Lady Beltane and Priestess Hypatia. Lady Beltane will be leading the one for the Northern Hemisphere and Priestess Hypatia will be leading the one for the Southern Hemisphere. We ask that no matter which hemisphere you live in on Mother Earth that you attend for the entire ritual from the time the circle is cast until it is closed. No matter what tradition of The Craft you follow whether you practice alone or in a coven/guild/grove/etc you are welcome to join our celebrations of Samhain and Beltane.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2018
SOCIAL HOUR IS FROM 6:00 TO 7:00 PM CT (We are still on Daylight Savings time in the USA)
The Sacred Circle will be cast at 7:00 PM CT (Again please use the link to convert to your local time.)
Please remember not to enter the chat room after the circle has been cast because that will break the protection the circle,
NORTHERN HEMISPHERE: WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our ritual this evening is for honoring 1 ancestor because of how long the coven’s ritual is incorporating both halves of Mother Earth. You can do this ritual alone any time of day on Samhain using 1 birthday cake size candle for each ancestor you would like to visit with or just invite into your home for a specific amount of time. Usually, the amount of time is however long the candle is burning for ancestors you want to feel or see or hear from again. For ancestors, you wish to stay around longer use a larger candle. The spell we chant during the ritual asks for a specific name if you are going to be inviting in a few or a lot of ancestors you only name to put their names in the spell the last time you chant it as you say the person’s name light a candle for them. I use a pie pan with about 3/4-inch of sand or dirt (that I have put into a ziplock type bad and crushed with either my rolling pin or a meat tenderizing mallet until it is fine like sand is. Either will hold the candle(s) upright and help even out the heat when the candles have burned down even with the sand or dirt. Make sure to put whatever you use to hold more than one or two birthday cake candles on some type of trivet or hot pan holder so the item holding the candles does not directly touch the surface wherever you have them burning.
1 Birthday Cake Candle (The straight about 2-inch long kind, color does not matter)
Heatproof container with sand or dirt in it that you can hold (You will be putting the birthday cake candle in this)
2 Black 4 inch candles or 2 4 white candles turn upside down or colored black with a magic marker
2 Candle Holders for 4 inch candles
Lighter or Matches
A Place to do the ritual where you can SAFELY set the 4-inch candles on the floor at least 4 feet apart or more so you can safely walk through them.
Something to sit on either on the floor or a chair if getting up off the floor is difficult for you
A medium to a large container of water or a fire extinguisher close enough to grab if a candle falls over (We always want everyone to keep safety in mind when using things that are burning – candle, incenses, paper, etc.)
SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: You will need:
This is a wonderful time to help bring your dreams, aspirations and hopes to manifestation. This will be done by putting together a charm box that will be planted in the garden or wherever you feel drawn to.
· A small – medium shallow box- you choose the size. Remember the bigger the box the more you will be filling it. Try and keep it reasonable by using the Goldilocks hypotheses- not too big, and not too small, just right. Some even use shoe boxes. If you don’t have a garden you may want to make a mini wish pot to keep in your garden. The idea is the same.
· Seeds- some suggestions could be sunflower, poppy etc……
· Rose petals
· Fresh earth- soil in a container.
· NOTE: please place some rose petals and seeds aside to sprinkle on top of box before you plant it.
· Coloured markers or pens, crayons etc….. Anything that you could draw and write with.
· Your symbol that represents your wish. Please see Suggested symbols for your wish box below.
· Draw on the box whatever you feel will assist in manifesting your wish, it can include the Triple Moon Goddess, a heart, a pentacle, spirals representing the Goddess and Horns representing the God or whatever you feel drawn to. This is your WISH.
Suggested Symbols For Your Wish Box:
Love & Marriage – gingerbread
New Job – copper coin
Abundance – silver coin
Difficult Task – glove
Hearth & Home – thimble
Seeking the Truth – sprig of rosemary
Health, Healing, Renewed Strength – blue & green ribbon entwined
Happiness, Good Luck – cinnamon stickSeeking Knowledge – apple
To Find A Lost Item – feather
Protection – key (an old iron key is best if you have one)
Planting the wish Box:
· Give the earth a water the night before or wait for a couple of days if rain is due.
· Dig a hole 2 inches deep and place your Beltane Wish Box
· Carefully concentrate in your wish and visualize it coming to fruition.
· Imagine your wish growing with flowers and reaching the sky as you covert with earth.
· As you plant the box please say: “Dream that lies within the earth awaken now. Hope that sleeps awaken now. The stars await as so do I. Grow true, grow strong, toward the sky.”
LADY BELTANE: I cast this circle around Mother Earth from north to south and east to west from above us to below us to keep us safe from anyone or thing they may try to harm us while we are doing our rituals
EVERYONE: Type in So mote it be. Also, your first name and what country or state you live in (no names of cities please)
Samhain ritual to honor an ancestor (We will be allowing 5 to 6 minutes for this part of our circle this evening. Try to set up your candles and where you will be sitting ahead of us starting the ritual so you will have more time to visit with your blood ancestor)
EVERYONE: Set your two 4-inch candles safely on the floor wide enough apart so you can walk through them without knocking them over. (I suggest at least 4 feet apart or more). You will be walking north to south so place whatever you will be sitting on to the south of the 4-inch candles at least 3 feet away from them or further so they are not accidentally knocked over when you get up the seated position.
Light to 4-inch candles. Deep 3 very deep cleansing breath and letting each out slowly calming your mind and spirit Now walk through the space between the 4-inch candles imagine you are crossing through the veil between our physical plane and the spiritual plane. Bring the birthday cake candle in its holder with you. Sit down comfortably and then light the birthday candle while chanting this spell three times:
Blood to blood (NAME OF PERSON YOU WANT TO VISIT WITH) I call to thee
Blood to blood (NAME OF PERSON YOU WANT TO VISIT WITH) I honor thee
Blood to blood (NAME OF PERSON YOU WANT TO VISIT WITH) come to me
After you are through chanting the spell sit talking with or feeling your ancestor until your candle has burned out visiting with your ancestor.
When your birthday candle has burned down to the level of sand or dirt blow it out and type in: the First name of the person you were visiting with and Thank you for honoring me by coming please return to where you were. So mote it be.
Now stand up and walk back through the 4-inch candles from the spirit plane to our physical plane. Blow the candle out then say: I close this passage between the physical and spiritual planes.
IT IS NOW TIME THAT WE ALL CELEBRATE BELTANE WITH OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE.
Beginning the Beltane ritual with an observance:
PRIESTESS HYPATIA: Beltane is here and we welcome this time of fertility, joy, happiness, growth and manifestation. This is a time of Union of the Great God and Goddess. We greet this season of fire with passion and love with loving hearts and open arms. Let us come together to create life and honour this blessed union between the feminine and the masculine form which all life flows from.
As the Earth grows and creates life, so to we shall grow and create life.
EVERYONE: So mote it be!
Now the Instructions for the Wish Box:
· Take the piece of paper and with the pen write down your wish. Type done when you are finished.
· If you feel drawn to do so, decorate the box with your chosen symbols. Type done when you are finished.
· Poke holes in the box lid to help the wish seeds to grow. Type done when you have finished.
· Sprinkle some earth into the bottom of your box to make a shallow bed of earth. This is to scatter your seeds on. Type done when you have finished.
· Place in the box your paper wish that you have written and your symbol for your wish.
· Sprinkle this with more earth. Type done when you have finished.
· Then sprinkle the seeds and the rose petals on top of the earth inside the box.
· Cover the final layer with earth. Type done when you have finished.
· Place the lid on the box, have it ready to plant the box when you feel it is the right time over the next couple of days. Type done when you have finished.
· Keep the rose petal and seed mix to scatter on the box before burying it.
EVERYONE Finish of by saying:
On this scared blessed day, we thank you, Great Mother and Father, for all that you have given and will continue to give. You who make all of life anew and joyous with your sacred union. May you continue to bring magic and laughter into our lives.
Ancient ones I celebrate with you….
So mote it be!
LADY BELTANE: I close this circle from below to above us. I close this circle from west to east. I close this circle from south to north. May you go in peace, harmony, and love until we meet again the circle is closed but never broken. Blessed be dear brothers and sisters.
RITUAL TO IS OVER NOW TO CELEBRATE SAMHAIN AND BELTANE RISE YOUR GLASS HIGH AND SALUTE OUR GODS AND GODDESSES. Please stay to visit, ask questions, or just hang out for as long as you would like to.