- State your intention. Decide on the result you want to accomplish with the spell.
- The Moon is important in witchcraft and, therefore, has a profound influence. The Moon is important in witchcraft and, therefore, has a profound influence.
- Time your spell. Timing when casting spells can be important. The Moon is important in witchcraft, and therefore has a profound influence upon us. It is very important to choose the right moon phase for your spell;Magical workings for gain, increase or bringing things to you, should be initiated when the moon is waxing (from new to full);
When the moon is waning (from full to dark), then its time for magical workings of decrease or sending away.
The highest energy occurs at the full moon, and therefore this is the most powerful time for magical workings. The new moon is the next most powerful time for magic.
- Work with the seasons. There is a natural time for starting things (a planting time), for maturing things (a growing time), for reaping things (a harvest time) and, of course, a time for rest and planning.
- Gather your tools. Make sure that you have all the tools that you need for casting the spell. Your tools must have no inherent magic. They are to help you create a mood. You also have to clean your tools. Don’t forget to cleanse and bless (consecrate) your tools before your begin casting your spell.
- Understand magic. Remember that magic is the manipulation of energy, a thought is a form of energy and a visualization is an even stronger form of energy. Your visualization can be a method used to intensify further and direct your will. Your visualization can be the method by which you control the magical energy you have produced. You must know what you want. You must see it. You must feel the high energy flow. You must direct it.
- Write your spoken words. For making your words and thoughts stronger you can write your spell into a rhyme to be spoken aloud; this makes it easier to remember your spell, you can also chant your spell to raise energy.
- Remember the Threefold Law. Everything that you want to reach with this spell comes back 3 times, good or wrong.
- Additonal Tips
- Before you write your final version of your spell, you can write on a note what you want to reach with your spell, and what you are needing.
- Don’t forget to cast a circle before doing any spell, for you are totally vulnerable for elementals when casting higher powers of other beings.
- Meditation is the key to relaxation, and being completely relaxed allows energy to flow freely throughout your body. You should learn how to clear your mind and focus with whats on hand.
- Remember the very important law: if thee harm none, do what thou will.
- Remember to always end a spell in “In no way shall this spell reverse, or place upon me any curse, so mote it be”