What is Venus retrograde?
From time to time, due to the relative motion of the Earth and Venus around the Sun, as we look to the sky, Venus appears to make a stop and go backwards. This is the so called retrograde movement, it happens every 18 months or so, and it lasts for about 40 days, which represents 7% of the time. Of all planets, Venus is the one that has the shorter retrograde movement.
What would be the astrological influence of Venus’ retrograde movement?
By definition, Venus is the planet of love and marriage, of relationships and diplomacy, of art and beauty, of fashion and luxury, of money and pleasures.
Going backwards, the venusian influence is diminished, disturbed or internalized, so that the above mentioned areas are afflicted in a way or another.
During this time, feelings are not easily expressed, everyone seems to need more affection and love; also, those with relational issues will have to face the reality. The general advise is to focus on older relationships, to try to make them work, or to understand our true feelings. It will be harder to understand what others feel, though.
We may meet old friends or someone we loved or cared for a long time ago, which might reactivate old feelings, possibly forgotten.
The artistic sensibility is lower than normal or perverted, so that we might buy clothes or artwork that we’ll reject after Venus goes back to direct motion. Therefore it is advised not to buy jewelery or other similar expensive stuff, as we might regret it later. However, Venus retrograde is a good time to buy antiques, artwork of historical value or just second-hand art objects, if you can evaluate them correctly.
What is definitely to avoid during this time?
Weddings, opening of a fashion store, beauty salon, art gallery, launching of a women magazine, buying expensive items of venusian nature, radical changes of the personal look, house redecorations, big parties or other important social events, investments and so on.
What should we do, then?
- clean-up the house and decide which old objects of sentimental value to keep and which to throw away or sell.
- renegociate a contract or a bank loan (but we shouldn’t apply for a new one)
- discuss and clarify things in the current relationship, as our understanding on own feelings is increased, which is not true about others’ feelings, requiring open and sincere communication
- ask genuinely for forgiveness for our mistakes
- contact friends or other persons we care about in order to continue the relationship
- develop our capability to love anyone unconditionally, by meditations, prayers and other spiritual activities