Fehu is the Rune of prosperity, good luck and unbridled creative energies. Being associated with Frey, this Rune is also a powerful omen of fertility. Fehu is one of the three Mother Stones and should never be taken lightly.
Additional Information about the Rune, Fehu courtesy Runic Journey
fehu : cattle
Phonetic equivalent: f
- DIVINATORY MEANINGS:
- prosperity, money, wealth, concern with physical and financial needs, goals, promotion, self-esteem, centeredness, karma
- MAGICAL USES:
- for money, business, promotion, finding a job, achieving a goal, starting new enterprises
- ASSOCIATED MYTHS & DEITIES:
- Freyr, Brisingamen, Gullveig, Dwarfs, Sigurd & the Otter’s Gold
- Fehu is both the day-to-day reality of our lives and the catalyst that awakens us to what lies beyond. It is whatever we think we are seeking, which frequently bbears no resemblance to what we will eventually find. It is also our home, for after all our wanderings we will still need to attend to our physical needs and ground ourselves in the simple pleasures of home, family, and good work. Oz might be a fun place to visit, but after a while all you really want to do is go back to Kansas.Fehu reminds us that we must be secure in our physical situation before embarking upon any spiritual journey. We all must begin with the mundane reality of our lives, although many people never get beyond this. In many ways, we have become as domesticated as the cattle, living our day to day existence without wanting or even being aware of anything more being possible. The first step in breaking away from this situation is to catch a glimpse of what is possible, without dwelling on what security we may lose to attain it.