Obatala Healing spell
Obatala is Yoruba’s gentle healer. Obatala’s power of healing is so miraculous he isn’t syncretized to any ordinary saint but to another miracle healer, Jesus Christ. Obatala’s color (including bones) and heals through that color, hence the eggs and camphor in this spell.
Although Obatala may be invoked for any sort of heading, his specialty is cooling, in all sense of the word. Invoke Obatala to remedy any over-heated situation or condition whether physical , emotional, or spiritual . Known as Oxala in Brazil, Obatala’s day are Sundays or Thursdays, depending on tradition. He is traditionally offered white things: milk, coconut, rice, Cascarilla Powder, white Shea and cocoa butter and white candles.
Every person involved with this spell is assigned an egg, whether that person is ill or is serving in the capacity of healer. Maintain this spell as a vigil until healing occurs. When and if the eggs start to smell, dispose of them outside the home and replace.
1. Write the appropriate name on each egg, so that they may be distinguished from one another.
2. Fill a clear, sparkling clean, crystal bowl with spring water.
3. Dissolve a square of white camphor in the water.
4. Place the eggs within the bowl.
5. Change the water morning and evening, adding additional camphor.
6. Burn two white cross candles or plain white candles on either side of the egg-filled bowl. Enhance with dressing oils as you deem appropriate.
7. Accompany the spell with prayers and petitions as desired.
Jane’s Pocketbook of Spell: Cleansing, Banishing, Protection and other various Remedies