The Pendulum Board
- A pendulum board is not necessary to perform tasks of divination, but it does come in handy.You can make your own or purchase a pendulum kit when you’re looking for the right tool for you. If you want to make your own, you simply need a circle with these six directions. This is the most common layout of a pendulum board. As you progress you might decide to make a more elaborate board that includes an alphabet and numbers.
- Yes ~ an up and down direction.
- No ~ a side to side direction.
- Maybe ~ a diagonal direction, from the lower left to upper right corners of the circle.
- Don’t Want To Answer ~ a diagonal direction , from the lower right to the upper left corners of the circle.
- Probably Yes ~ a clockwise circle.
- Probably Not ~ a counter-clockwise circle.
Making Your Own Board
- Most pendulums you can purchase come with their own pendulum board. But not all do. If you chose to use a board, you can use a variety of things to make your own board.
- You can draw a simple circle on a piece of paper and place the labels in the locations you feel most comfortable with. You can use a photo. You can alter a photo or picture with a graphics package and print it from your computer on photographic paper. You can even use “The Wheel” or “The Fortune” card from your favorite tarot deck.
- The key is finding an image that inspires you, that has a circle in the center and you can easily identify the answer layout to.
- This image is a good example of how a picture can be used to create a board. It’s a picture that was sent to me as a gift. Using a graphics package, I simply added the labels to make the board. In reality, you don’t have to add the words if you don’t want to. It can make it easier for the client to watch the pendulum as it swings and answers their questions.And it can also provide the new reader with a reminder of how they programmed the pendulum to operate.