RITUAL TO BECOME A WITCH
*Do it once you know what you have learned the basics and are most sure*
1. Set up your temporary altar and quarter points. The quarters can be stones or candles but stones have the advantage of not blowing out if there’s a breeze.
2.Cast a circle of protection
3. Undress-remove all jewelry. watches, etc., and put into a bag with your purse and other items that are easily lost.
4.Consecrate the circle.
5.Summon the guardians with these words, and don’t forget to pause to visualize the element for yourself dedication:
“Guardians of the North, sacred spirit of the Earth. Into the stillness of your cold dar womb shall you except my death, the death of my former self. I shall bid you hail and welcome.
Guardians of the East, sacred spirits of the air. As the sun rises in the east so shall you guide my rebirth into my new life as a witch. I bid you hail and welcome.
Guardians of the South, sacred spirits of Fire. you shall be my protector as I go forth from here along my new path. I bid you hail and welcome.
Guardians of the West, sacred spirits of Water. Cleanse my spirit and keep it ever pure from now and into the future.”
6. Now for your symbolic death:
Lie on the floor on your back. you can lie with your head to the altar(North) if you wish to be close to the God and Goddess or to the East if the principle of rebirth is more important to you.
Recite the words again:
“I am entering the stillness before creation
I am entering the ground of the God and Goddess
May my body be still
May my mind be peaceful
May by heart be ready”
7. Now be at peace; feel the peace of the Goddess flow into you. Feel yourself merge with the cold earth beneath you. Chant this slowly and quietly:
Dark Mother and Father take me in
Let me be reborn.”
Keep chanting until you feel yourself melting into the Goddess.
8. When you feel the time is right get up and begin to walk around the circle chanting the God and Goddess chant:
“We all come from the God and Goddess,
And to them we shall return,
Like a drop of rain,
Flowing to the ocean.”
Walk gradually faster and chant faster round and round the circle. Faster and faster until you get dizzy. Don’t stop even then. After a while you’ll get tired, but don’t stop. Go on the same time again until you drop exhausted to the floor. Why? Because chanting and dancing raise power.
9. Lay again on your back as you regain your breath. As soon as you have your breath back stand in front of the altar and anoint yourself thus:
Dip a finger in the oil and mark a cross on the left breast (male or female) then on the right breast then just above the pubic hair. This is the sigil of the first degree, the downward pointing triangle. Say:
“I anoint myself priest/ess of the old religion, and I take the name (speak your magical name quietly)”
“I (real name) in the presence of the forces of the Universe and the Divine, do of my own free will and mind most solemnly swear that I will ever abide by the religion and science of the Craft of the Wise.
I shall neither harm my fellow humans with the secrets that I learn nor shall I flaunt my beliefs or powers before them.
From this day on I shall be reborn as (magical name) and shall honor, respect and cherish the oath I have taken.”
10. Kneel up in front of the altar. Pour a little wine into the goblet and place it at the front of the altar. Now take your athame and holding it with both hands, pointing down and arms outstretched plunge the blade into the wine.
“As the cup is to the female so the blade is to the male.”
“And so conjoined bring blessedness.”
11. Now say to yourself:
” I am reborn. I am a Witch. I am a priest/ess”
Rise to your feet and say as loud as is safe bearing in mind that sound travels “I AM A WITCH!”
12. Now consecrate the wine and cakes as you have already learned. Take some wine and eat a cake. Close the circle and dismiss the quarters, remembering to thank them. Get dressed and eat and drink some more and remember to keep some back for the libation which you make on the very site of your self initiation before you leave.