It probably goes without saying that no crystal should be used in lieu of the sound, professional advice of a physician. That said, there are any number of crystals that can be used to alleviate some of the side effects, pain or illness that can accompany cancer symptoms. There are even those crystals that can reduce that sense of unimaginable fear that almost always seems to take over at the first utterance of that word, â€œcancerâ€. Also, bear in mind that there is no right or wrong way to use these stones. If you don’t feel comfortable using them on the chakras, perhaps you’d rather wear them or carry them in a pocket or purse. Simply putting a crystal on a part of the body that is in pain can make a wealth of difference.
The list of crystals commonly associated with cancer support is by no means exhaustive. Different types of cancer may be helped by crystals associated with the part of the body affected with that type of cancer. For example, bone cancers may benefit from crystals such as Calcite (yellow) or Azurite, while Leukemia (affecting the blood) can be helped with the aide of Indian Bloodstone or Hematite. So, do some research and add other crystals that help those specific areas of the body.
The crystals being discussed for this article are Rose Quartz, Sugilite, Watermelon Tourmaline, Purple Fluorite and Rhodocrosite.
Rose Quartz, a lovely pale pink crystal, is associated with the element of Earth and, since it a stone of love, the planet Venus. It can be used to â€œopen upâ€ the heart chakra, thus bringing a sense of peace and calm. Rose Quartz can be held when emotional stress becomes too overwhelming. Place a piece under the pillow to improve sleep. Recharging this crystal is as simple as running it under water.
Sugilite is a deep purple or violet stone that instills a sense of optimism. Acting somewhat like an electrical conductor, Sugilite directs energy to parts of the body that are blocked and removes those energy blockages. Continued illness or stress can benefit from this stone as it realigns the system. Sugilite is ruled by the Air element and the planet Jupiter. It is used on the crown chakra and can be helpful for cleansing the pituitary, adrenal and pineal glands. Recharge Sugilite by placing it in a soft cloth along with a piece of Amethyst.
Watermelon Tourmaline is an amazing dual-colored crystal consisting of an outer band of deep green surrounding a pink center, much like the fruit for which it was named. Like other tourmalines, watermelon tourmaline is piezoelectric, which means that when it is squeezed, each end becomes electrically charged. And, because it has dual energies (projective-outward-male, and receptive-inward-female), it is often worn or carried to balance these energies throughout the body. This variety of tourmaline is ruled by the elements of Water and Fire and the planets Venus and Mars. Place a piece of Watermelon Tourmaline on the heart chakra to balance out its energy. It is often used to calm fear and anxiety and increase relaxation. Recharge this crystal by placing it on a windowsill at twilight.
Purple Fluorite is a lovely translucent purple crystal that is governed by the element of Water and the planet Neptune. It rules the brow or crown chakras, thus easing headaches, bringing a more restful sleep, and clarifying thought patterns. It is often used to heal the sinuses, throat and ears. Purple Fluorite restores the body’s resistance to illness and can be especially helpful when used in conjunction with Jade (Nephrite) to bring healing support for chronic, long-term illnesses. Simply run it under water to recharge.
Rhodocrosite is another dual-colored crystal, which is a deep, rosy pink with white or paler pink banding. Ruled by Fire and the planet Mars, it is a powerful healing crystal that detoxifies the blood and liver. Rhodocrosite also brings about an air of self-confidence when you are faced with new or difficult situations. When placed over the Heart or Solar Plexus chakras, it will rebalance the nervous system. Pass the crystal through rose-scented incense to recharge and cleanse.
When dealing with cancer and the multitude of debilitating aspects, both emotional and physical, there is no right or wrong concerning which crystals to choose. Personally, I say the more the merrier. If you are overwhelmed by the choices and really have no clear direction, take pause, sit quietly and ask the Universe to guide you. Often, the stones will seek you out, either as a gift from someone or by making themselves â€œknownâ€ to you in a shop, etc. A piece of clear Quartz crystal will also help if that is all you have. I truly hope that this article brings some peace and a sense of relief to those who sought information. Blessings.
Healing Crystals Expert
Kunz, George F. (1938). The Curious Lore of Precious Stones. Halcyon House: New York.
Leach, Maria. (1984). Funk & Wagnalls Standard Dictionary of Folklore, Mythology, and Legend. Harper & Row: New York.
Question for our resident Crystal Experts?
- If you have a question about crystals, please Contact Us and we’ll do our best to respond.
- Here, you can see some of our past Crystal Recommendations
Looking for Quartz Points?
See these categories for some great deals on wholesale quartz points:
Bargain Quartz Points – Just a few of our best-priced points.
Best Deals – Our picks for our “Best Deals” on wholesale quartz points.
Wholesale Clear Quartz Points – All of our wholesale quartz points.
Click here for a FREE CRYSTAL!
FREE RESOURCES on our website:
1. Join us Facebook or Follow us on Twitter to meet others interested in crystals and for lots of great crystal information:
2. Learn more about crystals. Featured Articles and Information about Crystal Healing on HealingCrystals.com.
- Newsletter Archive
- Methods for Clearing Crystals and Cleaning Crystals
- Methods for Programming Crystals
- Ailments and Issues – Physical
- Ailments and Issues – Emotional
- Ailments and Issues – Spiritual
- Chakra Crystal Articles
- Astrology Crystals
- Sacred Geometry Crystals
- Crystal Formations
- Crystal Cautions – Toxic Crystals
- More Articles about Crystals
- Crystal Recommendations
3. Metaphysical Crystal Healing Guide Check out the nifty search feature where you can search for stone names or you can search for specific keywords in the description.
Favorite Metaphysical Crystal Healing Guides (from other websites).
4. Free Crystal Divination Cards – Last year, we developed a set of Crystal Divination Cards that you can use on our website. If you are working on an issue, you can use these cards. Even if you do not own the stone that you pick, you can still connect with that stone’s vibration and give intent to receive the healing energy that you need.
Install Crystal Divination Cards on your Website today for free!
5. Crystal Q & A – Post a question and receive an answer. This topic is moderated by Kristi Huggins, an author and project manager for HealingCrystals.com. Kristi’s books include the Gemstone Healing Guide, A Healing Apothecary.
6. Crystal Book Reviews – Read a List of our favorite Crystal Books with book reviews. If your favorite crystal book is not listed on this page, please Contact Us.
7. Search for Crystal Information or for Products -
On our Advanced Search Page, you can search for the following:
- Search for Products by Name (or by description keyword by checking box that says Search in Product Descriptions)
- Search for Articles by Title (or for keywords in the content of the articles by checking box that says Search Article Titles & Article Content)
- Search Metaphysical Directory by Stone Name (or for specific keywords by checking box that says Search Article Titles & Article Content).
8. Does your Metaphysical Business need a boost? We’re developing a new website called Healing Profiles where you can post a profile page for your business for free and we will help you to market your products and services. Set up a profile page for your business for free and let us help to support your business.